Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I once had hours like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I try every few weeks or so to talk my manager into those type of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, he just laughs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think more would get done by working us 10 hours a day, 4 days a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We just finished a job for our bakersfield office, 4 of us finished a job that was 2 months behind in just over 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even worked 7 hours Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
The 9/80 is a decent compromise.

Probubly got a decent bonus for that....huh? OK probubly not.
You a funny man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bonus's don't come out until Februarish, so, hopefully it's more than just enough to buy a happy meal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Xmas for us. We pretty much always get one. It was lean at Xmas last year, but the boss dipped into the credit line I think for ours. About 1/2 the prior year bonus. This year better be a nice bonus. I pretty much did a complete design for one project.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Finally got our trailer and towed it with the PSD back to where we store it, found out 4 inches between the bottom of the trailer and top of the bed rails is not enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now I am looking for taller arms for the 5th wheel hitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] either that, or I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches between the two vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so I don't mess up my bed.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] every truck at the ranch has a bent tailgate and worn out diamond plating on the rails from the trailer rubbing.. the new flat bed has a mile of clearance though. with the hay on it in my pictures. Throw a lift on the trailer. or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.
Axles already been flipped, getting a 3" lift to it. Don't need or want anymore dents in the truck. Just paid $$$ to get the last of them out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yeah dents suck.. You need to replace your bed with one of them low side fifth wheel boxs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] common on the centurions.
Gotta watch those in CA. CHP might decide that he needs a motor carrier of property permit, commonly known as a CA Number (because they are "CA ######" on trucks.) And thus he should stop at scales. And I don't think MD wants to be stopping at the scales. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 09:39 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I like the ride, but still wander a little bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Probably need to replace an arm or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, the wife will take an arm or two of mine if I spend anymore money on the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I finally got her ding fixed last week too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Looks better than new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Mine is missing one of the rear sway bar arms. Ive never noticed it. But then again ive never had it. I did notice adding a steering stabilizer. Glad to hear you finally got the vehicles fixed. Its tough to look at them everyday.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

You a funny man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bonus's don't come out until Februarish, so, hopefully it's more than just enough to buy a happy meal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Im not going ot be expecting much this year.

My old boss let us go a day before the end of what was easilly his best fiscal year ever. Never did get decent bonus's from him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

What time you going to be at the shop on Sat? Maybe I'll try to swing by.
11:00 to 7:00.

I hope I dont get reported to a moderator for advertising.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:43 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Trasher
I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches so I don't mess up my bed.

I'm not going to say a thing here

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMFAO!!!!

Now that you put it that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Damm funny Trasher!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.
I want to do this with my travel trailer. Im worried about tearing off the black/grey water lines.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: Trasher
I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches so I don't mess up my bed.

I'm not going to say a thing here

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMFAO!!!!

Now that you put it that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Damm funny Trasher!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I couldn't pass it up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 03:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Oi. Well I tightened up my chain (hopefully not too tight...) Then I was tightening down the carrier bolts. The lower bolt isn't too difficult. But I always have problems with the upper. Then I ended up getting it a little too tight...went to loosen it...there's a reason I hope the chain isn't too tight... stripped the hell out of of the bolt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You can't get real close as you have to use a socket going through the rear sprocket. It slipped off once. Then again. And well... The nut is still ok, but a socket will just spin, even a 6-point, on the bolt. Guess I'll be adding an upper bolt to my order from the dealer (need a new tail light ($15), & headlamp bulbs ($8 ea)).

Though I'm thinking about something else for the head lights. Those Yamahas suck. Especially combined with their crappy switch that can get stuck in Hi an Lo at the same time, putting 2x the rated current through the bulb. I've now gone through 3 bulbs in 1.5 years. Which has damaged the reflectors and inside of the lenses.

I've thought about going with the Trail Techs with the dash & bar clamp. Gets a bit spendy though.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

That's a bummer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Can you take the wheel off and get in there with a impact hammer to help twist it off?

I haven't ever burnt out a bulb yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel