Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Skinner, I've learned that adding a performance clutch can lead to slippage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Seems like it's wiser to go back to a stock clutch with stiffer springs and a aftermarket clutch basket to increase oil around the clutch. MD

Old 01-02-2005, 05:47 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
One good thing about storms like this- No Fog[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You were a brave soul for driving that far on New Years Eve[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Traffic really wasn't that bad. It was running 75-80MPH on the way up. I was suprised it was running that fast for the most part. Only places people slowed down were at the Chowchilla River Station and north of that where the cross traffic area is. Coming home was even less traffic (about 1/2 as much overall, but a few bad packets north of the Chowchilla River Station and maybe a little more north), though it was running slower (70-75). I had to laugh at one point...I saw a Dodge Caravan towing a 4x4 truck, full size at that, near the Save Mart Dist. Center. Running about 45-50MPH.

Though it seems like I got home faster than I went up there. Maybe I looked at the time wrong. I do have to say one thing for Merced...LONG LONG LONG green lights for their turn lanes. Though their Best Buy is TINY compared to Fresno. It's about the size of our CompUSA.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-02-2005, 05:49 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Happy Birthday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I'm with skinner on sending money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How about something for the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We have some really good philips head screws at the office. Just toss em on the ground and they work great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nah. The guys in the field only do that to a** holes at the motels who park across 2 or 3 stalls. Doesn't matter HOW those things land...guaranteed to get into a tire. Almost like a roofing nail.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I've never had to deal with changing a clutch so I have no clue. Mine is still on the original one. Just wonder how long it will last with the tech. stuff up at Miami. Have to give it a work out sometimes. Though I try to stay off of it. I'm really thinking about dropping a tooth on the front sprocket for up there. Not a whole lot of high speed runs up there...unless you feel like taking on cars...head on.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!! I just pulled into town and found a foot of fresh white stuff...had to go hunting for the plow to dig out my driveway (it took me an hour to plow). Well...the Mrs. wants me to come to bed, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh, and yes, today is my B-day. You may send me $$$ if you wish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
happy b'day ya old prck!! if you get something in the mail from me, ya better have a good smell of the package before opening, cuz it could be one of those clever poo-bombs Toyo learned me about. well, things should get zippin on Tues when you and Toyo start wasting your employer's time and $$$ being post-ho's.

well, i envy your snow, we got none, but cold, clear days lately. riding with the kiddies tomorrow.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Though their Best Buy is TINY compared to Fresno. It's about the size of our CompUSA.
Skinner, don't need to build a huge one in Merced, population for the whole county is about 80,000 or so.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Happy Birthday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I'm with skinner on sending money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How about something for the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We have some really good philips head screws at the office. Just toss em on the ground and they work great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nah. The guys in the field only do that to a** holes at the motels who park across 2 or 3 stalls. Doesn't matter HOW those things land...guaranteed to get into a tire. Almost like a roofing nail.
Dang, I'll make sure I don't park around you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but, I like the idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speaking of roofing nails, LOSER neighbor is a roofer/druggie/POS. He's got 3 beaters and an old truck and trailer, always full of an old roof. well the moron somehow lost a pail of nails along the street this year and they were up and down the street. mother in law picked up a coffeee can full of them. ANd yep, we all got several flats courtesy of this idiot. my father in law stopped him one day and was chewing him out, ready to strangle the guy. roofer coulda cared less, he's got puncture seal on his tires, so he's okay.

there's 3 shoe-in jobs for when ya first get outta prison: roofer, tow truck driver, carpet cleaner. honarable mention to mover.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Air Cooled Rider

MD that many? That's the population of Clovis. Seems the farther north you get the smaller the counties are.

I've never tossed screws but my bro said it happens. Usually at motels where another crew is there. Usually the rockers.

LOL confused. Yeah, probably true. We've had a few right out of prison. One guy lasted for a while. But had problems with his PO not letting him leave the county to work. We usually have guys take off once a DA sends the child support collection order. One pay check and they are gone.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!! I just pulled into town and found a foot of fresh white stuff...had to go hunting for the plow to dig out my driveway (it took me an hour to plow). Well...the Mrs. wants me to come to bed, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh, and yes, today is my B-day. You may send me $$$ if you wish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Happy B-Day!!! Maybe the Mrs. gave you your "present" last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel