Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Hello all! That "other" thread is beginning to dry up a little since Girlygirl is no longer with us. For those of you who haven't heard this is what happened to her. Poor Girlygirl just didn't know when to stop.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] On a brighter side, I got a new digital camera (my first actually) and posted a pic of my truck (pic #9) and thought this might be an appropriate place to post it.

Confused...I like the avator.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

MD: Yep on the series 6V batteries. Think of it like a flashlight. You know those big black ones you guys carry. Or do you guys use the rechargable ones. Anyways. When you put a battery positive to negative you add the voltage up. So a 4-D cell mag light would have a nominal voltage of 6V (4x1.5v). On the trailers it's the same thing. Except you are running 2x6V to get your 12V.

But in your truck you have parrallel 12V batteries. They are hooked up positive to positive and negative to negative. You spread the 12V across both batteries (you need all the amperage to crank over the motor because of the compression).

I've got a friend who's parents have double 6V batteries on their trailer. And they supposedly last MUCH longer than 12V deep cycle. I've got a link at home that has a lot of good info for batteries in RVs and talks about maintaining them.

kicks: That video was too much. Did that girl get tossed off the site? I pretty much just hang in here, environment and CA thread on where to ride.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Toyo, did you notice that much differences in the performance, when you added your K&N? I have the power chip and exhaust[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just need to free up that restricted oem intake/filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
ohh performance wise it gained a couple MPH goin up the hill to the ranch. its a 3/4 mile 14%+ grade. with the 3.73 gears empty can hit about 60, in my ranger can hit 55 in third w/ 3.55 and in the 96 7.3psd with 4.10 you can do 70 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] gotta love them 4.10 gears they get ya in the meat on the hills.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Toyo, i see photo 2 is you in a younger day........ but photo 3?? that's not you is it? you had enough hair to outfit a Vegas chorus line. what, were you on your way to Woodstock?

HEY!! I got a great idea! quit smoking and save yourself. it really is a filthy, disgusting habit. quit now while you're still young. i don't miss hacking up lung biscuits every morning. and the cost....

hey, saw your dem. candidate........Chris?? she's a Sheila! bring back Slade gordon!
Yes both was me. i was um 20 ish in #3 and like um 22 or 23 in #2 and had a shaved head since december of 99

Old 10-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

do u want something cheaper on the wallet and more reliable?......get a dodge 3500 with the 24 valve cummings...i too love fords. i have loved fords all my life, but now being employeed by dodge for a while and i have gotten the chance to compare the two...dodge is by far better. dodge has more torque, easier to upgrade, and a hell of alot cheaper to buy! but i do love the blue ovals.... but when it comes to a hauler...dodge is where it is!

Old 10-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Them are fightin' words. Dodge is a good truck, but the rear seating sucks!!!!! I can haul all my toys as fast as the corners will let me. I guess it's all personal preference.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

See now why would some guy step into the FBK and wanna trash fords. Sittin on the ranch there are both and the FORD WALKS ALL OVER THE DODGE!!! plus its way more comfortable(the ford) Handles better, looks better, is built tougher and the list goes on and on. Dodges are cheap for a reason and the only thing good they got goin for them is a cummins which coming up isnt even gonna be a cummins inline 6 which has less moving parts. But when dodge added all them elctronics to the Cumstain they screwed it up and they dont last as long. Just like team yellow (CAT) the 3406B mechanical will run forever no probs but them electronic versions are a pain in the assssss. i hate electronics. although i allow it with the ford.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

BlackandRed,
she didn't get tossed but I think the admins at her work caught up with her 800 posts in 2-months.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hope she doesn't have to stand in the unemployement line, it's getting cold out there and I don't think a girlygirl could handle it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

So confucious, Bowling went SHIOTTY I happend to take 2 out of 3 individual points and the rest of the team got at least on of theirs i think we ended up with 10 of 21. sucked but we are still in first place By a comfortable 10 point margin. and we play the second place team next for the quarter. hopefully we can pull a tight game outta them. if we can get 10 and they get 11 we still get first place. everyone else even with a 21 point sweep cant even catch us and basically to loose first place we have to get swept. and that aint happinin!!! as for the honies at the lanes. HOLY crap these 3 young girls i will say 18(even though they was prolly 16 and why i didnt put the mack down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) man they are breeding them good these days. and then this one dudes wife was sittin down the lanes from us with this big ol rock on her finger bendin over all the time wearin no panties. i mean what the hell dude get your wife under control [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I swear the bowling alley is like a ho parade [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

MD, Your wife smokes in the car? she does roll down the winders right? cuz i have smoked in my truck for what 4+years and people get in it and dont even know i smoke in it. truck dont smell like cigs. & I dont neither. all my girlfriends have been non smokers and such cuz i am a hypocryte like that and cant stand girls that smoke (except Pole) and they all tell me all their complaints and then say that dont apply to me? I think i have a natural enzyme that breaks down the smell and gets rid of it or sompin. either that or my Tool is so spectacular nothing else matters. hmmm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would never smoke inside my own house or anyone elses house. I dont smoke anywhere indoors except the bowling alley. they have good ventalation. funny thing im a smoker and dont like the smell of smoke. lol. DUMB *** yeah i know. But then agin i have on average 3 - 5 smokes a day so ya know i aint gettin the overdose.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
BlackandRed,
she didn't get tossed but I think the admins at her work caught up with her 800 posts in 2-months.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hope she doesn't have to stand in the unemployement line, it's getting cold out there and I don't think a girlygirl could handle it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Was this confirmed by her or are you guys just guessing that she got in trouble at work?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel