Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

I know you guys don't visit the SZ[IMG][/IMG] SO, I'll let you all know, my oldest daughter, the one in college down in Irvine has been in the ICU unit since last Saturday[IMG][/IMG] She has compressed/fractured discs in her spine, T9-T12[IMG][/IMG] She is in excruciating pain and so far, they haven't been able to help her with any medication. The condition does not warrant surgery[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] Long story short, she has a condition where her body over compensated for an old sports injury to her back/shoulder and the compressed disc are causing the fractures, with one of them leaking fluid which the doctors believe is causing her pain. Tomorrow they are doing a epidural to see if it takes care of the acute pain she is having. I came home for a couple of days to take care of household things and spend some time with my 2 daughters. Going back down tomorrow.

RD</end quote></div>

Man that sucks. I hope she starts getting better. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG] My thoughts are with your family.</end quote></div>

Man, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully she can be transported back home soon. We'll be praying for all of you.

Wasn't she doing Volley Ball too?

Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nedflanders

that sounds like a lot of fun.</end quote></div>

It was fun! I love having beer spilled down my back....and on my head. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

ummm, uh-oh! now there are several things wrong with that.
1)yer a big dude and I wouldn't want to dump beer on ya, unless I had a death wish.
2)In redneck land, beer spillage is a significant party foul and is ranked lower than marrying yer 'kin. The punishment from your peers would outweigh any pain you could inflict!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nedflanders

WOW MD, really sorry to hear your daughter is agonizing like that. what a freak way to get compression fractures. She must be tuff as nails, because I would have thought those bulging discs would have been super painful long before they would have built up enuf force to cause vertabral fractures![img][/img] Quite often a bulging disc will either be removed and they fuse the vertabraes above & below together, OR, they cut away some bone to make room for the expanding disc. I can't believe the doctors didn't catch this way sooner, and that she wasn't in a lot of pain for a long time leading up to this. This is horrible and I hope they find a way to treat her condition because that kind of pain is unbearable. WIsh her all the best from the FBK and we'll say our prayers for her.</end quote></div>

Thanks Confused One[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You would think that the body would of warned her before all this began[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But, she has been a trooper through all of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For this type of condition, the surgery would not be beneficial because it would require such an evasive surgery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Right now the idea is to control the pain with meds and let the body heal it self. We shall see.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Hoss, you ruffled some feathers in the SZ[IMG][/IMG] but that's ok, we call him spooge[IMG][/IMG] and 18 year old democrap[IMG][/IMG] who has no life experience[IMG][/IMG]

"the SZ got called a bunch of losers.I was looking in trailers and toy haulers and found this big thread on ford trucks and someone said the SZ was a bunch of losers. Were not losers are we?"

LMAO!!</end quote></div>

While this assesment of me is a little harsh I must say it's very acurate.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG]

To atleast say something about Power Stroke Diesels I had an uncle with a 2000 F350 crew cab,no dually.Great truck he bought it new in 99' but it got stolen in 05'[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG].They recovered the truck with about 9000 grand worth of crap missing.They got it back in running condition and sold it.He really loved that truck though.</end quote></div>

Stand up and be a man. You haven't defended your position well enough until you've locked the zone. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I know someone who did that[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

LOL!</end quote></div>

More than once.</end quote></div>

Yes it was[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Quad Patrol

I know you guys don't visit the SZ[IMG][/IMG] SO, I'll let you all know, my oldest daughter, the one in college down in Irvine has been in the ICU unit since last Saturday[IMG][/IMG] She has compressed/fractured discs in her spine, T9-T12[IMG][/IMG] She is in excruciating pain and so far, they haven't been able to help her with any medication. The condition does not warrant surgery[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] Long story short, she has a condition where her body over compensated for an old sports injury to her back/shoulder and the compressed disc are causing the fractures, with one of them leaking fluid which the doctors believe is causing her pain. Tomorrow they are doing a epidural to see if it takes care of the acute pain she is having. I came home for a couple of days to take care of household things and spend some time with my 2 daughters. Going back down tomorrow.

RD</end quote></div>

Man that sucks. I hope she starts getting better. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG] My thoughts are with your family.</end quote></div>

Thanks B&RW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Quad Patrol

Back to looking busy. The site sucks at night (about 10-11pm when I try...maybe there's a backup process running) so I can't really post then. I can take 5 minutes to load the front page. And usually get timeouts to any threads or sections.

Maybe it's a sign to go do something else with my life. LOL</end quote></div>

I get issues like that too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Seems like the new owners don't care[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Imagine that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

MD, I hope all is well with your daughter.

Good to hear from you Skinner.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Thanks Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Quad Patrol

MD, I hope all is well with your daughter.

Good to hear from you Skinner.[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sometimes this flippin site works from home, sometimes it doesn't. If I refresh it enough it will work. Not sure WTF is up with that.

Hope everyone is doing well.</end quote></div>

You would think the IT tech for the new owners of the site could figure it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But, seems the problems are falling on deaf ears[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] After refreshing a few times myself, I just give up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Under the circumstances alright[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Quad Patrol

Howdy fellers... Went to NASCAR in Vegas over the weekend. I saved flying debris for all of you. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Was on I-5 going through Southern Ca when they raced in Fontana[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Not that that means a damn thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel