Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Isn't it great when the spoiled owners threaten to leave town, unless the cities build them a state of the art stadium. Local town just lost the Oakland A's, Double AA team to a near-by city. That city built a new stadium. What sucks is, the minor league team won their division's championship and the new park will be flying the banner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the community supported that team and the games were nearly, always sold out. That suxs. So, now, that town just signed a new contract for a minor league team from the Colorado Rockies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]that will be named later. The Maloof brothers also tried that crap in Sacramento with the Kings and lost on the special ballot. Now, we will see what their plans are for that team. Maybe Las Vegas, seeing that's their hang out town.

Old 10-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, like one of your other post's read in another thread, by the time your done with this Honda, you will be an expert in it too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we went for a ride yesterday. it was sunny in the AM, overcast when we were loading for an hour or so, then started to sprinkle as we left. we drove an hour to find a decent riding area. and then did it rain! cold, super muddy (which was fun). then driving winds, hail, lightning, thunder. after 1 1/2-2 hours, we were done. at the end i got high centered in a big puddle where i couldn't see bottom. there were deep ruts i couldn't see and it doesn't matter what you have when your tires aren't touching; you're stuck! so I had to get off the quad and was standing bag high in COLD water and muck. NOW i see why guys go to the 27 & 28" tire packages. but all they do is dig the ruts deeper so the rest of us can't get thru. guess this is one of the good things about Arctic Cat=ground clearance.

isn't it a pain loading up for the ride?? wish i had a nice enclosed toy hauler where I could just hook up and go. problems are: some srote-bag thief could do the same, and what would we do for the trips where we want to camp?

Quebec City had the worst NHL team for years. they finally started to get good and their players matured, draft picks and trades all worked out. the NEXT year they re-locate to Colorado and win their first ever Stanley Cup in first year in Colorado. I'd be a bitter Quebec fan. that's what ya get for having french as your first language i guess.

Old 10-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

MD, you watch the game last night? LW, 4/5, solo HR, 2RBI + his "non-hit" (error on Ramirez) brought in the tying run and put LW on base, plus a guy on third (8th inning?). unfortunately, next 2 batters blew it. the guys who "carried" LW and the team (Pujols, Edmonds & Rolon) were 1/12 with runners in scoring position. hard to believe they still got 9 runs with those big guns silenced.

it was bittersweet for me. nice to see that lunatic Tavares blow the game for Cards, and nice to see Sox win. ya, when you average their stats against their salaries, it's staggering.

okay, ever since you and Toyo publicly trashed me in the Honda forum, you scared Gimpster away and now i can't get any info from him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he must have seen too many posts and ran!

Old 10-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

BTW, 7 y/o had a friend sleepover Friday. On Sat when we're loading up for ride, his dad comes to pick him up. (No Hoss, he never peed on his leg or commented on the capacity of his srotum). Dad says he heard i might have quad for sale, and he bought the '93 LT80.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

took 4 hours to hose off the mud from the quads and clothes and boots today. we spend more time maintaining and looking after these things than we do riding them! The 2002 Honda has way more use on it than our 1984 Yamaha.... hard to believe isn't it? the '84 still has at least 1/2 the original tires. wife's family is original owner.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

My Warrior is in need of some new rear shoes. I've gone through about 1/2 the tread. I like to hang it out when I can. Take some loose dirt, gravel, etc. Doesn't have the power to break the back end loose whenever.

A freind finally replaced the original rear tires on her '96 Blaster within the last year. But she lives at Pismo so she runs paddles (went through one set already) most of the time.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

I guess sand must be easy on paddles. you probably get a lot of riding before it actually wears them out?? or am i just on bad drugs?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I backed out of that thread so I wouldn't scare him off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]We can't take Toyo anywhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sorry if that IS the reason why he hasn't come backSOB, SOB[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Don't you hate it, when you need to dismount when your ride after getting stuck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Did you have to get winched out or were you able to get out on your own?That's cool you sold the 80 like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]saved money by not advertising[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
With the new quads, hopefully your wrenching times will go down and the riding times will increase[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]minus getting stuck in the mud of course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You know, you can't let the ******* of the world run you off from doing what you want to do. Buy a couple of locks for the trailer. Lock the hitch and wrap a chain around the wheels or pull the "break away" brake pin, if your that worried about it.

And don't you just love[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the spoiled owners of the major sports, we all love so much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Sand can be hard on the tires, just because of all the broken glass[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] idiots break on the beach and throw into the fire pits, in their drunken stupidity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel