Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Dudes.. Thinking about getting a CDL early next year.. Good idea?

Old 11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Dudes.. Thinking about getting a CDL early next year.. Good idea?</end quote></div>

I LJ,

My brother got his this year. I think he was averaging a new job every 3-4 weeks at first. He hated the routes he was given, he hated dealing with the foreign nationals who wanted the deliveries moved as they saw fit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] other companies paid per load and that was sometimes 35-50 dollars a load and the load took 3-4 hours to pick up and deliver. He now delivers propane[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If you want the real money you need to do OTR driving. Also, once your a commercial driver, you can not go to driving school and even if you get a ticket in your personal vehicle, it counts against you like you were driving your truck.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Forsure if i do this i wont be doing local delivery stuff....Its just not where the money is from what i hear, and can be a huge pita. That and i want to see some more country/people. I think right off the bat ill look for a company where i can do regional and be home every week.. And maybe OTR in the future, but i cant see going from being home all the time and then being gone for 2-3 weeks at a time all teh sudden.. Thats a huge change.
Im thinking though that ill adapt well. As long as i have internet access. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No tickets yet and i dont plan on getting any more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Forsure if i do this i wont be doing local delivery stuff....Its just not where the money is from what i hear, and can be a huge pita. That and i want to see some more country/people. I think right off the bat ill look for a company where i can do regional and be home every week.. And maybe OTR in the future, but i cant see going from being home all the time and then being gone for 2-3 weeks at a time all teh sudden.. Thats a huge change.

Im thinking though that ill adapt well. As long as i have internet access. [img][/img]

No tickets yet and i dont plan on getting any more. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

My bro in law is a owner/operator and things are pretty tight with fuel prices and scab truckers. Pretty hard way of life fer sure

Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

I dunno, It seems liek a good idea right now.. Ill probably change my mind next week though. [img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

Hahha

Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Im thinking though that ill adapt well. As long as i have internet access. [img][/img]

No tickets yet and i dont plan on getting any more. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

DOT foods is a good employer from what I hear. On the road 4-5 days and then home for 2-3. IIRC, they only do AR, CA, OR and WA. and pay is decent. I've known truckers few years back that were owner/operators that made pretty good money, I am sure they didn't keep accurate books though. One paid off his new truck in one season of hauling almonds for an outfit out of Livingston.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Quad Patrol

I dunno, It seems liek a good idea right now.. Ill probably change my mind next week though. [img][/img]

Hahha</end quote></div>

Ever think about law enforcement or nursing? Job security and good benefits[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

pimpin and pro golfers make the bucks also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

pimpin and pro golfers make the bucks also[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

LMAO! Yes it does[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And you seem to make good money too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Quad Patrol

With my recent layoff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I decided to venture into my own business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am calling it RD Custom Fabrication get just approved some advertisement for the vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and business cards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We'll see how it goes. I have applied for a couple public safety jobs (that job security thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) But it takes 4-6 weeks just to hear back for the initial interview and being an old cop, might not pass another physic test[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] already flunked one about 2 years ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel