Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Creator, You are so right, it is hard roughing it under the stars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]So hard, I took the 15" back and traded it in on a 20"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Ssssoooooo much nicer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
In reality, the t.v. will carry double duty, when we're not using the trailer, it goes in the master bedroom[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And while camping, it keeps the kids occupied at night watching movies, so, the misses and I can enjoy the stars by ourselves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
i was just trying to get a rise outta ya and you took the bait like a fat kid on a smartie (do you guys have Smarties down there??). i was being totally tongue-in-cheek, but now that you admit it actually happens.... I'm shocked![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
No rise here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] At least, not the kind you were trying for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

At one time it did happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, that was a long, long, time ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] How do you think us u/c guys got our pimp mobiles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Smarties, the little sugar loaded, multi color, round candies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the kids got a ton of them while trick or treating.

Old 11-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, chocolate in the middle. so how are the new batts?? got er all hooked up? and did ya get the hot lead workin on the PSD plug? I'm certain you just need to add those relays in the fuse box, and maybe a fuse aswell. It is all pre-wired.

geez, i take the heat over a couple of quads i bought and sold, but you sound like the one with the bottomless bag of cash, gettin all the new toys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. i've heard nursing pays extremely well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 11-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
yeah, chocolate in the middle. so how are the new batts?? got er all hooked up? and did ya get the hot lead workin on the PSD plug? I'm certain you just need to add those relays in the fuse box, and maybe a fuse aswell. It is all pre-wired.

geez, i take the heat over a couple of quads i bought and sold, but you sound like the one with the bottomless bag of cash, gettin all the new toys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. i've heard nursing pays extremely well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .
They work good so far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] haven't had the trailer out to give them a real work out. Leaving for Pismo on the 20th for 8 days of camping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] With a couple of days at home in between[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I have the relays and fuses already on the truck, but no power to the plug[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to trouble shoot it a little more. I was told that the ignition key needed to be in the "on" position. So, of course I checked that and they still don't work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I knew it couldn't be that easy.

Yea, nurses pay pretty good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For we all know, cops don't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: rescuediver
[i]
They work good so far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] haven't had the trailer out to give them a real work out. Leaving for Pismo on the 20th for 8 days of camping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] With a couple of days at home in between[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I have the relays and fuses already on the truck, but no power to the plug[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to trouble shoot it a little more. I was told that the ignition key needed to be in the "on" position. So, of course I checked that and they still don't work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I knew it couldn't be that easy.

Yea, nurses pay pretty good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For we all know, cops don't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
yeah, that was my backhanded slap at police wages![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Here, the RCMP is a good career. 1st year= $37K, 2nd year, 50k+, 5 years your in the 60's. If you move up to Corporal or Sgt, much better pay. 20 or 25 years to full pension. so lotsa guys retire young, get full pension, then get some cushy security job that pays 60k/year.

your problem would be that you're too male and too white. sorry.

if all your components are in place, that sounds odd. i wonder if your batt charge power is going to a different prong, like the reverse one in the center? or a blown fuse? OR, maybe the whole thing needs to be hooked up with a ground to properly check it.

Old 11-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

chech the fuses all of them. what year and ill send a wire dig.

Old 11-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Creator, You are so right, it is hard roughing it under the stars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]So hard, I took the 15" back and traded it in on a 20"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Ssssoooooo much nicer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
In reality, the t.v. will carry double duty, when we're not using the trailer, it goes in the master bedroom[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And while camping, it keeps the kids occupied at night watching movies, so, the misses and I can enjoy the stars by ourselves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
What a tight a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You should have bought a 42" Plasma monitor and hang it on the side of the trailer to watch movies by the camp fire.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Camping just ain't what it used to be................

Old 11-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Trasher

Camping just ain't what it used to be................
ain't it the truth! as kids we were in tents, no air mattress. when i was young, we borrowed a PU and camper to travel to Saskatchewan (1000 miles). it was reg cab Ford, 5 of us. Mom and Dad in the cab, my 2 bros and I with our faces glued to the front window of the camper. none of us owned dirtbikes or quads. 5 in a camper...yikes. otherwise, we packed the station wagon with tents and camping gear

NOW, our spoiled kids watch TV/videos, ride their quads or dirtbikes all day,stay in a luxury trailer, ride in a crewcab, etc...., just so I can try to keep them interested in something other than video games, crime and crack. I think we should sell it all and yearn for a simpler time. I WISH! I could spend less time wrenching and maintaining. and kids could use a lesson in hard work and earning your keep.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Id rather hike 3 days back in the mountains and camp then camp in a trailer with 290857258724 other people.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Isnt trailer power the Big prong in the middle of the 7 wire plug? Must be. and it dont work on your PSD? then your fuse is out ? or is it hooked up in your trailer plug?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel