Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

I came to the conclusion that Weekend Warrior did a crappy job putting the frame on my trailer for the ramp. It was held to the wooden frame by 2 screws[img][/img][img][/img] And they had backed out[img][/img] causing the frame to tweak and crack the sheet metal skin. Spent the weekend fixing one side, now need to finish the right side. Also cut 3 feet off the drain pipe and added a 90 elbow to it, now there is no kink in the sewer hose. I even put a clear pipe on the hose so I can watch the @#$% go bye-bye[img][/img] painted all the stabilizers and legs. After the sheet metal gets finished tomorrow, need to refab the bathroom sink, going from a oval sink with an offset faucet, to a square sink with the faucet in back of the sink. Oh yea, even adjusted the brakes on the trailer too. Hopefully that takes care of the lack of brakes I've been feeling. Would love to try them out, but had already removed the prodigy and gave it to the dealer.[img][/img]Right now, I think that was a bad idea[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you for the next week or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yeah it has been slow.

Was busy at work last week. Just got a new 10K GVWR trailer at work and was weighing it and equipment. It was an hour for each weigh as the closest scales are 30 minutes by street away. Hopefully I don't get a call in the next hour oh so (Boss should be crossing the Tehachapi scales then.) Be interesting what kind of mileage the 6.0 gets running about 25,500 combined. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

So this weekend I added another year the calendar. Actually made it to Pismo for a day trip on Saturday. That's just too much driving for a day trip. A guy in the CATVW group lost his tranny on the beach. 120K miles (sounds right for a Ford tranny on the back of a 7.3L.) He'll know more this morning. Either torque converter or front pump. Another person lost 2 tires on the toy box. Someone else I guess ripped a frame member off under their trailer trying to move it from the back or something. Not exactly sure. Let's see...probably sitting there at 10K (38' fifth wheel). Pull it from a floor support. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Yesterday I drove through MD and MWQs towns. Took a buddy up to look at an '05 Rappy, and he bought. So we "stopped by" Hollister on the way home. Ok, Rappy has so much more power than the Warrior. Ergonomics are 100x better. Met some friends there and one broke their arm on the track. Slid sideways through a corner and caught and dump him sideways.

So all in all one sweet bday weekend. Just could have done without the 700+ miles of driving.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

So all in all one sweet bday weekend. Just could have done without the 700+ miles of driving.</end quote></div>

Your Birthday?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Nuthin like driving 700 miles in a couple of days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be off to Maui for 8 days starting tomorrow. I'll be "working" for a couple and then kickin it for the rest. (like someone could even tell the difference)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

I'll be off to Maui for 8 days starting tomorrow. I'll be "working" for a couple and then kickin it for the rest. (like someone could even tell the difference)[img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

bastage ,,!,,

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

I came to the conclusion that Weekend Warrior did a crappy job putting the frame on my trailer for the ramp. It was held to the wooden frame by 2 screws[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] And they had backed out[IMG][/IMG] causing the frame to tweak and crack the sheet metal skin. Spent the weekend fixing one side, now need to finish the right side. Also cut 3 feet off the drain pipe and added a 90 elbow to it, now there is no kink in the sewer hose. I even put a clear pipe on the hose so I can watch the @#$% go bye-bye[IMG][/IMG] painted all the stabilizers and legs. After the sheet metal gets finished tomorrow, need to refab the bathroom sink, going from a oval sink with an offset faucet, to a square sink with the faucet in back of the sink. Oh yea, even adjusted the brakes on the trailer too. Hopefully that takes care of the lack of brakes I've been feeling. Would love to try them out, but had already removed the prodigy and gave it to the dealer.[IMG][/IMG]Right now, I think that was a bad idea[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you for the next week or two[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I don't think it will ever stop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Yeah it has been slow.

Was busy at work last week. Just got a new 10K GVWR trailer at work and was weighing it and equipment. It was an hour for each weigh as the closest scales are 30 minutes by street away. Hopefully I don't get a call in the next hour oh so (Boss should be crossing the Tehachapi scales then.) Be interesting what kind of mileage the 6.0 gets running about 25,500 combined. [img][/img]

So this weekend I added another year the calendar. Actually made it to Pismo for a day trip on Saturday. That's just too much driving for a day trip. A guy in the CATVW group lost his tranny on the beach. 120K miles (sounds right for a Ford tranny on the back of a 7.3L.) He'll know more this morning. Either torque converter or front pump. Another person lost 2 tires on the toy box. Someone else I guess ripped a frame member off under their trailer trying to move it from the back or something. Not exactly sure. Let's see...probably sitting there at 10K (38' fifth wheel). Pull it from a floor support. [img][/img]

Yesterday I drove through MD and MWQs towns. Took a buddy up to look at an '05 Rappy, and he bought. So we "stopped by" Hollister on the way home. Ok, Rappy has so much more power than the Warrior. Ergonomics are 100x better. Met some friends there and one broke their arm on the track. Slid sideways through a corner and caught and dump him sideways.

So all in all one sweet bday weekend. Just could have done without the 700+ miles of driving.</end quote></div>

We were busy at work last week to. Had a dead line to meet for a CalTrans submittal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This job has been a pain in the rear!

I know exactly how that feels with a tranny going out. I suggest a SunCoast. I am happy with mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Did your buddy by the one in the paper for $4000? Saw that the other day. if your interested, I might know of another one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

To bad on your friend with the broken arm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I know all about driving, Put 1000 miles on the PSd when the in-laws went to Pismo and I dropped them off and went back 2 days later to get them. However, there was 2 days of solitude[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Your Birthday?[img][/img] Nuthin like driving 700 miles in a couple of days[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Happy belated B-day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What are you, 23[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Quad Patrol

I'll be off to Maui for 8 days starting tomorrow. I'll be "working" for a couple and then kickin it for the rest. (like someone could even tell the difference)[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

bastage ,,!,,</end quote></div>

That's exactly what I am thinking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and leave those golf clubs behind, wouldn't want to see you have to good of a time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I see you are a "Air Cooled Rider" now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel