Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Sweet, We felt the first one last night.

MAMMOTH

"Long Valley Daily Update issued Jun 12, 2007 10:25 PDT Volcanic-Alert Level NORMAL - Aviation Color Code GREEN

As of 10:15 (PDT) on the 12th, the earthquake sequence that began with magnitude M=3.6 and M=4.6 earthquakes at 12:22 and 12:23 AM, respectively, has included nearly 90 aftershocks large enough for the automatic computer system to detect and locate. Five of these have had magnitudes of M=3.0 or greater. The most recent of these was a M=3.5 earthquake at 8:11 AM this morning. All of the earthquakes continue to be located just east of Lake Dorothy in the Sierra Nevada (2 miles SE of Mount Morrison and 9 miles SE of Mammoth Lakes). We see no evidence for any increased activity within Long Valley caldera. "

And they're still continuing.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqc...al/Long_Valley_eqs.php</end quote></div>

We should be starting some work over there pretty soon. Long drive...like 8 hrs via the desert route (99-58-395...or something like that.) Unless the boss shuttles them back and forth...maybe 30-40 minute trip at 250 kts.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Last time I felt an earthquake it was the water bed WE were on. But to my surprise[img][/img][img][/img] it was the Loma Prieta Earthquake[img][/img] Talk about being disappointed[img][/img] that earthquake did put a couple minor cracks in the stucco[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I remember Loma Prieta. Was watching the 5 o'clock news.

Got woke up by Northridge. Was like WTH was that? Then the radio said I-5 was closed at Magic Mountain.

Last one I really felt was Paso Robles in Dec '04, IIRC.

Oh yeah, and when Parkfield went. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (was at the office for both of those.)

Waiting patiently for the Tajon section to go. That will be "The Big One." Last time it leveled Fort Tajon and LA wasn't much then.

They canceled a 4.0 and one lower down at Gorman this morning. Wonder what it was.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Ive felt at least 3 since i moved up here. Pretty cool

Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Wow, back from Idaho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Didn't catch many fish[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But what beautiful country. Made a visit to St. Anthony's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] was only 20 miles away. Need to add that place to the list of riding areas all BLM land and camping/riding is free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome back.

Well, I finally flipped the axles on my camp trailer. It gave me another 6 to 8 inches...which wifey totally enjoys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The only bad thing is that the axle arc is now facing down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I hope it doesn't give me any problems.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

Welcome back.

Well, I finally flipped the axles on my camp trailer. It gave me another 6 to 8 inches...which wifey totally enjoys.[IMG][/IMG] The only bad thing is that the axle arc is now facing down.[IMG][/IMG] I hope it doesn't give me any problems.</end quote></div>

I am confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Like that is the first time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] When you flipped the axles, didn't you just place everything on top of the axles, without moving the axles themselves? Or am I missing something????

Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Well the in-laws are out from Illinois[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Already had a azz chew from the mother in-law on the way home from the airport[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] Guess we get to go to Oceano this weekend. Maybe I'll bury her in the sand and like everything else you bury in the sand, loose her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Well the in-laws are out from Illinois[img][/img][img][/img] Already had a azz chew from the mother in-law on the way home from the airport[img][/img] Guess we get to go to Oceano this weekend. Maybe I'll bury her in the sand and like everything else you bury in the sand, loose her[img][/img]</end quote></div>

It is at times like these that I'm happy to be single. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

The axle brackets that sit on top of the springs are welded to the axle. So when you move the axles from on top of the springs to the bottom of the springs, the axle is rotated 180 degrees. Thus, what used to be the bottom of the axle is now the top of the axle.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Anywho, I picked up new axle brackets (channel iron), and hope to get them welded on the axle. That should fix the problem.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't be flipping the axle 180[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You just need to get some spring perches welded on the top of the axles so the spring will rest on top of the axle and not bolted from underneath. That should give you about six inches of height to the trailer. (I'll leave the joke open for you here)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel