Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

i'm here and I'm watching. you just haven't had anything useful or witty for me to dignify with a response. In fact, i'm surprised some of your perverted discussions haven't been nuked by the censors. Toyo and Hoss are clearly disturbed and in need of deep psychotherapy, but that Flanders is just a plain old, freaky ****. he really scares me... a lot. Hey Ned,stop drinkin the Springfield Ale made from the power-plant heavy water. yer scary dude. oh, btw, nice chapeau Ned, and the rest of ya.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tell ya.. confused and Ned are startin to scare me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flanders is way scarier.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

you all scare me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LOL

Old 09-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Quad Patrol

Toyo, I agree, atleast he had them in a car seat. Bad part about it is,
1. traveling in a prohibited area on the canal vio. 21116 vc,
2. He placed the children in harms way. Possibly violating 273a P.C. which could go as a misd. or a felony. Say an accident happened[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]the children would be stuck in their respective car seats[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Now, say he rolled the quad into an orchard or field. Weight of the quad on top of them, again, not good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And say the worst, he accidently drives into the canal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] kids strapped in their respective car seats[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Definately not good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Can't tell you how many victims we've pulled out of canals from vehicles accidently going into canals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

These kids wouldn't have a chance

Old 09-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: TrasherPowerstroke 01-I don't know nuthing about ebay. You mean that in a couple of days someone will buy that truck for $35500?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Creator, That truck has a minimum bid or "reserve bid" on it, that hasn't been met yet. So, if no one bets up to what the reserve is, the seller, has the right to cancel the auction. I'm sure the reserve is around $75,000++ on that truck.
Its only $55,000
I was only estimating the value of the reserve[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Couldn't find the sight last night when I posted. Not a bad price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, it's only a extended cab[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Quad Patrol

4kicks, Each county is a little different on how traffic tickets are handled. For the most part, If she has a chance to go to traffic school, I would say do it. So, if the traffic violation is in another county, I believe she is eligible. But, confirm this with whatever firm/class she wants to enroll in. And, I'd make sure she takes the class in the county the citation was issued in.
Now, as far as the radar unit. Each unit is a little different. I would think the unit used would be a lazar unit. With this type, you use it like a gun, point and shoot. It shoots out a lazar beam that returns to the unit, after, it's reflected on the object, it was pointed at. So, if the officer was using this type of unit, and used it correctly, Hard to dispute, what she was shooting it at. Now, if the radar was a "wave" that sent out a "wave" looking for a target. Then, it is possible, that the car tailgating your wife, was the target that the unit detected. Proving this, is another story.

As I read your version, of what your wife told you. It sounds like with the right commissioner, she might get off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Up here, with one of ours, I would say, she'd have a good chance of walking.

As far as the officer not showing, could/could not happen. Doesn't matter if it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 5th continuance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Pays the same[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] no matter what. We receive a subpoena for that date. Therefore, we don't want to "FTA" ourselves. Then we have to answer to the courts and our superiors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] as to why.
In 18 years. I've never FTA'd.

As far as, the officer FTA'ing" and the District Attorney's Office prosecuting? Not going to happen in California. She was cited on a traffic infraction. The issuing officer is the prosecutor. So, if she/he "FTA's" then the citation is dismissed (usually).

Getting a copy of the citation and the officers notes? Sure, you can get a copy of the citation. But, his notes. Not without a subpoena. Officers handle their citations differently, some write enough information on the front, some like me, narrate the information on the back. Others, give no information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Now, If that county is a stickler on once you pick going to trial, you loose your right to traffic school. Then, I would seriously think about going to traffic school so, it doesn't effect my insurance. If, the county is like ours, they don't care what state law says[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] they will give you the out, after being found guilty and let you go to traffic school anyways. SO, you have to weigh what you really want to accomplish. Fight the officer and it's possible you will loose or save some cash in the long run and go to school and pay the fine, but you do, save the points off your license.
As to why you loose your right to traffic school, if you fight your citation? It's suppose to help unclog the court system. Majority of people cited did violate the law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Otherwise, why would we pull them over and issue a citation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img](No reason for replies here)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]It costs money to hear your case, and the fine does not pay for everyone that particpates in "your day in court" I think, if you want to take it to court and you loose, you should pay for court fees and officers fees. The $100 (approx)fine doesn't pay for the system to work properly. And I believe, if you win, the appropriate jurisdiction, should compensate YOU, for your time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Wish You luck. MD

Old 09-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Yeah, cops really suck!!! Isn't that right MD.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
confused;
I know a few that do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 04:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Oh, come on...Confused is a big fat jerk.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I've been a busy boy this week, too. I just got another promotion / more responsibility / no more pay.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This new position is going to put me on a plane a couple of times a month.
No more pay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]That suxs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Time to get a laptop and wireless communications set up to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You can't leave us hanging like last week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]your too valuable to FBK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] cough, cough, cough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 04:52 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
the biggest mistake your wife made was admitting a speed greater than the posted limit. speeding is an "absolute" charge meaning if you admit being 1 MPH over, you've conceded guilt. Skinner is correct about change in date. the first date is made with the officer's schedule in mind, and they often have a whole day of disputed tickets to appear on, that keeps them in court for the day so as to not waste their time. the changed date is more random and you have a better chance of a no-show.

I thought the constitution gave an accused the right to confront their accuser? How can this be circumvented by the DA reading the officer's report/notes? that's hearsay! the DA wasn't there. you could question/request the service records for the radar instrument used to pronounce your alleged guilt. it also has to be checked for accuracy (before every use??).

good thing Toyo wasn't the cop, you're wife might be hanging from a tree in good 'ol frontier justice!
I don't agree on the court dates. Court date(s) are set by the courts. Each department is given a date and time to appear and can't change them. It is conceivable, that everyone cited that day, by that officer will be in court, on the same day. But, we don't pick the date or time. Around here, depending on what court your cited to, your date is 30 days out, taking into account weekends and holidays.

You do have the right to face your accuser. However, in a preliminary hearing, the Prosecutor can have your report read by another officer and then, that officer can testify for you. There are some preliminary things that need to be done to do this. But, around here, it's not a problem. It happens everyday. But, on a infraction, the officer, is the prosecutor, therefore, he does need to be there. D.A. prosecutes, misd. and felonies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] City Attorney or County Counsel, prosecute municiple codes or county ordinances accordingly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On the radar unit, yes, they need to be calibrated. I can only think as a motor officer, she knows this and does this everytime. They are really versed in this. It's their job, they are a motor officer. They live for traffic violations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Toyo, should of been a cop in the 60's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We are a little out of his thinking ways in today's world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

On integrity;

Two people can view the same incident and see two different things occur. As a peace officer, Don't question my(our) integrity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]My(Our) livelyhood depends on it. We would rather "die" then have our integrity questioned!!!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel