Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 03:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Oh, I got one better MD...pallets (or any wood with nails). I was at the beach this year for a party with a bunch of non-riders. Well the woman who put this thing on (I'll leave her parenting skills unspooken) has been "coming to the beach with my family for years" and her family brings two 30 gal. trash cans full of wood WITH nails to the beach for firewood. I was livid when I seen it. I pulled all the wood with nails out of the pile and put it back in the trash can and pulled it away from the fire. Woke up in the morning with half the trashcan empty sitting next to the firepit. Then laid into her.

People let their kids run around without shoes on. Hell, if I had kids they'd be walking around with riding boots on all day.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-25-2004, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the New York Rangers have bought every expensive hockey player they can. and they haven't made the play-offs for at least 3-4 years, with the highest payroll by a long margin. they keep spending more, and it just doesn't work. hockey is a true team sport where you need chemistry. if you load up on prima-donas, they become a cancer to the team. you need grinders, and guys willing to take a beating for the team, check the other teams stars, etc..

baseball is the exception, because of all team sports, it's pretty much a 1-1 confrontation between the pitcher and batter. you still need decent fielding and guys to hustle to back each other up, but you can have all the prima-donas together and win. it's the most individual team sport, IMHO.

i love seeing the big spenders being unable to buy a winner. i guess if you're a fan of that team, ya gotta appreciate what the owner is doing, but when it's a contest of who's the richest and can spend the most, it really takes something away from the game, and the team & fans that brought the player along and were patient with their growing pains, only to lose him to $$.

Toy hauler is just WAY too expensive to pretty much have sitting there, plus, i still need travel trailer to camp. but if $$ was no object, i'd have it.

we use the Buy and Sell. check it out at www.buysell.com. EVERYTHING gets bought/sold thru there. AND, the adds are FREE (unless you want photo add, or bold type). you can browse by letter (A-Z), and find whatever you're looking for. on-line, you'll be looking at the previous weeks' adds, until Monday, then it's current adds. the new edition comes out on Thursday and you can buy the hard-copy paper, or pay for it to view it on-line. great way to buy and sell items.

ya, it was kinda wierd where i got high centered. i wasn't dug in at all, my tires just weren't touching anything . so when i got off, it was amazingly easy to lift it over to something solid. almost like it floasted a little. still heavy, but not like when you're sucked in. then you can move it for nuthin. had to lift the front and rear over, so i got good and soaked going back and forth, plus the stuff i was walking on was gooey/mushy, sucking my boots off my feet.

i'm sure you clowns [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] didn't scare away gimpster. apparently some other folks have a life, so if they reply to you or try to help ya with a problem, that may be all ya get. I know i've asked a few guys additional questions, or to clarify or elaborate on advice given, and you never hear back. it's like, "I told ya once, if you can't figure it out, you're on your own". hey, at least they try to help in some way. but it's nice when ya get someone willing to hold your hand thru the dumb questions until you've finished the job. i know I always do when i give repair advice. and i give details like the person asking is a dummy like me. heck, i look up specs in my manuals all the time and share the info with folks. I've even faxed wiring diagrams, etc.. anyways, that's me.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Sand can be hard on the tires, just because of all the broken glass[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] idiots break on the beach and throw into the fire pits, in their drunken stupidity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

whadya mean? just the glass returning to it's roots (it's made from sand)![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i thot in the US it's not "drunken stupidity" (that's what we have in Canada), it's from, "strung out crack-binge".

Old 10-25-2004, 03:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Oh yea, that ranks up there too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Couple years ago, we were dealing with idiots camped next to us. They had music blarring into the we hours, yelling, screaming, flames 20 feet plus, etc, etc. Rangers finally kick them out. They were still packing their crap when we woke up. They were going to leave the area with all their garbage still on the ground. Wife and friend went over to actually make them clean their crap up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And they DID...We're always yelling at the kids in camp to wear shoes. It's a lost cause until we need to run them in for some stitches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
But, I know what you saying

Old 10-25-2004, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

TOYO! TOYO! look what you made me do!! my wife calls me "computer nerd" ( when she's not saying "take it easy on me big daddy"), cuz i waste...oops, spend..... so much time yappin with you guys. soooooo....., i had to unmask the bag and change the avatar to the computer nerd. so where's my Bertuzzi (or some other Vancouver Canuck) avatar...with or without the cowboy hat??? hey, maybe one of the Hansen brothers from Slapshot!?

Old 10-25-2004, 03:55 AM
Quad Patrol

Oh we definately have our share of crack-heads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Oh, boy do we[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But, the ever stupid population that think like you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] bottles are made of sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]therefore, when I throw it away in the sand, I'm just giving it back to nature. BRAIN SURGEONS, it don't work that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 04:03 AM
Quad Patrol

You mean to tell me there is life away from these here forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, never heard of buysell.com. Is it just up there in the great white north? Don't know if I would trust something like that, to do all my purchasing.

Why couldn't you use a toy trailer to camp in? Use it to haul all the toys to the campground, unload it, fold the beds/tables into their rightful place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and then, enjoy the trailer like any other trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]What kind of toy trailer are you talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

When your stuck in mud/water, your bike will feel a little lighter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]it's from the adreneline your body is pumping through the veins[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]so, you get it unstuck before anyone has a chance to break out, a camera to get proof of our stupidity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
You mean to tell me there is life away from these here forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
allegedly.

I'm really hurt by the other comment... i can't even quote it. it 'cut' me too deep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] actually, we pack cans for rides/camping. bottles smash too easy. and i'm way too responsible for that crap. we usually leave it cleaner than we found it. we hope that somehow that might preserve our right to use the area. (naive I'm sure. stuff gets closed down cuz of the thoughtless *****, not the MAJORITY of good users).

Old 10-25-2004, 04:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Yesterday and today, we finally had a break in the weather[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]So, I had a chance to work on the trailer, bought some pretty thick stuff to patch the roof of the trailer with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I thought peanut butter was thick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]this stuff you apply with a stick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Still have 3 sides to patch though. They are not leaking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but, why wait. Had to replace the 220 plug that is on the trailer, it developed a short too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]The list goes on and on and on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Thinking about bearing buddies for it too. They have ones that have a "red" indicator on them, when the indicator is all the way in, you need to grease the bearings. That way, you don't over grease them and run the risk of getting grease on your brakes, which is bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel