Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MrDumass

I'am supposed to get together with him over the weekend. I should get alot more info from him, which I will post, to try and get some more helpfull info. [img][/img]

You mean to tell me that this isnt the only site that has that problem? [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Good luck and keep us posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL! Much worse over there and RV.Net has some winners too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

I'am supposed to get together with him over the weekend. I should get alot more info from him, which I will post, to try and get some more helpfull info. [IMG][/IMG]

You mean to tell me that this isnt the only site that has that problem? [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Good luck and keep us posted[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

LOL! Much worse over there and RV.Net has some winners too[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Hey, I haven't posted on rv.net in a while!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Here's my newly acquired 06 F350. Bought it about two months ago. It came with 4x4, crew cab, long bed, dually rear, and the King Ranch package. I hadn't planned on getting one this large, was looking at F250's, but they were making killer deals back in August, and oh, what the hey, I got out on the road in this beauty, rolled back the sunroof, and thought - I have to get this. The interior makes a Lincoln Navigator look cheap. They cut the price on this one to $31k (sticker new was 53), and gave me $11k trade in on my 02 Ranger FX4 with a dent in the cab. Funny thing is - on the road the F350 gets a little better mileage than the Ranger with it's big V6. It got maybe 16, while the F350 is 17-20, depending on speed.

As for the 6.0 - one has to take the internet squabbling with a grain of salt. Some of the 03-04 6.0's had problems. Some had bad injectors, and some didn't get their head bolts torqued properly. More often than not, they hold up pretty good, and any 03 or 04 PS's on the road today have likely been sorted out by now. A lot of the trouble comes when someone puts on a tuner and boosts HP - the stock head bolts aren't up to the job, as they were designed for 325hp, not 450. My stock 06 has 77k miles on it, no problems. Ford said that it had one injector and the EGR valve replaced at 50k miles.

Anyway, here it is. I just love this big monster. Decent MPG, tow rated to 19,000 pounds, and nobody messes with you on the road.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Just so ya'll know, I saw a recall on the 7.3's They said it was something to do with the camshaft sensor circut. Said it could cause the vehicle to shut off. Didnt know if its something that is well known, and thought I would post about it for those that didnt.</end quote></div>

Yea, it's a perpetual problem on some of the 7.3. I had mine go out few months ago. From what I have read and experienced when it goes, it effects every engine differently. I lost power and was able to limp my truck home at 20-25 mph. Did die on me 3-4 times though. A new one costs around $28 bucks an is easy to replace. Just need a 10mm socket with an extension. A lot of owners carry an extra one in the glove box.

Out of curiousity can you post the recall[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Recall info from Ford.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Just sold my F 350 last night. Had it a couple of years and sold it for only 1K less than I bought it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Didn't have to do jack to it in all that time. Sad to see it go but I haven't been using it much at all lately and I have too many other vehicles laying around the house. Neighbors must think it's a car lot here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Hey, I haven't posted on rv.net in a while!</end quote></div>

LOL! Your mild next to some of them over there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Recall info from Ford. </end quote></div>

Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Just sold my F 350 last night. Had it a couple of years and sold it for only 1K less than I bought it.[img][/img] Didn't have to do jack to it in all that time. Sad to see it go but I haven't been using it much at all lately and I have too many other vehicles laying around the house. Neighbors must think it's a car lot here[img][/img]</end quote></div>

That sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Guess this thread need to go to the trash dump seeing the "Creator" no longer owns a PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Quad Patrol

I am sure the neighbors are happy seeing one less vehicle on the street, I mean it was on jacks with a puddle of oil underneath it in the driveway, right?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Quad Patrol

Recall info from Ford. </end quote></div>

I wonder if FORD will reimburse me for the one I already replaced? And of course I am sure they will replace it with the $28 version CPS and not the $180 one that was on it when it went out.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel