Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

roller fairlead is lighter than the Hawse, but it does stick out a little more. we have a store called Princess Auto, they're a lot like Harbour Freight (cheap, off-shore crap). Anyways, they have a roller fairlead for $20 Cdn (tax in).

congrats on selling the mansion Hoss. your new place must be real sweet, and 1.5 acres will seem huge after your old hood. you'll prolly be mortgage free too. but sorry to tell ya, yer also gonna be wife-free after ya move into your old neighborhood around all yer kin. that'll drive the bride crazy.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:54 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
roller fairlead is lighter than the Hawse, but it does stick out a little more. we have a store called Princess Auto, they're a lot like Harbour Freight (cheap, off-shore crap). Anyways, they have a roller fairlead for $20 Cdn (tax in).

congrats on selling the mansion Hoss. your new place must be real sweet, and 1.5 acres will seem huge after your old hood. you'll prolly be mortgage free too. but sorry to tell ya, yer also gonna be wife-free after ya move into your old neighborhood around all yer kin. that'll drive the bride crazy.
I didn't realize how heavy a hawse weighed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I lifted a large one for a truck and my goodness, was it heavy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]more then I thought it would weigh. So, I can only take your word, that one for an atv, is heavy to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]So, I'm kicking around a couple ideas on what to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You know, ever since Hoss went to his new job, we haven't seen that kid(from Hoss' home town) post again in this thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hoss, is there a new hole in the middle of the family's ranch? On second thought, I don't recommend you answer that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: mstrquad just have to watch the jeeper thay think thay own the trail

I bet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but, they better watch out, because I just might have a surprise or two for them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What time of the year, did you do your trip?
i can not remember where in t-shirt and it was hot we went for a swim in spider lake. july or aug wood be a good guess

Old 02-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

The Rubicon would be a very fun trip to make[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would plan to do it in August so you can enjoy the weather up there also. Are you going only on quads or are you going with a support vehicle like a jeep?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

My poor 'ol PSD has been sitting too long. The last couple of trips I have taken I have used my Suburban because it holds more people. I take too many kids all the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I should probably sell it and look for a PSD Excursion but I have to admit the Chev has been doing a fine job dragging the toys to and from. (I would never own a ford other than the truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img])

Old 02-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Trasher
My poor 'ol PSD has been sitting too long. The last couple of trips I have taken I have used my Suburban because it holds more people. I take too many kids all the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I should probably sell it and look for a PSD Excursion but I have to admit the Chev has been doing a fine job dragging the toys to and from. (I would never own a ford other than the truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img])
creator, that makes sense. i've noticed you have a greater mechanical knowledge than all of us, and you used to own a repair shop. so it only makes sense you would have gained that vast knowledge owning and constantly repairing GMs. I know our GMC Safari 4.3L AWD van has made me a far better mechanic. Plus i've got to know more ex-cons (tow truck drivers) than ever. One common thread amoungst GM owners that I've noticed is that they're loyal to a fault, and will excuse/dismiss any problems to a GM with a shrug like, " Oh, well, it was only the tranny that blew, what are you complaining about". but if it's any other brand, we trash 'em right now. " Dam POS Ford, just got a flat tire. What a lemon, I'm selling it!"

Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Just goto the junk yard and find a couple back seats and bolt them to the bed with seatbelts and throw a ARE canopy with the walkthru door. and you be all good. besides like you wanna listen to the hoolagins while drivin.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Range Rover

creator, that makes sense. i've noticed you have a greater mechanical knowledge than all of us, and you used to own a repair shop. so it only makes sense you would have gained that vast knowledge owning and constantly repairing GMs. I know our GMC Safari 4.3L AWD van has made me a far better mechanic. Plus i've got to know more ex-cons (tow truck drivers) than ever. One common thread amoungst GM owners that I've noticed is that they're loyal to a fault, and will excuse/dismiss any problems to a GM with a shrug like, " Oh, well, it was only the tranny that blew, what are you complaining about". but if it's any other brand, we trash 'em right now. " Dam POS Ford, just got a flat tire. What a lemon, I'm selling it!"

if you gave me a GM i'll sell it and buy a ford i see more Gm that fords in the full produck line for GM the vette is the only one i wood take. just use on the weekends as a 3nd car

Old 02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

I have have been very lucky to have vehicle that haven't left me stuck somewhere. ya know, all model lines have their problems. I don't care what your talking about. Mercedes, GM, Ford, toyota's, etc. The only difference is the type of problems.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Like I stated back about 100 pages of wit and knowledge (not from me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) I have owned 3 Astro vans and still think they are the best thing going in that class of vehicle. the ONLY reason I don't own one now is I'm sick of looking at one in my garage. I needed a change. Bought a 2002 Honda mini van and It is on it's third tranny, rear window motors died twice, cup holder broke, brakes are noisy, etc.

All cars have issues brother[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel