Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Creater give me credit. You see that lady in slot number 3 on my picture page. I dont say they is good lookin till they get to lookin like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] however the ladies be lookin 24 when i show up and 18 when i leave [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
20cm=8". are you sure they don't look eleven-teen? I mean, we are talkin trailer park girls down at the bowling alley, n'est pas? as for your taste in girls, you may envision the girl in door #3, but i think the reality is what uncle has on the wall in door #2 (LOL). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] now that's a real cougar!!!

Old 12-11-2004, 05:50 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after a last minute trip up to Tracy from Fresno for work (the truck pulled it pretty good...just glad I'm not the one footing the gas bill) pulling our hydraulic trailer with 6 reels of like 200' each of 250 MCM (or kcmil in NEC parlance) plus a variety of other stuff.

I got back to help pull that motor out of the boat. Wasn't that hard getting the intermediate section of the outdrive back throught the hole and the whole thing lifted out. We decided the intermediate section needed to come off the motor. Took it off. Just for sh*ts and giggles they turned the crank on the motor....smooth as a whistle. 3 heads then looked at the intermediate section on the outdrive....DOH! The one bearing in it is completely rusted. So the motor is good. WOOHOO. Now they just need to order the new bearing. Then it's off to a machine shop (the Boss' bro-in-law owns a very large machine shop so I suggested taking it over there to have them press the old one out and press the new one in.)

At least that better than having to go through the time and expense of rebuilding the motor. Just where the heck the brass/copper in the oil came from is a mystery.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider

that reminds me skinner, the Polaris from last week was an '02 700 + an '02 90 Sportsman (for kids), BOTh for $7000 OBO. the other one was asking $5900 but that does seem cheap. maybe it was supposed to be $9500. or it was thrashed. some guy has an '02 Grizz for sale, asking $4000. It's got almost 4000 miles, and 375 hours, and every inch/second looks like it's been really rough. i just don't wanna another big repair project, and all the little unforeseen small stuff kills ya at $50-100 per piece. all my #'s are Canadian.

Old 12-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I forgot to post about the Polaris. The guy bought it. He couldn't find a scratch on the thing anywhere. The guy who bought it hunts out of the state and got it in oh hell...umm upper midwest. Wisconsin or Wyoming or somewhere. The first dealer it was sent to was in UT though. He still had the Cert. of Origin. I'm going to have to get out and ride with him one of these times. He's a great guy. He's umm...damn near pushing 70, works every day and couldn't probably kick my butt. Hell, I KNOW he could. Ex-Marine (Korea). Been in the elec. field since he was .. umm probably in HS. (His dad started one of the big firms around here). He's got a cabin that's snowed in during the winter and I think he wants to be able to get up there.

It's not a PSD but he drives a '97 F-250 super cab short bed 4x4 460 V-8. So that's kind of on topic. LOL. He just needs to register it and get himself a brain bucket. Of course registering a quad from out of state is a PITA in CA. DMV doesn't have a button they push for out of state OHVs. Maybe since he's got the Cert. of Origin they'll just register it as new, but the thing is, it's not quite 6 mos. old. Will be on the 22nd though. CA had this thing about out of state vehicle less than 6 mos. old for residents.

My friend went to UT and bought a LT250R & Blaster with a trailer. Trailer wasn't a big deal (even considering it wasn't tagged in UT). But the LT and Blaster he spent a ton of time at DMV trying to transfer.

Old 12-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

i always find out those answers before i buy so i don't go beserk in the office. being an ex-marine, if he don't get the answers he wants to hear, he could open fire in the DMV.

Old 12-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorOf course registering a quad from out of state is a PITA in CA. DMV doesn't have a button they push for out of state OHVs. Maybe since he's got the Cert. of Origin they'll just register it as new, but the thing is, it's not quite 6 mos. old. Will be on the 22nd though. CA had this thing about out of state vehicle less than 6 mos. old for residents.

My friend went to UT and bought a LT250R & Blaster with a trailer. Trailer wasn't a big deal (even considering it wasn't tagged in UT). But the LT and Blaster he spent a ton of time at DMV trying to transfer.
Skinner, I just went through the DMV thing with my Z400. Here's what I posted in another thread. It wasn't a bad experience[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And I just had friends register their Oregon bought quads in CA. at another DMV office with good friendly results also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Update on my experience of registering an out of state (Missouri) atv in California. I went to DMV to register it. I only had to pay the sales tax (7.325 in my area) on the purchase price. Plus $25, for the 2 year registration. It did not get a "Red Sticker" because it didn't meet the criteria. Eighth digit wasn't a "3" or a "C".

Now, all out of state vehicles need to be visually inspected, so, bring it with you to your appointment. Make sure, the engine and VIN number are visible. They want to see all the manufacturers stickers on the vehicle. So, if you buy from out of state, I'd make sure they have them. If they don't, I think it will be more of a hassle to register it.

Bottom Line, I wouldn't rule out buying another out of state quad. Just make sure of the VIN numbers so, it doesn't get red stickered and it has the manufacturers stickers. Lt. Dan

Also, it's not in the above post. But, they do want to know: When it was brought into Ca. If the new owner doesn't know, then, I believe they use date of purchase(date he bought it) I knew mine was brought in about 8 months prior (from talking to previous owner and IT WASN'T RIDDEN IN CA.) That's very important to them. AND THAT HE (your friend) HAS YET TO RIDE IT IN CALIFORNIA!!! They will have him sign an affidavit on this. No big deal. Sounds like your friend knows it was brought in, about 6 months ago.

Hoped this help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] MD

Old 12-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher

With his good luck she's a widow with lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Well, maybe that's his plan, seeing he's hanging around the alleys every week and the age group sure fits the bill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You guys., sheesh. average age of the ladies in the alley is prolly like 24 or sompin.
That might be true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, where do they shoot up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Around here, the avg age of actual bowlers is atleast 35 plus. Now, there are some decent looking ones sometimes. But, then again, I go bowling once every GREAT once in awhile. So, I might miss the 24 year olds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Quad Patrol

i feel so loved. you guys come up with all sorts of conspiracys of my dissapearance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just trying to cover for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Glad your still able to breathe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No broken ribs?? from all that weight sitting on you for a few days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Working all those hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and not having a computer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] must of sent you through some "forum withdrawals"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] man, your daily average sure did take a hit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Air Cooled Rider

MD, thanks for the info. I checked the VIN and it was cool as far as Green Sticker goes.

No, he didn't ride it to his house from where he bought it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll print that out and give it to him. Could have been the person my friend had to deal with at DMV had never done it before so they were clueless.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, Your welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yea, DMV on a whole isn't the best experience you can have dealing with the gov't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] For me though, the experience hasn't been to bad, atleast the last few times, I've dealt with them.

Doesn't look like we will be going to Pismo after Christmas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Wife and one kid want to hang around the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Probably do a couple day trips, though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel