Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

I'll be off to Maui for 8 days starting tomorrow. I'll be "working" for a couple and then kickin it for the rest. (like someone could even tell the difference)[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

bastage ,,!,,</end quote></div>

That's exactly what I am thinking[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

Have fun[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] and leave those golf clubs behind, wouldn't want to see you have to good of a time[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] LOL!</end quote></div>

What??? Not take my clubs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Going over to Lanai to play both courses over there for the day. Can't wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

We were busy at work last week to. Had a dead line to meet for a CalTrans submittal. This job has been a pain in the rear!</end quote></div>

Ick. No kidding. We've got one of those jobs. Main reason I have over 130 hours of comp time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I know exactly how that feels with a tranny going out. I suggest a SunCoast. I am happy with mine</end quote></div>

He was having Ford look at it and possibly a shop there fix it. First run through they were saying torque converter or front pump. Their tranny guy was going to look at it first thing this AM.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Did your buddy by the one in the paper for $4000? Saw that the other day. if your interested, I might know of another one[/IMG]</end quote></div>

He saw it on Craigs List. And they did want 4000.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>To bad on your friend with the broken arm[img][/img]

I know all about driving, Put 1000 miles on the PSd when the in-laws went to Pismo and I dropped them off and went back 2 days later to get them. However, there was 2 days of solitude[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Talked to the boss today at 4pm. He was on mile 600 of the trip. It's about 375 one way. So he must have been out in the desert somewhere, CA City maybe. Not sure. Going east over Tehachapi he was doing 50, pushing 30psi. Leaving Bishop I guess there's a 6% grade from 5000-7000'. He was pushing 42 and only getting about 10 or 20psi. And the start off (assuming he stopped for fuel) sucked. Trying to get on the road with zero boost (elevation plus it was still spooling up.)

He told me I'm driving next trip. :/ And I think I'm going to be pulling the air compressor. :/ (trailer? What trailer?) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] At least that will only be one way. Coming back, screw the mileage. I'm gonna burn fuel to get home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Happy belated B-day[img][/img] What are you, 23[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah. You turn 30 this year? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Skinner, I see you are a "Air Cooled Rider" now[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah. After the screw up, err I mean upgrade, Raptory was giving the Spinners custom status names. MWQ is KTM Rider, I believe. And he keeps screwing with OFCs. LOL

Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Quad Patrol

Happy belated B-day[IMG][/IMG] What are you, 23[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Yeah. You turn 30 this year? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sure did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Wife actually lost a couple of years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I see you are a "Air Cooled Rider" now[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Yeah. After the screw up, err I mean upgrade, Raptory was giving the Spinners custom status names. MWQ is KTM Rider, I believe. And he keeps screwing with OFCs. LOL</end quote></div>

LOL!!! I think Raptory set the system up so he'd have more control[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Vote for my RIIIIDDEEE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

http://www.nxtampedup.com/ampe...v=1&k=ZGY3B6FEMWEM2BN

Please? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Well I made it to Mammoth and back. Lots of driving and lots of fuel.

VERY happy with the way the truck performed.

First leg: 212.2 miles, 20.138 gallons for 10.5 MPG. Didn't weigh, but she was probably 16K on the truck and 3000 trailer. Tehachapi was the only major grade (filled up in Piersonville which seems to be dominated by the Shell station. 3.279/gallon. Had no problem keeping 50MPH and 25psi.

Second leg: 300.2, 28.234g for 10.6 MPG. That's a round trip Piersonville to Mammoth Lakes and back. Climb was Sherwin Pass, 6% from 4000' (Bishop) to 7000' (Tom's Place.) Was not much traffic. 45-50MPH pushing 25psi at time. Not sure why the boss was only getting 20psi. Though I have to tell you turbo lag at 7000' from a dead stop trying to cross 395 is a bit disconcerting. Foot to floor...wait...little movement..and at about 3000RPM she took off.

Last leg was Piersonville to Fresno. 218.2 miles, 17.875g for 12.2MPG. I think she's breaking in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Return trip I was empty.

Was going to stop at Jawbone Station but I would have had to cut off an 18 wheeler to make the exit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Some gorgeous scenery up along 14 and 395. Red Rock Canyon was pretty sweet. Now I know where all these places are (including Dove Springs.)

Old 07-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

First leg: 212.2 miles, 20.138 gallons for 10.5 MPG. Didn't weigh, but she was probably 16K on the truck and 3000 trailer. Tehachapi was the only major grade (filled up in Piersonville which seems to be dominated by the Shell station. 3.279/gallon. Had no problem keeping 50MPH and 25psi.

Second leg: 300.2, 28.234g for 10.6 MPG. That's a round trip Piersonville to Mammoth Lakes and back. Climb was Sherwin Pass, 6% from 4000' (Bishop) to 7000' (Tom's Place.) Was not much traffic. 45-50MPH pushing 25psi at time. Not sure why the boss was only getting 20psi. Though I have to tell you turbo lag at 7000' from a dead stop trying to cross 395 is a bit disconcerting. Foot to floor...wait...little movement..and at about 3000RPM she took off.

Last leg was Piersonville to Fresno. 218.2 miles, 17.875g for 12.2MPG. I think she's breaking in. [img][/img]

Return trip I was empty.

Was going to stop at Jawbone Station but I would have had to cut off an 18 wheeler to make the exit. [img][/img] Some gorgeous scenery up along 14 and 395. Red Rock Canyon was pretty sweet. Now I know where all these places are (including Dove Springs.)</end quote></div>

I went to mammoth pool yesterday. Thats about as close as i got to mammoth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Almost ran into some cows too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Last leg was Piersonville to Fresno. 218.2 miles, 17.875g for 12.2MPG. I think she's breaking in. [IMG][/IMG]

Return trip I was empty.

Was going to stop at Jawbone Station but I would have had to cut off an 18 wheeler to make the exit. [IMG][/IMG] Some gorgeous scenery up along 14 and 395. Red Rock Canyon was pretty sweet. Now I know where all these places are (including Dove Springs.)</end quote></div>

I went to mammoth pool yesterday. Thats about as close as i got to mammoth. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG]

Almost ran into some cows too [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

it isn't that far away either. Just those pesky mountains in the way. :/ They just need to build a long @ss tunnel from like Shaver or Huntington.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel