Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

hey MD, lookin at all the problems you've had with these complex electrical theories, can you program a VCR, or is yours still flashing "12:00". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Quad Patrol

Actually Ned, I'm the moron for getting what he said backwards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]He was correct[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think the bulbs I'm running are 1156/57. Light covers are just fine.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
hey MD, lookin at all the problems you've had with these complex electrical theories, can you program a VCR, or is yours still flashing "12:00". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No, they are all working and have the correct time being displayed. I have some electrical knowledge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I can wire things up. I'm just a little confused on this issue and decided to ask[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I am not above asking for help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]It's all about learning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And, if I don't learn something new everyday, then, that day was wasted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

we must all share our wealth of knowledge, (except for Ned)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
we must all share our wealth of knowledge, (except for Ned)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Seems like Ned is only good at calling people names[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I love google...especially when you can go back a year later and find the same thing. I'm pretty sure this is the page I found before.

The 12volt Side of life (Part 1)
skinner, that's a great link. i was being disturbed while trying to read it, but another thing to be careful of is leaving your batteries connected while trailer is plugged in for long periods. the trailer has built in batt charger, but it doesn't shut off, so batts get overcharged and it starts to run down the liquid levels in each cell.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Quad Patrol

I would like to thank everyone for their imput on my battery set-up delemna[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think I will sell my 12v battery and get two 6v's. Thanks Confused for starting me down that path,. Thanks to Skinner and Hoss for the links, they helped tremendously[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And Toyo for explaining things so that, I absorbed them into my thick skull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Thanks again guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]MD

Old 10-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, that was a great link[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I saved it, I'm going to print it off and throw it in the trailer for future use. I know I'll need it. You started me down the 6v path[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and I think I'm going to use that set-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]The amp hrs really jump from the 12v. the cold crank amps I don't need

Old 10-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher
Seems like Ned is only good at calling people names[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
ya Ned, you self-righteous a$$hole. hey, wait a minute, i thot Ned was our dog we like to kick around and tell to shut up.? and i don't tkink he's called anyone a name, except "neighbor". hey, this is like the episode where Homer defended Ned to the congregation. DOH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MD, you won't regret the 2-6Vs. the pics in the link from skinner are really simple, and perfect. Hoss' link was useless..... unless i couldn't find the stuff about batts, in which case, i must be useless. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] too bad ya gotta sell the deep cycle. (light bulb) trade it in on the 2-6V!! my dad just did that with some golf cart batteries that were new, but wrong for his cart. the store was super fair to him on the trade in. your batt. should be dated, and they can check condition of each cell. you should get half of what you paid, which is probably the most you'd get trying to unload it used.

so 3 friends all recently sold their homes and are upgrading. wife has been wanting to move for ages, but doesn't understand we're poor and the quads are expensive hobby to run. so i think i'll list house, upgrade while interest rates are at all-time lows (to a house with no shop, no land but a shiny new kitchen), be mortgage poor for the rest of my life, sell quads, have kids hate me, watch int. rates sky-rocket, lose house, declare bankruptcy, lose job and have a heart-attack from all the stress. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] all to prove a point! geez, that sounds as passionate as Toyo's smoking rant.! Aaaaarghh! well, i always say: WOMEN! can't live with 'em.... and the penalty for murder is too steep.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Yeah that dam cartoon character is a piece of work. someone needs to get after his producer!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Battery's and power are always fun stuff to play with. speaking of playin with power (not vibrators you sicko's) have any of you guys taken a dill pickle and suspended it Ungrounded in the air and stuck a screw in each end and connected it to an extension cord and observed the results? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel