Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

LOL i have been tryin to get the guys to step it up on the bowling bets. they tend to be mild 20 bucks max. i always wanna bet 10 bucks a pin and stuff. but they chicken out cuz id tap em for a grand!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

22" wheel cost a grip im sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] they would look sweet. They make the TOYO M/T for 15 or 16 or 17 or 18 or 20 or 22 i think. I have M55s of course but i was thinkin about tryin them other ones out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As for loading up the powerstroke usually with the horses it runs
4500 front
5000 back
10,500 on the trailer

Old 10-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

I could purchase another quad for my kiddies if I didn't buy those 22"

Old 10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Well then Buy the kiddies a quad and get em on the 16" wheels.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

I fear the battle wont be won with words. it will be a much tougher battle than the north and the south.
I am registered permanent absentee BTW but i am hoping they actaully change our system to be an accountable system. I want every year with my social security statement to know what i voted on. Photo ID at the polls and you votes are tracked. then we can track down and kill the liberals that want to ruin whats good about america.
Ok, I was gonna stay out of the political stuff. Yes, I lean to the left, but that comes from being brough up by a very liberal mother (who's going moderate in her age, esp. WRT crime issues but you'd never catch her voting for Bush.)

We do need some accountability in the voting system. Do we need photo ID, I think *might* solve some election frued. But there are always fake ID.

The rest of your post scares the heck out of me. It would be nice to go back to see what your vote was recorded as. However, it MUST be done in a secure manner. There must be know way to automagically look up a voter to see what they voted on. A receipt should be issued that only shows what a voter voted on, but has no identifying marks. It should have a vote serial number. That serial number would be issued and correspond to the ballot. We already receive these where I live (Fresno County, California). Our ballot system is a "Scan Tron" style system. Fill in the bubble type. The ballot is optically scanned into a machine and results are sent via modem after closing to the elections office. Note: ballot boxes will be driven back to elections office next month do to fear of terrorism. So we'll have to wait up to 4 hours now for results. Rather than about 45 minutes we've been used to. Anyways, we tear of a piece of the ballot that actually has the ballot number on it. These ballots I feel are the best so far for the new generation of electronic voting.

Your last season was exactly why votes should not be able to be traced. You'd feel very differently if things changed drastically.

Now, on many of the other electronic voting systems. Supposedly, a printer is too complicated to attach to one of these systems. The funny thing is that one of the major E-voting machines vendors is DieBold. If you aren't familiar with these guys, next time you use an ATM, look at the logo... Well, they have a division that they acquired and they are one of the big ones who don't want printers. Well, hmm, anyone want an ATM that doesn't have the ability to print a receipt? Not gonna fly. They make out E-voting systems to be this mysterious thing. It isn't. It's a front end unit with a database back-end. And Access (or MS Jet) doesn't qualify as a database, at least in this instance as they have no security.

There needs to be an absolute audit trail. With these electronic systems as the vendors want, there is no REAL recount. Counting is done by just seeing what's in the DB. There's nothing in paper. A virus (most of these E-Voting systems run on some version of MS SQLServer on some MS Server Whatever.) would wipe it all out. And most of the front ends are on MS WinCE or whatever it's now known as (Pocket PC is the platform).

The systems need to be completely audited by outside sources. There are only TWO companies that do this right now. Both are extremely secretive. And many of the voting companies end up doing last minute changes without having been recertified. See what happened in Alameda County in the spring primary. The vendor was fined, that's all. I *think* it was Diebold but I'm not positive. To me, they should be barred for a specified time, say 2 years minimum. That will make the vendors wake up.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Ended up wasting another day in Mendota. More fun:

So first thing I do in the morning is get the correct fuses for this transformer. Fired it up and stayed running. Cool.

I try to "bump" the first motor (to check for motor direction) and BAM. Transformer goes quiet. GRRR. My stupid self wired the controls wrong and got a dead short at a Solid State Overload. Fixed my wiring. Put back up fuse in. $9+ for a friggin 6-1/4A fuse.

Ok, so I get all the contactors/starters working. They are clicking and clunking like they should.

Start up the first motor. 40HP. Starts up beautifully and was wired good. (Motor feeds drip tape covers a good 160Acres @ 1200GPM)

Move onto the 15HP. Wholesale house sent us 35A fuses yesterday cause the 30A ones they sent yesterday were too small. It was a 60A disconnect and smallest they make in that size range is 35. Well, 2 were USED and TRIPPED!

So I skip on to the final 3/4HP (Fertilizer injection pump). Had to reverse some wiring which took a minute. I find out the switch is buggered up. Won't turn after the initial bump for checking the rotation. At least it worked manually hitting the contactor. Took it back to the office and it was just the N.O. contactor we ended up with. Have em in stock at the office and changed it.

Set the main pump to run (then adjust the SSO Relay) and let it running. Should have heard the air in that sucker. Air in a pump (cavitation) doesn't sound good. System runs 1500-1800GPM pushing air out of the lines.

Well, I actually find fuses in Mendota for the pump and all is good now. But another entire day wasted.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Wasted day? Heck no. You got to spend another fine day in Mendota[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Isn't that one of the top 10 vacation spots in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Oh Come on now. If every voter had a printed reciept of what he/she voted on and it was registered to their name fraud would be allot harder. I have nothing to hide from anyone. I dont care if everyone knows everything about me. have at it. nothin real interesting. Im just some guy. Im so radical though i think everyone should be microchiped at birth and then no need for ID cards they just scan your chip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but i know that will take time to come to fruition but its on its way. My dogs and horses are chiped. Why not people? Ohh no the government can track you and blah blah blah. big whoop only people that should be concerned abou that are those who do bad things. anyway I know im scary, dont mean to scare ya but its where we are headed and i believe strongly we should be headed that way. its the only way around all this shady bidness.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Air Cooled Rider

No. It's the Cantelope (oh hell with the spelling) Capitol of the world.

It was funny to see a bunch of drip stations that we've done...did that one, that one...oh that's the one with the well on it too. Never doing work for that guy again. Stole like 2 sets of plans (hardware store and pump stations) to have people do work for him based on our plans. We did like 19 stations. Radio remote telemtry and control of station. Could irrigate up to 640 acres (full section, 1 mile by 1 mile) from 1 station (2x75 HP pumps via VFD control.) Those were so sweet.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Air Cooled Rider

"If every voter had a printed reciept of what he/she voted on and it was registered to their name fraud would be allot harder."

After the frued has been committed, it's too late. The person would simply destroy the receipt. It does no good to know afterhand. Especially if it takes month or years to find it. Frued needs to be stopped before it's committed.

There are some people who don't want anyone to know what they voted for. I feel that's their right. (the only Rights that you have are delineated in the US Constitution and the various state constitutions.) As do most people. That's why you have a secret ballot. Otherwise, why not just have people walk in and tell someone what they want to vote for? There may be a controversial ballot proposal that someone wants to vote for, but wouldn't for fear of peer pressure. Voter turn-out would also plummet. And one of the basic tenetts of Democracy is the Will of the Majority, with the Consent of the Minority.

There may come a time when people change and don't want other people to know about what they've done in the past. Maybe they were way left or way right and have either flipped to the opposite, or gone to the middle. If someone had asked me, I'd probably tell them, I voted a particular way. But for just anyone, nope. Never know about nut cases.

In a hypothetical scenario a vote happened for a local, state or national level on ATVs. Banned, limited, something. Doesn't really matter. Now, there are some extreme environmentalist nut jobs. So he goes to his local election officials and asks for everyone who voted against the ban. He tells them he's an ATV supported and wanted to thank them for voting against the ban. Then say there are some other issues the environmentalists didn't like. He does the same thing. Now, he starts putting those in a DB. Then pulls out the common names. The person could then be targeted for whatever. And most likely, these people don't care about laws. Yes, it's a slipery slope. But, it COULD happen.

As it is, many public records have been pulled back.

What I USED to be able to get with a few clicks:

City of Fresno GIS info including sewer and water lines, pumps, etc. (Removed do to terrorism. Like I couldn't just drive around. Find the fenced pump with City of Fresno Water Department Well Number: XXXX.)

County of Fresno: Births and Death records dating back to 1/1/77. Still available are recorded documents (land sales, leins, or any other recorded doc.) which just gives you Doc. number and the parties. You still have to request the actual document seperatly. And regular marriages. Birth and death certs. are still available in person. Removed, I assume because of identity theft issues. IIRC no terrorists have come in under false IDs. That was the media scare de jur about the time they removed them.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:49 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
No. It's the Cantelope (oh hell with the spelling) Capitol of the world.

It was funny to see a bunch of drip stations that we've done...did that one, that one...oh that's the one with the well on it too. Never doing work for that guy again. Stole like 2 sets of plans (hardware store and pump stations) to have people do work for him based on our plans. We did like 19 stations. Radio remote telemtry and control of station. Could irrigate up to 640 acres (full section, 1 mile by 1 mile) from 1 station (2x75 HP pumps via VFD control.) Those were so sweet.
Now, that's an irrigation system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Skinner, you need to come and fix my irrigation system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]it's a constant drip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]can't seem to fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel