Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Or maybe us weight ****'s are getting through to them! lol.

MD, on the topic of fines and what not, what's the fine (and VC) for talking on cell phone? My supervisor just asked me about it. I'm sure I can find the VC looking around, but not sure about the fine. I assume it's a moving violation.

There is no law in effect yet, for talking on the cell phone while driving. They are trying to get one passed specifically for it though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I think it will be a nightmare. Imagine all these idiots pulled over on I-5 and 99, just so they can talk on their cell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]The gawkers are bad as it is. This is one of those laws that they need on the books, like we need a hole in the head. You will also see a law soon, where you can't smoke with young children in your cars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Now, Toyo, to me, that is invading in our privacy. Some laws, I tell you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But, I chose this profession and I'll be,,,,Luckily, there are only 2 laws on the books, that tell me, what I shall do, and that is DUI and Domestic Violence laws. Everything else is officer discretion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Be prepared to edit... Mine is "Ride the Horse, enjoy the Cowgirls brains and leave her breathin hard and all sweaty" from all the arobic exercise we will do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] loved it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, I can only say, you enjoyed 4 years of catching a break[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and I'm glad you and no one was hurt during that span[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I aint sayin i wasnt drunk at the time or anything. But its the whole principle of being pulled over for something i did not do nor is my truck capable of doing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

My whole problem is i drove safer when i was a lil intoxicated. when sober Hang on. They reformed me though. i had 2yrs of 0 tolerance probabtion. no alcohol within 24hours of driving. if i was cought i would get mandatory 6month behind bars and 600 day suspended liscense. CRAP i was not willing to go thru so i said hell with the bottle. I definatly see allotta drunks on the road though and its scary. sometimes if i am feelin like havin fun i play with em and make em nervous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I took the whole thing as a message from the man upstairs tellin me i have had my time to play and now you better grow up cuz that road is a dead end your on. Went thru a rough battle with depression wrote allot of poetry and songs and whatnot and came out a happy man with a direction in life. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I kinda figured that after a google search landed me at the CHP site saying so. I was floored. All these damn cell phone companies trying to sell accessories. Maybe they are just nailing people in Fresno using a generic VC section. I try to limit my usage...especially since I THOUGHT it was the law. And to think the CHP was AGAINST the law. Now they are for it. But from what you said about idiots stopping on the freeways (illegal) or highways (legal I suppose). Maybe they'll build more rest-stops sponsored by the cell phone companies. Welcome to Cingular Safety Rest Stop (or whatever they call them.) Allow them say a 10 year ground lease if they pay for the bathrooms and tables. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now that's an idea.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Quad Patrol

Toyo, I don't know you, other then on the forums. But, by the way you talk, express yourself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I can only think you are a better person[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And just because someone is caught by DUI, doesn't mean, By KNOW MEANS, they are a bad person[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, there is a general "catch all" section for inattentive driver, that's how you catch people putting on make-up, read the morning paper etc. They might be using that section. But, the officer has to show your actions were a "danger" versus a specific section for just yaking in a cell phone. I never have cited someone for that specific section. But, I work for the S/O and unless I work in a contract city, I wouldn't have a use for that specific section. I have other things to focus on. Now, CHP, they are the protector of our states roadways. So, I would expect that from them. I mean, if you saw CHP continually let people break a certain law, and you knew it was their job to enforce that law. Wouldn't you start looking the other way and ignore the law yourself, if CHP showed they really didn't care? Does that make sense?

And I think your onto something there about the reststops. I think you should contact your local legislator and have him put that in the bill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]God knows, the cell companies could afford it.

Old 09-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: rescuediver

And I think your onto something there about the reststops. I think you should contact your local legislator and have him put that in the bill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]God knows, the cell companies could afford it.
You can say that agin. i have had a couple over minute months and been like holy crap. you get a 2-300 dolla phone bill and you about crap yourself then there is my cousin she lives on that cell phone. has a couple hundered dolla bill every month. MORON. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Blah blah [quote]

Hey. Teh quad isnt gonna be done today. soo. I guess im not going to be riding this weekend unless it gets done tomorow.

I might take the jeep up and do some exploring with my dog.. If youd be interested. lol

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel