Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Did we fall off the face of the earth?
LOL! nah, just a little busy again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] for me. Hoss is probably out playing with his woolie animal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] DQ is trying to start up a foo-foo clothing business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hey, maybe Hoss can sell her some of his wool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and the Confusedone is still confused about moving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and Creator is stuck in a sand trap somewhere around Phoenix[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Haven't seen OFC or MWQ in here lately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] LJ and you are still around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think they have foresaken us for the spin zone. I think OFC was tired of the CA riding talk.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Those are some pretty sweet trucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe in my next life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
the difference between us and the people on the mustang boards are that 85% of them think the trucks are stupid and ugly. They also dont see the point in them. haha

Yet, 98% of us would do ANYTHING to have one.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thing is, if I was buying a Class VI truck I'm in it for the pulling of a big 5er. Those trucks are a bit hard to do that with considering the pin would be about 7' in the air. I'd want a custom bed (probably a flat bed, or tow bed) that kept the pin at a reasonable height.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Mom picked up a new GPS today to use for GEOcaching. To replace the one that was stolen with the stuff in the jeep last winter. FINNALLY..
Got 65 bucks off so it was a good deal. Has a Geocaching mode and all that good shiz.
Dont think ill be using this one on the quad. haha

I need to get one to mount on the handlebars. hmm.
*goes to ebay*
Sounds cool. I'd love a new GPS, but other things come first...like food, shelter, etc. LOL.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Air Cooled Rider

LOL! I made my gps holder out of diamond plate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Worked great at Hollister, didn't even loose the signal or shut off automatically from the bumps/shocks on the trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only thing I really need to do is remount it at a slightly different angle, just in case the quad comes over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I don't take it in the head[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Yeah I seen your daughter with it this weekend. I was like "Wait...that's usually on his bike..." then I looked at you then back over and noticed the Battleship hanging off the front of "her" bike. Figured she got to ride dad's bike for the day since mom wasn't there.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Funny you mention mustangs. My step dad's son bought a brand new one with the convertable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Nice car, except hisis pukie green with a tan top[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's really fuggly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I hate that color. I want that grey color they have. Done up like "Eleanore" from Gone in 60 Seconds.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Air Cooled Rider

yeah. Ill figure something out. I deffinatly want to get another though. I miss having the one on the outlander. Made it nice to know where i was. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Yeah, like we weren't sitting there the first time going to Signal Pk with 2 GPSes and a map going "Where the fsck are we?"

Old 11-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and some guy on Fordpower was telling me that you could chip a STOCK cummins and put out 900ftlbs of tq.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Where do these people get this stuff?
It was in reference to these F650s, saying that his brothers cummins could do everything they could do.

Hes a camaro owner btw.
We've discussed the F-650s before. They are cranking out the power from an 7.2L I-6 Cat 3126B. The 5.9 Cummins ISC is the "little" motor in those trucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I think they are available with up to 300HP/900LB/FT of torque off the floor.
Nooo. He was talking about teh little cummins. The ones in the dodge trucks. you know, the POS trucks with the nice motors?
He was trying to tell me that one of those could put down those numbers with just a chip AND still pull 15,000lbs daily. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Nooo. He was talking about teh little cummins. The ones in the dodge trucks. you know, the POS trucks with the nice motors?
He was trying to tell me that one of those could put down those numbers with just a chip AND still pull 15,000lbs daily. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Ehhh...I don't think so. Maybe with a stick. Not sure if their slushbox will hold up. And I think I was wrong the 5.9L Cummins is the ISB. I think the ISC is closer in size to the CAT 3126B. And if you crank the motor up that much and tow that heavy with it, it's not gonna last. But you never know. I think Ford is pretty conservative on their numbers.

Though we eat 4R100s on the back of a 460 every 60K miles and we run that truck heavy most of the time it leaves the shop.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Mom picked up a new GPS today to use for GEOcaching. To replace the one that was stolen with the stuff in the jeep last winter. FINNALLY..
Got 65 bucks off so it was a good deal. Has a Geocaching mode and all that good shiz.
Dont think ill be using this one on the quad. haha

I need to get one to mount on the handlebars. hmm.
*goes to ebay*
Sounds cool. I'd love a new GPS, but other things come first...like food, shelter, etc. LOL.
Heck, as long as they make ramen and used travel trailers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you don't need anything else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I noticed Rhino now has a radio/gps that is good up to 12 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hunting buddies and I talk about getting them every once in awhile. I think for riding that would be cool also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] You would get to see where everyone is riding at any particular time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Quad Patrol

LOL! I made my gps holder out of diamond plate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Worked great at Hollister, didn't even loose the signal or shut off automatically from the bumps/shocks on the trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only thing I really need to do is remount it at a slightly different angle, just in case the quad comes over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I don't take it in the head[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Yeah I seen your daughter with it this weekend. I was like "Wait...that's usually on his bike..." then I looked at you then back over and noticed the Battleship hanging off the front of "her" bike. Figured she got to ride dad's bike for the day since mom wasn't there.
LOL! Your pretty much correct[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think she is ready to sell the mojave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and move up to a 400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She can definately handle the bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I did get my bike back later in the day. I was riding wife's bike because it was really the first time we had it out since we bought it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and I wanted to make sure everything was working relatively good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] before Pismo. Outside of the cable adjustment on the clutch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Thing ran great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel