Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

290 Billion people in one trailer park? Does it have a WalMart? I'm sure they could sell a ton of wife beaters there.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Id rather hike 3 days back in the mountains and camp then camp in a trailer with 290857258724 other people.
Yeah what Skinner said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thats a walmart campground. I actually preffer Riding my horse deep in the Wilderness and campin. you can walk all you want. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But when your goin riding at the dunes you pretty much camp with the yahoos

Old 11-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: powerstroke01Id rather hike 3 days back in the mountains and camp then camp in a trailer with 290857258724 other people.
Yeah what Skinner said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thats a walmart campground. I actually preffer Riding my horse deep in the Wilderness and campin. you can walk all you want. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But when your goin riding at the dunes you pretty much camp with the yahoos
Id take my horse too, but i dont know how hed handle being out for 3 days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Isnt trailer power the Big prong in the middle of the 7 wire plug? Must be. and it dont work on your PSD? then your fuse is out ? or is it hooked up in your trailer plug?
nope, that prong is usually for the back-up lights. some use it as an auxillary and might use it for trailer batt. charge, but there is a different prong asigned to the trailer batt. charger.

Old 11-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay, what do any of ya know about GMC AWD Van starters for the 4.3L engine? replaced mine 17 months ago &12,500 miles. NOW, the starter motor works, but the starter drive gear doesn't engage. I bench tested it and the motor spins but the drive-gear doesn't slide forward to mesh with the flywheel.

does this mean my solenoid is working, as long as i get power to the motor?? In which case, it's the bendix gear? i need to see an exploded diagram of the starter taken apart, and how it works. I'm close. for $15-40 for parts to fix it, sure is a lot cheaper than $200 from jobber for a rebuilt one.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

yeah, that was my backhanded slap at police wages![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Here, the RCMP is a good career. 1st year= $37K, 2nd year, 50k+, 5 years your in the 60's. If you move up to Corporal or Sgt, much better pay. 20 or 25 years to full pension. so lotsa guys retire young, get full pension, then get some cushy security job that pays 60k/year.

your problem would be that you're too male and too white. sorry.

if all your components are in place, that sounds odd. i wonder if your batt charge power is going to a different prong, like the reverse one in the center? or a blown fuse? OR, maybe the whole thing needs to be hooked up with a ground to properly check it.
We have a good retirement too, it's called 3% at 50. So, if I can make it to my 50th birthday, I'll make 87% of my wages (at that time) for my monthly retirement check[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately, the older we get, the harder it is to recover from injury[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

And you are correct about sex and race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

The fuses are good, think I'll have to check if the relays are any good. Plug has been rewired, so, that should not be a problem.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
chech the fuses all of them. what year and ill send a wire dig.
Welcome to the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have the diagram for the wiring harness, so, that's not a problem, just gotta figure out where to go next. Guess, it's a process of elimination.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

What a tight a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You should have bought a 42" Plasma monitor and hang it on the side of the trailer to watch movies by the camp fire.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]................

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But anything above a 20", I think is to heavy for the cheap construction of my trailer wall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
okay, what do any of ya know about GMC AWD Van starters for the 4.3L engine? replaced mine 17 months ago &12,500 miles. NOW, the starter motor works, but the starter drive gear doesn't engage. I bench tested it and the motor spins but the drive-gear doesn't slide forward to mesh with the flywheel.

does this mean my solenoid is working, as long as i get power to the motor?? In which case, it's the bendix gear? i need to see an exploded diagram of the starter taken apart, and how it works. I'm close. for $15-40 for parts to fix it, sure is a lot cheaper than $200 from jobber for a rebuilt one.
The job of the solenoid is to pull that bendix gear out towards the flywheel. If that is not happening, I would look at the solenoid first plus they are cheap. Starters aren't that much for the 4.3. I have had 3 Astro vans in my life but only one starter replacement in the bunch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Throw that mini van in the junkyard where it belongs and get the wife a H1 Hummer or a real soccer mom rig like an Excursion? PSD 4x4 Im brain dead this mornin from checkin out all them hotties [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] wooo ha.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel