Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 03:37 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Well, I have to confess, my wife started smoking and it drives me crazy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]I wish I could get her to quit but can't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I tried, but had to give up the fight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Now, she smokes outside, I don't ride in her vehicle unless, I absolutely have too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But, like it's been said, you can still smell it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I learned to live around it, she very seldom smokes around me. I learned it was something I wouldn't divorce her over. Guys I'll live with sinus problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I still hate smokers

Old 10-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Bastards!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] if its gonna be acceptable to trash smokers then i gonna trash Fat people. WTF why is it ok for people in a resturaunt to rag on a smoker for ohh thats bad and yadda yadda, WELL YOU FAT F@CKER your gonna die before me from your obese overeating *** so shut the f@ck up!!! grrr. if people were half as hard on fat disgusting people as they are on smokers maybe america wouldnt be so f@cking FAT. I smoke, and i dont smoke around people who dont smoke. I go somewhere else to induldge in my sickness. so leave me the F@CK alone. If a business chooses to allow smoking thats their choice. So if you sissy non smokin **** cant handle a lil second hand smoke. DONT GO THERE!!! why is it ok to discriminate against those you find intrudiing on you? thats whats wrong with society. Your dollar is what drives businesses descisions. If its financially benificial for a say bowling establishment to allow people to smoke in there so beit. If by allowing smoking their not payin the bills maybe they would dissallow it on their own. NO F@CKING legislation. grrrr *two Middle fingers* F@CK THE WORLD![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Do you feel better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree it should be your choice. This is still America[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Land of the Free and still, Home of the Brave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've never smoked and have lived with smokers all my life. Mom and Dad, along with everyone else in my younger years. Now, my wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] What I hate about them is they feel free to throw their lit cigarettes out moving car windows or anywhere else, they might be at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I hated in the military, where we HAD to pick up the butts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the answer is to try and walk around with a turd in your shorts to even up the odor. altho i think the turd would be less offensive.

i smoked pipe-tobacco cigars for about a year.even non-smokers would comment about how sweet they smell. i've quit for about 5 months. on rare occasions i might have one, but i don't crave or buy them anymore.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Quad Patrol

In Ca. the legislaturers are tossing around assembly bill(s), that would make against the law for Smokers to smoke in their vehicles, with children in the car. Now, I think that is going a little to far. That's one law, I might have a tough time enforcing.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner or anyone else, I'm thinking about putting a second battery on my trailer. I take it, there is a system I can buy, that connects both both batteries together, where they drain and charge in unison.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

MD, just wait till the headliner falls down in the car. Then tell her she has to give up her smokes to pay for the new liner. You know, how healthy can cigs be when they eat the glue out of the headliners. The Boss' daughter used to borrow the old Sonoma to go shopping at Costco for the office (the T-Bird just didn't cut it) and she'd smoke in it. It would take 2 days for the stench to go away. Of course she never emptied the ash tray.

Anyone even THINKS about lighting up in the new truck it's gonna be on. Hell the Sonoma I went so far as to put the cig. lighter in the glove box and left my cell charger in the plug.

I've heard about that legislation. I'm torn. On one hand, the gov. needs to back the heck off. On the other hand, it's for the kids' health. Some parents are kind enough to not hot box their kids in the car. Others aren't. And with the asthma rate what it is around here the kids need all the chance they can get.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Quad Patrol

If that occurs (headliner)then she will be taking it to a upholstery shop on the west side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] of town[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I do the same thing with the lighters in my truck, plug the hole up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I don't even know where the lighter is.
On the law, I think they are going to far with it. To me, that is invading your privacy and they need to back off. What's next, checking your cabinets and refridgerator to make sure you don't have fatty food in the house. Because, like Toyo said, we are obese

Old 10-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Skinner or anyone else, I'm thinking about putting a second battery on my trailer. I take it, there is a system I can buy, that connects both both batteries together, where they drain and charge in unison.
MD, definitely go with 2 6V batteries run in series, you get 30% more use before they're dead, than 2 heavy duty 12V deep cycle batteries. HOW? the plates in the 6v are much heavier. they rate the battery based on how long it will last at 25Amp draw. the 2 6V last 420min. ONE super heavy duty deep cycle 12V lasts 160min.

hook up is simple. you hook one neg. post to the pos. post on the other battery. that will leave you with one pos. and one neg. to hook up to your trailer. you need to have the room for these 2 batteries, but it's the only way to go. AND, add a solar panel to charge, and you're really set.

i can send you pics of my set-up if you want, but that's the way to go.

Old 10-26-2004, 05:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver
MD, definitely go with 2 6V batteries run in series, you get 30% more use before they're dead, than 2 heavy duty 12V deep cycle batteries. HOW? the plates in the 6v are much heavier. they rate the battery based on how long it will last at 25Amp draw. the 2 6V last 420min. ONE super heavy duty deep cycle 12V lasts 160min.

hook up is simple. you hook one neg. post to the pos. post on the other battery. that will leave you with one pos. and one neg. to hook up to your trailer. you need to have the room for these 2 batteries, but it's the only way to go. AND, add a solar panel to charge, and you're really set.

i can send you pics of my set-up if you want, but that's the way to go.
6 volt batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Hhhmmm, I did not know that. I just bought a new 12 volt deep cycle. And of course, I thought of the second battery afterwards.I don't think I've seen a 6 volt battery in years. When you set it up, you go neg to positive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'm totally confused on that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]guess that's why I'm not an electrician[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I do have the room for two batteries up front by the hitch. Need to refrabricate the angle iron that holds the batteries in place though. No biggie on that. And the solar panel is an good idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
If you can post a pic, I'd appreciate it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

MD, check it out.

You might find additional information there.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel