Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Got an 06 F350, crew cab, long bed, dually rear. It's a pulling fool, rated to tow 19k pounds. I've hauled a 30ft gooseneck with a load of cattle, no problem. Controls the load very well, and the Tow Command brake system works very well. Bags of torque - figures I was given on the 6.0 was 325hp, and 670 torque. 7.3 was around 250-260hp, but you can boost it up with a tuner pretty easily if you need. It's amazing how much power you can get out of a diesel these days.

It's big and wide, but you get used to it pretty quickly. I traded a Ranger in for this, quite a difference. Funny thing is, it gets a little better mileage - 18-20 on the road depending on speed, whereas the ranger with the 4.0 V6 only got about 16 on the road.

Mine handles like a dream. Rides smooth, steering is tight but not heavy. You should see the King Ranch seats, real leather, not that processed cardboard they palm off as leather seats in most cars. I'd highly recommend any of the super duties - Ford tends to build the best body and chassis. Another nice thing... the other motorists are decidedly polite when I'm on the road - even the dimmest cell phone yakking driver in the most bloated SUV gives this monster a wide berth.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Anyone alive?

Only saw one Sneider truck on the highway last week.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Anyone alive?

Only saw one Sneider truck on the highway last week.</end quote></div>

Yo yo yo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just checkin in also.

Been working my big backside off. Only got to play golf one time while in Oahu all week last week. Total rain forest rain storm for 4 of the holes and the fairways were so damp that every shot resulted in a plugged ball[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I lost more ***** than I have in the past year because they could not be found even though they landed in the middle of the fairway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Haven't seen any wild truckers flyin around Fontana lately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] My brother in law did jack knife his rig last week and it hit a couple of cars. Haven't talked directly with him so I don't know where or why and the weather was pretty bad from what i was told. Hopefully the Mustang maniac will have better luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Anyone alive?

Yo yo yo[img][/img] Just checkin in also.

Been working my big backside off. Only got to play golf one time while in Oahu all week last week. Total rain forest rain storm for 4 of the holes and the fairways were so damp that every shot resulted in a plugged ball[img][/img]

I lost more ***** than I have in the past year because they could not be found even though they landed in the middle of the fairway[img][/img][img][/img]

Haven't seen any wild truckers flyin around Fontana lately[img][/img] My brother in law did jack knife his rig last week and it hit a couple of cars. Haven't talked directly with him so I don't know where or why and the weather was pretty bad from what i was told. Hopefully the Mustang maniac will have better luck![img][/img]</end quote></div>

Are you expecting some sympathy from us for losing your *****? Not gonna happen from me!

I spent the weekend at the Dunes in Pismo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

It wasn't a PSD but F-350 SRW Crew Cabs aren't the best dune machine (mainly because of length) but we still had fun.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone alive?

Yo yo yo[IMG][/IMG] Just checkin in also.

Been working my big backside off. Only got to play golf one time while in Oahu all week last week. Total rain forest rain storm for 4 of the holes and the fairways were so damp that every shot resulted in a plugged ball[IMG][/IMG]

I lost more ***** than I have in the past year because they could not be found even though they landed in the middle of the fairway[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Haven't seen any wild truckers flyin around Fontana lately[IMG][/IMG] My brother in law did jack knife his rig last week and it hit a couple of cars. Haven't talked directly with him so I don't know where or why and the weather was pretty bad from what i was told. Hopefully the Mustang maniac will have better luck![IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Are you expecting some sympathy from us for losing your *****? Not gonna happen from me!

I spent the weekend at the Dunes in Pismo. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif" border="0[/IMG]

It wasn't a PSD but F-350 SRW Crew Cabs aren't the best dune machine (mainly because of length) but we still had fun.</end quote></div>

Your not gonna kick in for a dozen Pro V1's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My son drives his Jeep Cherokee out there on the weekends when he's bored. Not too far from his school. I wouldn't mind going up there to ride but the drive would kill me

Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Quad Patrol

Your not gonna kick in for a dozen Pro V1's[img][/img][img][/img]

My son drives his Jeep Cherokee out there on the weekends when he's bored. Not too far from his school. I wouldn't mind going up there to ride but the drive would kill me</end quote></div>

B&W, he sure is a funny man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ow much does a dozen of ***** cost[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Probably enough to pay for 1/3 of a trip to Pismo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You mean he's not in the dorms studying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Quad Patrol

Speaking of colleges[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] My oldest heads down to Irvine Thursday, going to check out a private university and she'll also be on UC Irvine's campus.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Your not gonna kick in for a dozen Pro V1's[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My son drives his Jeep Cherokee out there on the weekends when he's bored. Not too far from his school. I wouldn't mind going up there to ride but the drive would kill me</end quote></div>

B&W, he sure is a funny man[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] ow much does a dozen of ***** cost[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] Probably enough to pay for 1/3 of a trip to Pismo[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]

You mean he's not in the dorms studying[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

A Dozen is $41.00 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Speaking of colleges[img][/img] My oldest heads down to Irvine Thursday, going to check out a private university and she'll also be on UC Irvine's campus.</end quote></div>

I might be going up there this weekend to check out the campus with my other son. He's also got accepted into Northridge and UCSB so we would stop in there also

Old 02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Quad Patrol

A Dozen is $41.00 [img][/img]</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So for Valentine's Day did you ask for a dozen ***** over a dozen flowers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel