Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I just logged on for the first time today so I'll throw some garbage out and see what sticks.

Yeah I thought the fine on that guy was pretty cheap. I do think he said he got arrested as well. Talking to a guy I've ridden with who's an Alamdeda Sherrif says the fines are the same no matter how fast, until you go triple digit at which time they give you a "free ride."

I do tend to see what else is around me. Somebody in a flashy vehicle, souped up import, etc. I was behind a guy and we were on the racetrack coming back from Pismo. I was tugging a little 5x8 trailer. He was in a lifted truck of some kind with heavy tints on the window. CHP got a couple cars behind him (turning on 41 off one of the county roads). I seen the back lights light up (but not the light bar) and knew somebody was getting a ticket.

Had a friend who got popped for an infraction (not a fix-it) for having heavy tint on his truck. CHP officer told him he had done that and it wasn't from the factory so he wasn't giving him a fix-it ticket for it. I think it was a couple hundred. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] He had a few ticket written off by a friend for blue neon under the truck and tint.

Well I'll be out riding tomorrow with LJ as he got the 'Lander back on Friday. woohoo. Maybe we'll get some pics at the top of the world and post em. Catcha later.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I just logged on for the first time today so I'll throw some garbage out and see what sticks.

Yeah I thought the fine on that guy was pretty cheap. I do think he said he got arrested as well. Talking to a guy I've ridden with who's an Alamdeda Sherrif says the fines are the same no matter how fast, until you go triple digit at which time they give you a "free ride."

I do tend to see what else is around me. Somebody in a flashy vehicle, souped up import, etc. I was behind a guy and we were on the racetrack coming back from Pismo. I was tugging a little 5x8 trailer. He was in a lifted truck of some kind with heavy tints on the window. CHP got a couple cars behind him (turning on 41 off one of the county roads). I seen the back lights light up (but not the light bar) and knew somebody was getting a ticket.

Had a friend who got popped for an infraction (not a fix-it) for having heavy tint on his truck. CHP officer told him he had done that and it wasn't from the factory so he wasn't giving him a fix-it ticket for it. I think it was a couple hundred. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] He had a few ticket written off by a friend for blue neon under the truck and tint.

Well I'll be out riding tomorrow with LJ as he got the 'Lander back on Friday. woohoo. Maybe we'll get some pics at the top of the world and post em. Catcha later.

Skinner, Looks like everyone is doing something today. There are definately enough people out there that CHP can target besides me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And big trucks from Pismo are a dime a dozen, raised to the sky, over sized tires with no mud flaps, tinted windows, pulling a trailer at mach2[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]tailgating, list goes on. And I didn't even post, about the imports[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
In those fix it tickets, gotta watch out, signing off friends fix-its. Especially, if the system might show it's a continuing problem.

Going to 8,000' tomorrow. Should be nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would need to rejet for a trip that high. Last trip to 5,000' I was pushing the performance on our quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I need to work on our quads and get them ready for Pismo. Also need to weather proof, it for the winter rains[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Have fun and be safe tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I had a great day of riding today.. I got launched over the handle bars a couple times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Bent up my new bumber too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] we dd oh 40 - 45 miles and it was preeeetty tight pinball trail for a good stretch. makes it slow goin.

Confused if it were someone else talkin abouty their partner i might let it go. But its you so.... Ya know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well im gonna either go out and ride more now in the dark of goto bed... good night

Old 09-26-2004, 01:36 AM
Quad Patrol

Toyo, sounded like fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Going over your bars that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Later

Old 09-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]
Originally posted by: rescuediver

Confused, It was a general comment on my part. Every force has a officer that is questionable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]When I did backgrounds, I tried to weed them out. Unfortuanately, some get through. Also, the agencies where you see major problems, I would ask, were they pressured to hire substandard officers due to- various pressures from the community? L.A. has their problems, Miami had problems, Detroit etc. Look at who they hired and can you see where problems might arise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
with our Employment Equity Act, the absolute worse thing you can be is caucasian and male when applying for the police. they want female and visible minorites. we sure do have lots of female cops here.

ya, that 205MPH guy got off easy but i still think there was a flaw in determining his speed. but the big reason he got off light was that his dad is senior cop of some kind..... and there is definitely a fringe benefit to being connected to the police either by being one or immediate family. MD if you get pulled over all you have to do is flash your tin and then it's a warning with a wink. alto you can't be doing something too outrageously stupid either.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

BTW, all our guys in the media spot-light were white-males, but that big screw-up on the child-murderer case was from the evidence of the female officer (she contradicted a senior cop plus the other cops; basically, she had high morals and told the truth).

even freakier on that case, one of the jurors ended up shacking up with the accused after he was aquitted. NOT to be confused with our more famous juror case (Gillian Guess), who was porking the accused murderer/gang member... DURING the trial.

Like ya said in an earlier post MD, almost all (like 99%) the accused are guilty, it's just a matter of proving it within the legal system. so why would this other juror want anything to do with a guy accused of brutally murdering a 4 year old girl, and leaving her body in a suitcase?

Old 09-26-2004, 02:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyerQ]

with our Employment Equity Act, the absolute worse thing you can be is caucasian and male when applying for the police. they want female and visible minorites. we sure do have lots of female cops here.

ya, that 205MPH guy got off easy but i still think there was a flaw in determining his speed. but the big reason he got off light was that his dad is senior cop of some kind..... and there is definitely a fringe benefit to being connected to the police either by being one or immediate family. MD if you get pulled over all you have to do is flash your tin and then it's a warning with a wink. alto you can't be doing something too outrageously stupid either.
Tell me about a WMA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] When I got out of the military, CHP wouldn't even entertain taking a application from a WMA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

As far as the dad helping him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]I don't think so, the fine is written on the citation. So, I can only think, the fine is set by the Local Courts. Just like ours our. But, we don't put down fine amounts. Unless it's a parking cite or ordinance. And, I hardly do that. Bail/fine amounts change to often.
You can try to flash your badge and hope your dept. doesn't find out about it. They frown on things like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Also, I have been cited for speeding, since I've been a deputy. We are not immune. It does happen.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

did u get that ticket AFTER flashing tin? I can't believe fellow officer would be such a stickler. I mean, c'mon, that's one of the few fringe benefits, and i like i said, i can't see your violation being so hardcore to have PO'ed the guy. you guys put up with enough crud, you should get that one little benefit. But then a general duties RCMP once told me, "Oh, he must be a traffic cop. those guys are all a$$holes".

Old 09-26-2004, 02:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Like ya said in an earlier post MD, almost all (like 99%) the accused are guilty, it's just a matter of proving it within the legal system. so why would this other juror want anything to do with a guy accused of brutally murdering a 4 year old girl, and leaving her body in a suitcase?
That I don't know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] other then, there are really sick and stupid people in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I know, we have a local case, where a female was a potential juror on a major case. Turned out, her boyfriend was sharing a cell, with the accused, on the case she was a potential juror on. Needless, to say, she was real stupid and tried to get money, to sit on that panel. Her mouth finally caught up with her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And, she went to jail on her own case.
I just can't answer that question.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

our traffic fines are basically pre-set depending on how much over you are. 10KMH over = $125., 20KMH= $170, 30= $250 (?,can't remember). BUT, a friend is a staff Sgt. in charge of an RCMP detachment. He said his directive to the members is to always give the minimum fine UNLESS the driver's actions were incredibly stupid, or the driver is a total mouth-piece-jerk. His theory is, they're already getting driver penalty points plus the ticket amount, and it's not your $$, so let it go at the minimum. And most cops do that, to make it sound like they're being nice and doing you a big favor. In other words, here's your MINIMUM ticket, it could be more, so shut up and quit whining!

So my last ticket? WOMAN cop. Remote mtn. hwy in the middle of nowhere, 4 lane divided. Because it's middle of nowhere and I'd never seen speed ***** there before, I JUST accelerated to 25KMH (15 mph) over. I stop before she has to pull out from the chain up area where she'd been waiting, and I'm very cordial. realize i'm dead in the water. Don't name drop or try to talk my way outta it. What does the P(ermanently)MS beatch do? Gives me the $175 fine. I was choked. For that, i shoulda been rude and abusive, and kicked her in the crotch so hard, she coulda had a shoelace for a kid!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel