Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Just got back from Pismo, seeing more bigger and better towing rigs down there[IMG][/IMG] Saw 5-5 Kodiac 4500s and about the same in the F650 category[IMG][/IMG] One F650 went all the way to Kentucky to get his custom paint job. Good looking truck.</end quote></div>

You see my parentals down der? They got down there on the 29th and wont be back till the 9th.

</end quote></div>

Saw a lot of PSD's down there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Could of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sand was pretty darn good. A lot of sirens though! Wife helped out on a kid who went of the back of a dune and bailed in mid flight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Quad Patrol

Thanks Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A lot of helpful information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll let you know the out come. Hopefully it's just the breaker and nothing more, like the stator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Need to get this back up and running and the Onan 7k on the trailer working[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] After this trip I have a few more things to work on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Never ending!!

Old 07-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Would anyone mind linking me to or pointing me in the right direction of the sites that you guys feel are most valuable to new diesel owners?
I'm the proud new owner of a 2001 F-350 7.3L 4X4 XLT Crew Cab. 150K miles. Very nice condition for the age.
Although fuel economy is less than anticipated I'm very satisfied with it up to this point.
Thank you gentlemen.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Quad Patrol

To answer your question, I visit dieselstop.com. Done a lot of research there.

I have the same truck as yours with 143K on it. Really never gave me a problem until I reached 138k. Since then, had the transmission rebuilt and a new starter. For towing, I love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If the wife was to tell me it was the PSD or her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'd have to take the truck, seems I get more enjoyment out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Enjoy your PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As far as mileage, best I ever got was around 22 mph coming home from Idaho couple years ago, was averaging 14-17 but since going to 17" wheels, I get on average 13 mpg around town and towing 12K, 10 mpg.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Skinner, electrical question for you. My Honda 5000 generator stopped making electricity. Last time it did, the GFI circuit breaker kept tripping. Now, I can't get it to trip when I test it. The switch on the breaker flips or trips real easy, kinda like a house light switch. Should it be stiffer? (That's a loaded question[img][/img]) and is there a way of checking the breaker before I pay an arm and a leg? Reminder, I am not real good with elelctricity[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Ever get that thing fixed?

Old 07-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

The axle brackets I just bought are probably the spring perches that you speak of. And yes, six inches would be nice.[IMG]i/

I would just fold it in half [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Skinner, electrical question for you. My Honda 5000 generator stopped making electricity. Last time it did, the GFI circuit breaker kept tripping. Now, I can't get it to trip when I test it. The switch on the breaker flips or trips real easy, kinda like a house light switch. Should it be stiffer? (That's a loaded question[IMG][/IMG]) and is there a way of checking the breaker before I pay an arm and a leg? Reminder, I am not real good with elelctricity[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Ever get that thing fixed?</end quote></div>

Hi Creator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Not yet. Waiting on my co-worker's looser electrician brother[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He's had it 2 week or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and haven't heard anything yet. Need to get it fixed though, going camping up by Dardanelles 1st weekend in August.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

The axle brackets I just bought are probably the spring perches that you speak of. And yes, six inches would be nice.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LOL!!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Quad Patrol

This threads been slow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Had to take the Prodigy brake controller off the truck, it was showing a ground problem to the trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Needless to say, the trailer wasn't connected to the truck. Prodigy says they will warranty it. Just need to find a dealer to swap it out for me. The store it was bought at won't do it. New owner and I can't find the receipt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Working with another shop, hopefully find something out next day or two.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Quad Patrol

I came to the conclusion that Weekend Warrior did a crappy job putting the frame on my trailer for the ramp. It was held to the wooden frame by 2 screws[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And they had backed out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] causing the frame to tweak and crack the sheet metal skin. Spent the weekend fixing one side, now need to finish the right side. Also cut 3 feet off the drain pipe and added a 90 elbow to it, now there is no kink in the sewer hose. I even put a clear pipe on the hose so I can watch the @#$% go bye-bye[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] painted all the stabilizers and legs. After the sheet metal gets finished tomorrow, need to refab the bathroom sink, going from a oval sink with an offset faucet, to a square sink with the faucet in back of the sink. Oh yea, even adjusted the brakes on the trailer too. Hopefully that takes care of the lack of brakes I've been feeling. Would love to try them out, but had already removed the prodigy and gave it to the dealer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Right now, I think that was a bad idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel