Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

it only snows maybe 1-2 times a year in Vancouver, and it doesn't last more than a week. rain always washes it away. BUT...... go north or to the interior and it can just blow you away, especially at elevation. the logging roads get way smoother cuz all the washboard and potholes get filled with nice compact snow, and it smooths them out. i was talking to my wife's cousin last night (he lives up north and drives logging truck and skidder). he says sometimes overnight they'd get 30-40 inches. i told him he meant centimeters, and he said, NO, INCHES. he'd have to use skidder to pull truck, because it was over the top of the hood of the PU.

but hey, i thot AZ was a HOT, arid desert?? so snow there is probably even more remarkable.

Old 11-26-2004, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

oh, and to get back on topic... it always blows me away when i'm up north to see so many PSDs, Cummins, Duramaxs relative to the # of people and other vehicles. they are like every 5th vehicle. and saw lotsa guys with sleds, and lotsa guys with quads on decks like mine. depending where you are, you can do both right now, but soon snow will be too deep (for quads, duh!).

Old 11-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the high deserts in So Cal can get pretty dang cold this time of the year. A friend near Palms Springs got snow last week as well.

I seen a guy today with a sled on a bed over deck on a 4x4. I don't know...I wouldn't be riding it up to load it! Though it was a nice setup...it had a protect rack thing that went across the back window to keep from putting a ski through it. And I've never seen so many dirt bikes in the back of trucks as I did today. Holy cow. This is the big weekend for people to head out to Pismo. Seen at least one person was going there (had a paddle on an MC). Not sure about the rest.

I think we are do for rain this weekend so I may be staying home. I don't have chains and no 4x4. And the snow level is supposed to come down as well.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Im a decent shot. my best round was 86 outta 100 but there are some tough shots out there. I think we are gonna go this sunday probably. since ya reminded me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Its a great time. Plus there are lots of hot chicks shootin guns.
oh yeah? well take off all the Kerry faces you got painted on them skeats, then I'll bet you go 43 outta 100. can you throw a bowling ball that well?

the world champion female gunslinger is a HOTTIE from where ya bought yer hounds here in Canada. she's only 17-18. she's just startin to smash the records of the other lady who held most of them. it's like western shootin with a revolver. big-time competition. i think it's like yer sexlife; all about doing it the quickest! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hey skinner, I've been to Yucca Valley and they claim to get snow... but much like here, it never really lasts long or happens that frequently does it? it's more of an exception than a rule. jeez, that sounds a lot like Hoss' sexlife!!! okay, it's really mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

lol

Old 11-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

We get snow here about once every 30 years (that sticks). We've gotten it a little bit 2 times that I remember, but it didn't even stick on the ground. Last time was the first day on my current job...darn near 6 years ago. And since the last time it really stuck my mom was in high school, I think we are about due for a nice snow job....err...snow storm.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-28-2004, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

when we get our annual week of snow, it is chaos. we have many new drivers from Asian countries that have never seen snow. hell, just put a windshield in front of their eyes and they're blinded!! we have many ill-equipped losers with bald racing slicks for tread, no weight in the trunk of their '76 Camaros. it's entertaining to sit back and watch these people cause total grid-lock, or to play bumper-cars and then feign disability for the rest of their scam-artist lives.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy FBK! It's 20 outside, snowy, 40 mph winds (feels like 0). I just spent 5 hrs today driving 230 miles in a blizzard with total gridlock, and about 30 cars and trucks off the road.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] A couple vehicles were wrong side up (hope nobody was killed). Oh, and when I got home to plow, my 500 had a dead battery.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Oh well, it looks like the wind is doing a fine job of clearing my driveway.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope everyone (except Confused) had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. So confused, did you get all giddy to see all of those burley men at the logging camp?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

How's the driving Mr.Tommy?

Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

hoss, if ya covered 230M in 5h you averaged 46MPH, probably faster on Hwy. you must be a real lead-footed hot-head maniac, cuz in the bad snowstorms I've been in, you don't wanna go more than 40... MAYBE 50 mph. probably less. and that's really pushing it. you were toy-less this weekend huh?

the logging camp was interesting, a lot like a prison. i was in and out same day.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Confused they dont have the same kinda snow. I think ya get better traction in snow out there than pavement. Stuff like glue most the time. Its not the nw crap that i still drive like a maniac in. My truck dont steer unless your slidin in 4wd with it floor boarded and roostin people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I love flyin down the road and hittin a big ol pile of slush and plasterin pedestrians. man thats sooooo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] when i used to go snowboarding everyday I would climb the pass in blizzard conditions at 80-90mph (lil front wheel drive cars with studded tires) but commin down the hill its a slow go cuz ya cant stop

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel