Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: TrasherNo, these guys were playing very slowly. They should have picked up the ball after about 12 strokes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I'm talking it took about ten minutes for them to go far enough down the fairway for us to tee off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I can see why you were frustrated. Anything over 8 and I throw the dang ball as far as I can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

There was a guy on a par 3 that threw the ball up the course. I never have seen that before Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Ok guys and girls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am thinking about getting an aftermarket air filter for the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've done some research and can't make up my mind. Seems everyone talks highly on their filters. Over-all, I like the K&Ns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I even heard that putting on the new 6.0's filtration system is a good choice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Any words of wisdom?? Pros and cons of any you might be running?
Someone did a test based on the ISO standards says the K&Ns let a lot dirt through.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the airbox issues on the 7.3. Check out thedieselstop.
Diesels like a lot of air to make them run. I have the K&N also. I have heard they flow well but don't trap as much of the little stuff. Just hear say so far. Maybe someone has real data to check
Here's the link to the test I talked about: Test. Granted, it is for a 6600 Duramax. But I would assume the filter would perform roughly the same across board no matter which vehicle it's in.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy FBK! I had a great weekend and hope all of you did, too. Oh, PSD food prices in Southern Utah range from $3.15 - $3.30 a gallon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

i drive a 99 f250 with the 7.3 really great truck i have 430000 km on it mostly heavy hauling. It`s been a trouble free truck with regular maintenence. My brother has a 04 with 6.0 and the difference in power is very noticeable and fuel milage near the same empty and the 6.0 is a little harder on fuel under load.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

fire fighter01-
Welcome to the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You say the difference in power in noticeable. The 7.3 pulls harder?

Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Ok guys and girls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am thinking about getting an aftermarket air filter for the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've done some research and can't make up my mind. Seems everyone talks highly on their filters. Over-all, I like the K&Ns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I even heard that putting on the new 6.0's filtration system is a good choice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Any words of wisdom?? Pros and cons of any you might be running?
Someone did a test based on the ISO standards says the K&Ns let a lot dirt through.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the airbox issues on the 7.3. Check out thedieselstop.
Diesels like a lot of air to make them run. I have the K&N also. I have heard they flow well but don't trap as much of the little stuff. Just hear say so far. Maybe someone has real data to check
Here's the link to the test I talked about: Test. Granted, it is for a 6600 Duramax. But I would assume the filter would perform roughly the same across board no matter which vehicle it's in.
Dusting is Baaaaad on the turbo.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Do you want just a filter or a whole system?

Weve got the AFE and are happy with it.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: firefighter01
i drive a 99 f250 with the 7.3 really great truck i have 430000 km on it mostly heavy hauling. It`s been a trouble free truck with regular maintenence. My brother has a 04 with 6.0 and the difference in power is very noticeable and fuel milage near the same empty and the 6.0 is a little harder on fuel under load.
wow! how'd you get so much mileage? must be that LONG bridge!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer

work work work

Old 09-08-2005, 11:44 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I run a K&N FIPK on my F150 if that helps any. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel