Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

Didn't want to interupt the fun in here but my question got absolutely no play on it's own so I figured I'd join the fun in here and maybe get some serious input on the side.

Sorry if this has been covered a million times, but I'm on a Govt. computer and don't have lots of time to dig up the old threads.

I have a 2001 7.3 PSD Crew Cab 4WD. It's getting near the time to replace the tires and I need some input from those with experience. I bougth it in May with 150K, the tires look like the originals! Probably more like the third set. It currently has 265/75/16 on it and I am looking to go to a 285 if it can be done with no mods. Need something that works well both on pavement and the occasional trip to Glamis and Dumont. Don't really take it deep into the sand but if I were to venture out I need something to keep me afloat.

Prefer something kind of quiet on the highway, will get many miles if maintained properly, not too harsh on the mileage if I go bigger than the 265, and can handle the weight of a 28' TH with a couple of DS650's in it.

The truck is stock with no major mods, just shocks, and plan to keep it that way for longevity purposes.

If you have the inside on where to get some of the recommended tires at a reasonable cost please include that info. My local dealer wants $1K for the Goodyear Silent Guards in the 285. One of only two local dealers so I'm at their mercy here. Ebay has some decent deals for sets of four but when you factor in S&H... I'd like to stay under $600 if at all possible, is it? I can mount and balance on our base for under $20 so I don't mind having them shipped if the total cost if right.

Thanks for you help guys.</end quote></div>

You may have some rubbing on the front with the stock wheels.
My dad is running 295s on his 02 with 9"wide 17" wheels that are offset a bit on no lift and he gets a bit of rubbing at full lock. FWIW
You can see a pic in my peekturs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Heres a cool vid to keep teh PSD spirit alive in here.

Muddy PSD's

Old 12-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Thanks for posting LJ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now I like the look of this PSD!

Nice looking '08 PSD

Old 12-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Im going down to Fontana for 14days school on Jan 19th and if i make it through that I will be hired on and will start 1-3 weeks of OTR paid training with a trainer..After i complete that i will do the CDL testing and recieve my CDL and my own truck. [img][/img]

Only thing left to do in the process now is a drug test.. woopdeedoo. haha</end quote></div>

Cool deal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

How far will you be traveling OTR?

Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Im going down to Fontana for 14days school on Jan 19th and if i make it through that I will be hired on and will start 1-3 weeks of OTR paid training with a trainer..After i complete that i will do the CDL testing and recieve my CDL and my own truck. [IMG][/IMG]

Only thing left to do in the process now is a drug test.. woopdeedoo. haha</end quote></div>

Cool deal[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif" border="0[/IMG]

How far will you be traveling OTR?</end quote></div>

Mostly up and down I-5 through CA,OR, and WA. But ill be doing western regional which means that i could be going anywhere in the 11 western states.
Which is exactly what i wanted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Dudes:

BFT

Hope its not a repost.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Quad Patrol

Merry Christmas all in the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

RD

Old 12-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Merry Christmas all in the PSD[img][/img]

RD</end quote></div>

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sold the PSD, sold the Honda mini van, selling the Burb, and purchased the wifey a new Chrysler Aspen SUV with the Hemi. Gonna tow with that when I need to and I have gotten rid of a couple of vehicles laying around here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Thought I wouldn't spend too much on Christmas but that didn't last too long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

w00t good news. Called my recruiter today. She said im still on for the 19th. Shes only waiting on the MVR to finalize everything. All the medical stuff is good (woot), drug test was good(duh).. So all thats left is to drive my self to teh end of my free life. hahaha
I hope i don't flunk out at school... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

So is everyone still alive after all those storms?

Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

w00t good news. Called my recruiter today. She said im still on for the 19th. Shes only waiting on the MVR to finalize everything. All the medical stuff is good (woot), drug test was good(duh).. So all thats left is to drive my self to teh end of my free life. hahaha

I hope i don't flunk out at school... [img][/img]

So is everyone still alive after all those storms?</end quote></div>

Congrats on getting to this point and good luck on your test[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I hope you can drive that truck better than a couple I have seen near Beautiful Fontana (Gonna be there tomorrow- lucky me) That is truck city and their throwin rocks at my windshield all day long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

The weather in SD has been great. It didn't rain that hard at my house but it was steady for a couple of days

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel