Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I just drove through Rancho Bernardo and into a couple of the streets that were opened up. It is amazing to see what happen. There is absolutely no rime or reason. It just all over the place going wherever the wind drove it. One house is missing a roof, next door lost a fence, next to that is leveled. totally unbelieveable.:Q

Got to say how we in san diego has handled this compared to Katrina. running pretty smooth. Insurance companies, FEMA, SDGE, etc are all out here in force helping people get back up and running. Not much fingering pointing like major Nagen did. He was such a joke:disgust;:frown;

Old 10-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Quad Patrol

There is no comparison between the two disasters. You have two totally different mind frames involved. One wanted to be carried by the government (like that are use to) and the other, is I'll need some help, but don't stand in my way to get things accomplished. You know what I am saying?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

Skinner...you still up?</end quote></div>

Looks who's talking about up[img][/img] and on the forums on top of that[img][/img][img][/img] Junior keeping you up tonight[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I think I just missed Hoss. I don't check PSD much as the volume is lower. Though at night I don't check SZ much either, unless it's rolling.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

I just drove through Rancho Bernardo and into a couple of the streets that were opened up. It is amazing to see what happen. There is absolutely no rime or reason. It just all over the place going wherever the wind drove it. One house is missing a roof, next door lost a fence, next to that is leveled. totally unbelieveable.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Got to say how we in san diego has handled this compared to Katrina. running pretty smooth. Insurance companies, FEMA, SDGE, etc are all out here in force helping people get back up and running. Not much fingering pointing like major Nagen did. He was such a joke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

I'm not sure when the boss' son is going to get back home. He has to fly into Ramona and can only fly VFR. Not sure if it's IFR or not. Wouldn't surprise me. The fires are between here and there. Boss could fly him, but he'd have to go back down there and pick him up and bring him back to Fresno to get the plane.

I was talking to the son Monday and he said he's always at the coastal house when stuff happens. Katrina, Cedar and Witch fires, tsunami, you name it. His place is between the 15 and (I think it's) W. Bernardo Dr south of Bernado Center Dr. Or something like that. Stuff to the west and north are toast.

As MD was saying there's a lot of different things going on in the southland as opposed to what happened in New Orleans. People are much more mobile. They pretty much all have transportation. Wasn't the case in NO. NO flooded and nobody could get around. Even the military was having issues. Roads are all pretty much open down there, especially to emergency crews. Comms were toast in Katrina. For the most part Comms are ok in the fires.

The only major problems they've had is getting the tankers air born because of the winds.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Enjoying my day off. Heading to Hollister tomorrow with LJ and his pops. Should be fun.

Got my TrailTech Vapor all set up. Anyone know the shift points for a Warrior? I went with 6000 RPM yellow and 7000 RPM red line. Yep, it has shift lights. The only thing I'm not really sure on is engine temps. This thing measures temps at the spark plug. Idling it was pushing 270 when warmed up. Water temps would be easy at about 190 warning and 210 danger levels. Of course the cylinder temps will be much hotter than coolant temps.

Next I'm looking at getting a GPS. Was going to go with a regular Garmin Legend. For about 70-100. Then found the Legend Cx which will go for about 170. It's color and has a microSD card for storage. Figure you can get a 1GB for $17 shipped. 24 for 2GB. That will hold a LOT of vector data.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

I figured it was FWD with some sort of swingarm on each side. If that's the case it must be running in 4wd mode and it's not made for that for long periods of time. The load rating must be a joke also. What a waste of time and money[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I totally agree Creator, what a waste[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border="0[/IMG]

However, you know coming to a low-rider near you (us) it could very well be down our street. I'd thought I'd never see 20+ inch wheels or spinners on a PSD and I am seeing more and more[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG] (Icouldalmostpukefrown)</end quote></div>

Ugly friggin things. I can't stand 'em.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Quad Patrol

I saw you posting about the Trailtech in the SZ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds like a nice unit to have. A little different taking the temp at the spark plug. Does it give you a variance so you can determine what the coolant temp is? Heck for the extra money, I'd go with the Legend Cx unit myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

However, you know coming to a low-rider near you (us) it could very well be down our street. I'd thought I'd never see 20+ inch wheels or spinners on a PSD and I am seeing more and more[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] (Icouldalmostpukefrown)</end quote></div>

Ugly friggin things. I can't stand 'em.</end quote></div>

Same here. Nothing like ruining a perfectly good truck "BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FREAKING TASTE!!!!" AARRRGGG

Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Quad Patrol

I feel better now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Quad Patrol

Speaking of SEMA. Fellow former co-worker is headed down there. He's going to try and get a picture of Jessi Combs for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There is just something about that girl[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel