Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 05:27 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

You know Confused, they do have shots that clear up the leaks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That's a lot of seals within 55,000 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I have 78,000 miles on my truck and no problems. I do have a SRW and 3.73 gearing. Don't know if your onto something there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
okay, so this is a PSD thread, n'est pas? well, I replaced my rear pinion seal today, easy to get the drive shaft off. but the pinion nut...OMG, that sucker was on tight. tried my impact gun.... nope. tried 18" breaker bar with cheater bar on it....nope. hit it with penetrating fluid a few times. Finally, i changed my compressor from 1/4" line to 3/8" line, used a pipe wrench on the knuckle, and then hit it with the impact gun again and it came off. and i had to go buy a 1-7/8" socket for the nut. that stuff only comes in 3/4" drive.

this will be my third seal in 55,000 miles (factory one, 1 replacement, and this one). Ford did the last one. I'm also replacing the yoke in case there's a burr or groove on it (almost the same price as a speedy sleeve). Have any of you guys had problems with your rear diff leaking? I got 4:10 gears and dually; i don't know if that makes any diff at all.
you might have a couple of other issues with the diff IF the yoke does not have a groove in it. Maybe a worn pinion bearing or driveshaft that is out of balance/worn u joints. Three seals in 55K is not normal for any rear diff.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher Three seals in 55K is not normal for any rear diff.
Creator, is there anything about Confused, that "IS" normal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Other then his love for atvs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher
El Rescuediver,

I think I'm going to install a DLP projector with 91" screen in my game room[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It not as clear a picture like the Plasma TV's are but it looks like your at a movie theater[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] You mount the screen on the ceiling next to the wall and pull it down when you need it. The projector mounts on the ceiling about 18-20' away. Pretty pimp set up.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You need to do this on the side of the trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Creator that is a hot set-up to have[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]instead of a pull down screen, I could just use the awning top[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Watch movies while frolicking in the sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Yea, Baby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I finally set up the overhead projector today. Got to special order a screen and some extra long component video cables. This puppy is the fasnizzle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] 106" screen. It's like being at the movies! The whole friggin wall is a screen. Can't wait to finish this project[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher Three seals in 55K is not normal for any rear diff.
Creator, is there anything about Confused, that "IS" normal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Other then his love for atvs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
What the heck do you expect from a Canuck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Quad Patrol

What the heck do you expect from a Canuck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][/quote]

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Quad Patrol

I finally set up the overhead projector today. Got to special order a screen and some extra long component video cables. This puppy is the fasnizzle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] 106" screen. It's like being at the movies! The whole friggin wall is a screen. Can't wait to finish this project[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sounds great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can't imagine what you will be paying for high quality wires to run that thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Actually, I can, but wouldn't be able to afford them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
How far back will you be sitting from that wall? I don't have a big enough room in my house to run that thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can't imagine what you will be paying for high quality wires to run that thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Actually, I can, but wouldn't be able to afford them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
How far back will you be sitting from that wall? I don't have a big enough room in my house to run that thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
The wires are about $350.00[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] That's way toooo much for three cables but I haven't found them cheaper

We are sitting about 18-20 feet back so it's like you are at the show. Maybe I can charge about $10 every time I fire this thing up to get some money back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

last year I had a game room built on the back of the house. It's got a nice pool table, poker table, darts, surround sound, and now a pimp movie set up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Quad Patrol

The wires are about $350.00[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] That's way toooo much for three cables but I haven't found them cheaper

We are sitting about 18-20 feet back so it's like you are at the show. Maybe I can charge about $10 every time I fire this thing up to get some money back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

last year I had a game room built on the back of the house. It's got a nice pool table, poker table, darts, surround sound, and now a pimp movie set up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
That is rediculous[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]But what do you do, with a system like that, wires can make all the difference with the way it sounds and looks. $10 a head, does that include condiments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]and only if you have diet pepsi[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Game room sounds great.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the heck do you expect from a Canuck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][/quote]

weLL i see the spirits from CA (also known as dumb and dumber [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) are trying to pick on the poor lil 'ol Canadian again. i should know better than to expect any respect from anyone on this trash-talkin thread.

so we finally pounded the yoke off the splined pinion shaft. And i thought the nut was hard to remove. putting the seal in was really tricky too, cuz it's such a flimsy metal backing that's easy to damage. there was a slight groove worn around the old yoke. also, the seepage was very obvious at the bottom of the seal so i don't think it would have been the other things you suggested.

creator your new set-up sounds great. hope it doesn't keep you off the quad.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel