Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
MD that many? That's the population of Clovis. Seems the farther north you get the smaller the counties are.
The county probably covers 1500 sq miles. Merced is the biggest city, so I estimate 80,00 for the entire county. And you are correct, the bigger counties are down south.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

Man 'oh man.. Gettin old already? Ya got to be listening to that "rap cr@p" to keep young.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I played two hours of full court Bball and I'm dying today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
LOL, you might be onto something there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I 've had 3 surgeries in the last 4 years. Get worse everytime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I have started listening to rock again. Hoping to jump back to the late 80's. Those were rocking years for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Went ridin for two days last week. Finally had a little break in the weather. The desert was great. No dust or crowds due to all the rain.
We rode over 65 miles on the first day with my little guy on his E-Ton 90. Slow going but he's was hangin with us as best as he could. He hit all the trails, hills, and dunes we did. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We were jumping a small dune and taking some pics and I turn around to see him spinning donuts. Laughed my butt off seeing that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
I hear you, were luckedout at Pismo for 2 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Your little hung in there good to ride for 65 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did you have to refuel or did you make it on one tank? Now, you need to post those pictures for us to see[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver

LOL, you forgot carwash towel waggers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Never keep loose change in your ashtray[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] it will be gone when you ger your keys back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] *******[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
LOL, ya, I'd have added that occupation, except it doesn't exist on the wet-coast/rain forest. It'd be kinda like having a refrigeration business in Alaska, or a Coca-Cola store in Utah....... not very profitable businesses. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
who toll you aftermarket clutch slip? i put a barrnet clutch in one of my warriors. no slip at all i did not change the basket just the springs. check the steal plates for where of none just put it in and ride. mine is still going after 6 years the first one went 8 years.
mstrquad and Creator, that's what I've read from quite a few people, while on my quest for information. I guess, it could be associated with oils that they are using[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] So, I've come to the conclusion that stock plates, with stiffer springs and a aftermarket basket to help increase oil flow.

I can only think that the previous owner was hard on the clutch, while he rode trails in Missouri. I've only had the quad out for a week at Pismo and this trip. Which the wife was riding it, when the clutch went out. I checked the cable and adjustments, all is good. I plan on buying a book on the quad (z400) on it, so I can start to tear it apart and figure out what's going on.

mstr, BlackandRedWarrior, mentioned you were knowledgable about clutches, so I am open to anything you can throw my way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver

LOL, you forgot carwash towel waggers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Never keep loose change in your ashtray[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] it will be gone when you ger your keys back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] *******[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
LOL, ya, I'd have added that occupation, except it doesn't exist on the wet-coast/rain forest. It'd be kinda like having a refrigeration business in Alaska, or a Coca-Cola store in Utah....... not very profitable businesses. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think it's the first place they run when the PO tell them to find a job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And Utah is a dry state for Coca-Cola, I bet Hoss has a machine in his office[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]at least at the plant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, I've heard he's a closet caffiene-head.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

hey Whitewater, you grew up in Huntington? and what is this all about?newLT, sorry to hear you're close To Hoss' backyard. It's not your fault, ya can't pick your neighbors. I sure hope you don't end up attracted to sheep like him.
and i know that the f350s are solid axles and that they ride rougher, but his is worse than any i've ever been in. its not too much worse than the others but it is bad.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

LTkid, first of all we are known as Ford Beta Kappa. A made up fraternity based on Whitewater's wild beer swilling and womanizing days at college (and they say Mormons don't have any fun). Word got around about him and none of the girls would go out with him (or rather their fathers probably locked em in the basements) so he had to resort to sheep for his umm...outlet. Evidentally one poor sucker didn't lock his daughter up and Hoss got a hold of her (and what a fine catch she is) and has since sired a few offspring. One who likes to dye his hair green and urinate on other kids and in the vents of the family home. He probably got that from his dad. (I might be slightly off on the story, but you're welcome to read the 170 pages of BS to find out how correct I am.)

At some point Creator (everyone knows him as Trasher) had a question about 7.3L PSDs. Well...that topic ended and this has become a place for all of us to BS about all kinds of stuff. We all have nicknames which with the exception of Creator and Toyo seem to all come from TV shows. I'm Skinner (from the Simpsons), rescue is Marshal Dillon (Gunsmoke, Bonanza, one of those), Whitewater is Hoss (again, another western TV.) I think there's even Festus (is that Tommy?). And of course Little Joe (powerstroke01) as he's the youngin of the crowd (19-20 something like that.)

It's a place to hang out, talk smack, have a nice adult conversation without resorting to name calling (well, not mean name calling, though I'm not fond of Skinner). You're welcome to join us, though you'll be given a name.

Well hate to cut it short...gotta stop by and pick up an ATV jack from a buddy to finally get the tires off the quad and have the new shoes put on.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

the warrior i have. i put in the fiber disk and the race springs in it . i think there to hard and make shoure your cable is not the problem. if the cable need to be replace do it before doing the clutch it might be the problem. as for the outher bikes still have the stock clutch. i think were talking about the z400 if so i have a freind that has one that is pump up. i'll ask him what he did to his clutch.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel