Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Yeah that dam cartoon character is a piece of work. someone needs to get after his producer!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Battery's and power are always fun stuff to play with. speaking of playin with power (not vibrators you sicko's) have any of you guys taken a dill pickle and suspended it Ungrounded in the air and stuck a screw in each end and connected it to an extension cord and observed the results? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
no, i only had something slightly better to do that day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Toyo, where do you come up with some of this stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, I don't recall doing that in my science class. Then again, I don't recall much from those days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Confused.

He called my r.v. mechanic a moron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] when, it was me who got backwards, what he said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
golly gee whiz, i was basing the jokingly offered comment on what you posted. so if an rv dealer gave that advice, he would be a moron. if it was an innocent error by you, i'd never call you a moron since you don't work with that stuff everyday, whereas an rv dealer does, and should know better. also, i think the golf cart batteries (that's what everyone calls the two 6volts run in series) are much better, not about the same or won't make much difference, which is what you said your rv dealer told you. so the combination of those 2 comments made me think the guy didn't know his stuff very well.

anyways, i'm now deeply offended and hurt, sniff, sniff, nobody likes ned and you guys always tell me to shut up....... especially Hoss and Creator...., so i'm just going to leave this thread and disappear into obscurity. what are you going to do when you don't have ned to kick around anymore?? bwaaaahh.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Ned, True I don't work in the area everyday, closes thing in electrical I get to everyday is; turning the ignition key, to my PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]turning on the lights in my house and when the wife lets me, I get to turn her on too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And if you do decide to leave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We'd still have Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Quad Patrol

Well guys, it's time to go look for 6v batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And get this puppy wired up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Chat later, MD

Old 10-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

If we can't kick around Ned then we'll go after CONFUCIOUS!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I wouldn't have high confidence in MD's dealer as well if he was ambivelant about the double 6Vs. I know where I can get (4) 6V batteries...though the boss might be a mighty tweaked when a scissor lift didn't work. LOL. 4x6Vs in series to power those things.

Actually got involved on another forum (toy haulers) about DLs in CA. At least I'm not the only one who noticed the towing limits.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Guys, I thought I'd share this tale with you. Kind of goes on some of the lic. & weight stuff we've discuessed here. It's a RV site and a toy hauler section. A discussion was started on the listed UVW of Attitude Trailers and someone taking their trailer to a scale have having it weigh like 1600# more than what the UVW was listed as. This spawned a thread on CA law and drivers lic. class limitations. Yes, I'm under the same name over there.

On the third page, post number 3 for that page is what can happen. A guy lost EVERYTHING. Wife, house, toys, vacation property ($1.2M civil judgement) and faces manslaughter. I wanted to put it over here so I knew where I'd be able to find it for future reference.

California LAW about GVWR

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Thats like someone towing a triple axle 30+' toy hauler with a chev 2500 suburban with a 350 in it. just not safe

Old 10-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Thats like someone towing a triple axle 30+' toy hauler with a chev 2500 suburban with a 350 in it. just not safe
Hmmmm.... who could that be????

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel