Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I think I'm home this weekend. Going to Miami if I go anywhere. LJ is on vacation this weekend with his family so not sure if I can find anyone to go. Most of my riding buddies just don't seem to be riding hardly anymore. Wimps. Have to check the forecast and see if I can roust anyone up to go play.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: mstrquad

i'd like to see that if you get pic. how well did it work .
The Scrap Gaurdrail works great the stuff is bullet proff on a quad.The only thing that was a downfall when i fabbed it was i made i go down to low so if i took a big jump and bottomed out my suspension i would hit it too. but it stick out in the front far enough and is at enough of an angle that you could just slam into big logs and the log would hit below the center of the front tires and you wouldnt get hung under the logs. was a great trail busting biumper. i just had heat issues with the aircooled warrior.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
OK, got to work and got the gist. There's good and bad. Trailer wasn't registered (truck is good through the 28th), since '02 (well reg. good through '02). Nothing in the file that DMV sent us renewel so it slipped through. Boss is upset because of the 10K limit on Class C.

Nobody said anything about it being towed when I got in this morning, so I assume maybe we got it towed back. Though it could have been towed under 22651(o)(1) [registration] or 22651(p) [license if he was cited for 12500[IIRC (d) is applicable]]. I'm presuming CHP is mailing the ticket for the trailer not being registered.
You are correct on 12500 (d) vc. I would think CHP, would of issued a citation on site. But, hey one never really knows, wasn't there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And, that stinks about the registration slipping through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Quad Patrol

I think I'm home this weekend. Going to Miami if I go anywhere. LJ is on vacation this weekend with his family so not sure if I can find anyone to go. Most of my riding buddies just don't seem to be riding hardly anymore. Wimps. Have to check the forecast and see if I can roust anyone up to go play.
My daughter promptly reminded me this morning, that she has a church function Sat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now, I'll have to see how things work out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy. i just had heat issues with the aircooled warrior.

Festus, couldn't you have just cut some holes in the plate, to allow air flow to the engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Or, would that compromise the strength/integrity of that particular set-up?

Old 02-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Festus, couldn't you have just cut some holes in the plate, to allow air flow to the engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Or, would that compromise the strength/integrity of that particular set-up?
I could probably slot it. if i was gonna put it back on i would. but i dont do much brush bustin anymore. i stick to the Cat Cut Trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or roads or mountain trails. It used to be ride em everywhere and try and see if you can get stuck and what you can go up. Now i know what i can go up, whats a maybe, and whats a HELL NO its gonna cost to much if i try that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I get to go play at DMV this afternoon. Reg. is only going to be $20 I guess. <shrug> They had the address completely screwy. They abbreviated the street we are on as GRV. Gee whiz, no wonder the USPS probably didn't deliver it. Or their system couldn't figure out a ZIP+4 or something.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Skinner and mstr, are you riding this weekend? Thinking of Carnegie for a few hours Sat. Took off paddle tires today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and put on dirt tires.
snow ride up by the poker run area

Old 02-24-2005, 03:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboyI could probably slot it. if i was gonna put it back on i would. but i dont do much brush bustin anymore. i stick to the Cat Cut Trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or roads or mountain trails. It used to be ride em everywhere and try and see if you can get stuck and what you can go up. Now i know what i can go up, whats a maybe, and whats a HELL NO its gonna cost to much if i try that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
HHMMMMMM, not to long ago, you were ***** to the walls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] to conquer what's a head of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Now, you have a "HELL NO its gonna cost to much if i try that" Shesh, I would of never guessed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 03:05 AM
Quad Patrol

I get to go play at DMV this afternoon.
If your going this late in the afternoon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you plan on bringing a sleeping bag[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]to be first in line tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel