Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Creator, that is one nasty picture[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] I almost used my mod button to turn it off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! At least we now know, you can figure out how to post fuggly pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

I dont have a front plate mounted on the danger stang now either and even after getting pulled over in it i still havent gotten busted for NFP.. But, if i do im just going to temp mount it with doublesided foam tape cause theres NO WAY in HAIL im gonna drill holes in that bumper.</end quote></div>

LOL! well then don't[IMG][/IMG] Have a Ford tech do it[IMG][/IMG]

I understand what your saying[IMG][/IMG] I think on smaller cars with fiberglass/plastic front ends its different. I also think the state should come down on the manufacturers[IMG][/IMG] for selling cars that do not meet the state requirements for vehicles being able to bolt on 2 license plates. Of course mine does, I just elect not to run a front plate[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

lol The body shop that did the work on my car didnt even give me the bracket for the liscense plate. So im sure its not cheap. I think if i had to i could mount the plate behind the bumper in the lower opening. May or may not be legal there.

On one of the stang boards a guy used to sell a plate mount that went in the lower opening(i beelive) that was motorized and would retract for normal driving/shows and extend infront of the bumper if you got introuble. Cant find it anymore though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Creator, that is one nasty picture[img][/img] I almost used my mod button to turn it off[img][/img] LOL! At least we now know, you can figure out how to post fuggly pictures[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Hee Hee Hee.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's the only one I had one this computer that was the right size.

I'll get some more posted soon that are the real deal.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I dont have a front plate mounted on the danger stang now either and even after getting pulled over in it i still havent gotten busted for NFP.. But, if i do im just going to temp mount it with doublesided foam tape cause theres NO WAY in HAIL im gonna drill holes in that bumper.</end quote></div>

I understand what your saying[IMG][/IMG] I think on smaller cars with fiberglass/plastic front ends its different. I also think the state should come down on the manufacturers[IMG][/IMG] for selling cars that do not meet the state requirements for vehicles being able to bolt on 2 license plates. Of course mine does, I just elect not to run a front plate[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

lol The body shop that did the work on my car didnt even give me the bracket for the liscense plate. So im sure its not cheap. I think if i had to i could mount the plate behind the bumper in the lower opening. May or may not be legal there.

On one of the stang boards a guy used to sell a plate mount that went in the lower opening(i beelive) that was motorized and would retract for normal driving/shows and extend infront of the bumper if you got introuble. Cant find it anymore though. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I would think having a moving license plate would be illegal as well.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

On one of the stang boards a guy used to sell a plate mount that went in the lower opening(i beelive) that was motorized and would retract for normal driving/shows and extend infront of the bumper if you got introuble. Cant find it anymore though. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I would think having a moving license plate would be illegal as well.</end quote></div>

THere was NOWAY to tell unless you got under the car to look. It was real slick and hidden. Nicest setup ive ever seen.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Quad Patrol

Here's the Section that covers front license platest;

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows:

Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Quad Patrol

Here's some good reading on the front license plate;

free advice

Old 09-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to pay the $51 and still keep it off the car. Just park with your front end close to a wall next time at this Hotel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Quad Patrol

Sounds like a plan to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Except I advertise "No front Plate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) I pull through the parking stalls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And it's hard to miss the front end of my PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I even received a ticket while in court[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] on county property that is only parked in by the deputies! Argh!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a plan to me[img][/img] Except I advertise "No front Plate[img][/img]) I pull through the parking stalls[img][/img] And it's hard to miss the front end of my PSD[img][/img] I even received a ticket while in court[img][/img] [img][/img] on county property that is only parked in by the deputies! Argh!!!!!</end quote></div>

so much for Brotherhood..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel