Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 05:05 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Your CPIC, sounds like our NCIC National Crime Information Center. Probably do the same thing. We have to test every 2 years and sign a form saying we won't use it in an Non-L.E. capacity.

I'm sure sometimes, my wife would say, I act like Hitler, where everything has to be my way or the highway. But, in the real world, it doesn't happen that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
i should clarify the buysell thing. it's LOCAL. there's one for Vanvouver, one for calgary, AB, one for Edmonton etc.., so you phone and go meet the seller, nothing like ebay. it's just that you can review the add over the internet before you phone. It's full name was Buy and Sell Classifieds, so it's the same as the local newspaper.

man, if you can hear that K&N suck over the clatter of a diesel........ you must have bionic hearing.
After your last posts on the matter, I figured it was a local classified ad thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I wish somethings were bionic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]and my hearing isn't one of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

In my opinion the new trucks ('04 F-150) aren't all that quieter. I still have wind noise. Not sure where it's coming from. The rest of our fleet is the '97-'03 body style and they have wind noise, but I always figured it was from the ladder racks. The thing is, we only get the XL (base) trim level (except the Boss (always a std. cab Flareside. has a regular '97, '99 Lightning and '00 4x4) and my Supervisor (Expedition) get XLT). The XLTs might be a bit quieter. The nice thing about the XL is that they come with the black vinyl flooring. Mud, sand, whatever just cleans up really easy. No hours of vacuming trying to get sand out.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Man...you guys chatter on like a bunch of school girls...or in confusedbuyer's case, a naughty school girl. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Man...you guys chatter on like a bunch of school girls...or in confusedbuyer's case, a naughty school girl. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
What do you know about Naughty school girls? We thought you were into sheep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Confused, I backed out of that thread so I wouldn't scare him off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]We can't take Toyo anywhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sorry if that IS the reason why he hasn't come backSOB, SOB[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Now im the confused one? WTF??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Here's a PSD question for you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone have the K&N filter on their truck? If so, pros and cons about it? I know one friend of mine has it on his new F150, he tells me, you can actually hear the extra air it's sucking into the intake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I have the k&n on my mojave and love the difference that kit made to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]but, I would just be doing the air filter on the trck, no re-jetting here, I would think the computer would make that difference up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Any comments?
Gotta have a K&N Cone Filter. Cold air intake. with an outerwear on it. and the Banks monster exhaust and your suckin it in and fartin it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

man, if you can hear that K&N suck over the clatter of a diesel........ you must have bionic hearing.
I can hear it. because its a cone filter not the flat kind in the airbox. Its definatley an audible difference. Turbo is louder aswell

Old 10-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: Whitewater
What do you know about Naughty school girls? We thought you were into sheep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Royalty Rider

I think smokers are the worsed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]Can't stand the smell of it, it closes my sinuses, gives me an instant headache[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The stench is gross to say the least. I hated it when I was in the military and had to pick up all the butts by the lazy azz people walking around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Still hate it today. I fume when I see idiots throwing cigarettes out their windows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Arrgggg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I hate it when someone lights one up right next to you and then blows it towards you...that is just rude and disrespectful. I mean come on there is a reason I dont smoke...

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel