Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

i had to buy 2 policies on my trailer, one for liability, and then one for all-perils if it gets damged, fire, etc..., in which case I'm covered everywhere.

toy ins is just too much cuz claims are too high. in 5-10 years, the premiums would equal a new quad. so just make sure you have a rotty or pitbull tied to it.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
okay, i know i'm gonna infuriate all my good FBK pals with this post, but it's just gotta be pointed out. i watch the sports hi-lights every night.seeing how you got the big erect...

I hear ya now.. SHUT-UP CONFUSED!! whadda you know about our politics?!?!
Man, your a mind reader 'oh confused one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL
you forgot to quote the last part.... i probably know more than your average voter...which is a shame really. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So confucious your tellin me i need to Find me one of them Cadian Badged tractor double setups and get in front of him and dynomite my brakes and get hit? i can get 10 million you say [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] wooooo whoooo sawweeeet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dam canadians thinkin they know about american culture and how our voting works. Sheot!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Trasher: You might want to check with your insurance agent to find out about coverage. I've *heard* that most ins. companies will only cover a trailer up to 14'. Anything over that is your deal. All of our vehicles here at the shop have their own ins. card and are apart of the full policy.

As far as the toys, I don't have coverage but really am thinking about it. Check with State Farm, Progressive and some of the motorcycle specific ins. companies out there. Make sure you tell them you want an OFF ROAD policy. Usually they want to write a road going policy. I got quotes ranging from 600-1200 a year. I pay 1,000/yr for my car so I never got it. My friend said he paid about 70 for a quadzilla and not sure on the 300ex. I think total it was less than 250 a year. Of course that depends on how much coverage you want. AAA will insure them but they have to be used around the house and you have a home owners/renters policy. Kind of hard to justify that when I live in the city. I don't even think the quad would fit throught the gate, let alone the fact I have a gardner.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior I don't even think the quad would fit throught the gate, let alone the fact I have a gardner.
Skinner, why have a gardner, when the quad will do a he!! of a lawn job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just not the manicured type[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, I don't carry insurance on our quads. The price I would pay (over a yr or two)would be what the quads are worth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now, the plus side to the ins. is if, for some reason, one of the quads start a vegetation fire(fancy word for grass fire), then, the ins. will cover the cost to fight it. But, then, I don't fore see that happening, because I have spark arrestors on our bikes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Therefore, the chances are remote, that it (fire) would occur.

Now, on the trailer, as long as it's attached to the truck, it's covered. On the side of my house, it's covered by my homeowners insurance. Outside of that, I'll cover the cost of it. It's old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]but still in great condition[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but, not worth a lot in dollar signs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Skinner, why have a gardner, when the quad will do a he!! of a lawn job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just not the manicured type[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah. Grass + lots of water from washing the quad + sand paddle + riding it off the grass did a job on the lawn. Luckily I was able to get the divits filled back with their chunks.

We rent, so the gardner is included. I like it. I don't have to screw with it. Gives me time to play and what not. And we already have a great price on the house. We chose this house over another house almost 20 years older w/o lawn care. We pay $1200, the other one was $1100. I've got the mower and all the yard gear....just sitting in the garage.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Dam skinner that kinda money will buy you a house and 5 or 10 acres up here

Old 11-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Dam skinner that kinda money will buy you a house and 5 or 10 acres up here
where's "up here"??? in the clouds? a trailer park?? maybe if he moved to Concrete, WA!, but NOWHERE around Seattle.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Clovis is a bit more expensive than Fresno. My friend bought a house in Fresno two or three years ago. It's ohh let me count the streets... right at about 4 miles due south of me. Same school district (very highly regarded throughout the nation), different city though. He paid about 130K. Same house in Clovis he wouldn't have been able to touch for less than double that. Plus he's got a gigantic yard (probably couldn't even get a yard that size in Clovis without popping 300K). And the price, by my guess, has probably doubled in the last 2 years or so. Coworker bought a house to rent to his son as an investment. About the same price, maybe a little lower. Between signing the papers and handover to him, he could have turned a 15K profit. This was down in Reedley, CA. Prices are insane here. People are fleeing the bay area (where prices are insane) and moving here.

Also as a contrast, my uncle and aunt just moved into a rental house about 4 miles from me (other way from my friend). 2BR 2BA, gated comm. (blech, no way in hell would you find me living in one) with gardner for $1100. On top of that we have city utils (garbage, water, recycling, street sweeping (they may not pay that one though) and sewer) runs another 125-150 every two mos. Power bills are maybe 80 at the lowest and on up to 400 in the summer. Though we had a 500 bill last summer ('03). They set the damn elec. baseline over on the coast. You just can't cool a house here with A/C for less than $200.

My cousins house doubled in value from when they bought it. It's in a neighborhood I used to live in. Parents paid 80K+ for a house in '83 there. Cousin bought her house for about 100K like 2 years ago, maybe 3. Houses in the neighborhood are going for 260K now. Subdivision was built in mid 70s.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

my parents are from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. dad's brother moved to Everett, WA in the early 60's. We've been on the wet-coast since '67. property here is crazy (300k MIN for a house in mediocre area, 1MIL+ in nicer hoods). BUT, Moose Jaw is ridiculously cheap. MANY $20,000 homes. 100K is rare.

so, dad's bro (Uncle Bob) is up visiting from Everett. he sees my PSD for the first time and comments, "nice truck", and something about..." I bet it was expensive". I told him I had a tough choice to make... buy the truck, or a block of real-estate in Moose Jaw.... the truck won! they had a good chuckle over that.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel