Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:32 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
It's been a pretty different winter so far. The rain is great but does it have to all come at the same time? (ya, go ahead. say it)

I'm in Phoenix and it's almost 80 today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
80[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man, we saw a high of 43[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Yea, I know we are complaining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But you know what, when it's 100+, we'll be complaining, we want the cool weather back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dang Californians[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
But, went to a fellow officer's funeral today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] He was gunned down by a AWOL marine, who was in the Norteno's and ambushed 2 local officers.
I can't believe his family wants him buried with full military honors. The Marine Corps I believe is refusing to do it. Family claims PTSD but he never saw combat. Never fired his weapon. He's just a piece of garbage. They should be burying him in the landfill.

MD...not sure if you heard but Tulare had two officers gunned down as well. One is at the hospital here in Fresno, the other is up at Standford. Both are very critical. Both shot with a shotgun during a traffic stop. Two brothers. Second officer got off at least one round and hit one of em. Both taken into custody. Hopefully you won't be having to travel down this way for another funeral.

There was over 4,000 officers there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] some from as far away as Boise, Idaho, Reno, Nv., Nevada State Police, and down south[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Great show of force[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] To bad it takes a tragedy to get us all together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Reminds me of when Pelco dedicated the California Memorial for 9/11. Got some great pics. If you're ever up this way I'll have to show you where it is. I want to say the flag is 60'x40' or so. Been up since they raised it in Dec '01. Lit by like 4 1000W metal halide lights...you can see it at night from the other side of the airport...+/- 1 mile.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
But, went to a fellow officer's funeral today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] He was gunned down by a AWOL marine, who was in the Norteno's and ambushed 2 local officers.
I can't believe his family wants him buried with full military honors. The Marine Corps I believe is refusing to do it. Family claims PTSD but he never saw combat. Never fired his weapon. He's just a piece of garbage. They should be burying him in the landfill.

MD...not sure if you heard but Tulare had two officers gunned down as well. One is at the hospital here in Fresno, the other is up at Standford. Both are very critical. Both shot with a shotgun during a traffic stop. Two brothers. Second officer got off at least one round and hit one of em. Both taken into custody. Hopefully you won't be having to travel down this way for another funeral.
The POS got nothing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The Marines denied his military burial[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Kind of hard to deny his gang affiliation with the photos they found. He was buried last Thursday in front of 600 other POS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] And can you believe, the cemetary gave him a plot next to the Peace Officers Memorial[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]We couldn't believe it when we saw it on the news. The took the shot of the services from "OUR" Monument[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

We were talking about the shootings today. We heard they were also gang related[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Our prayers are out to them and their love ones[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 05:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's an insult to Marines to call this guy a marine. and i know nothing about it, other than what you guys posted.

it's so rare here for police to even draw their weapon, let alone die in the line of duty. all our recent shootings have been gang members doing each other. i thot in CA during a traffic stop, it's assumed the person has a gun and you never put yourself in that vulnerable of a position. what do i know. still a tragedy to see such a lack of respect for law enforcement (or any innocent person's life for that matter), anywhere.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
it's an insult to Marines to call this guy a marine. and i know nothing about it, other than what you guys posted.

it's so rare here for police to even draw their weapon, let alone die in the line of duty. all our recent shootings have been gang members doing each other. i thot in CA during a traffic stop, it's assumed the person has a gun and you never put yourself in that vulnerable of a position. what do i know. still a tragedy to see such a lack of respect for law enforcement (or any innocent person's life for that matter), anywhere.
I agree 100% with you. He is a "COWARD" who the media decided to use[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] as another sick weapon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] in their own agenda to attack Pres Bush[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

As a Law Enforcement Officer, you approach every vehicle like that. But, unfortuanately, if you approached every car with your weapon drawn, the public out cry would be horrendous[sp] Because, even law abiding citizens get stopped[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]too. Even though you are aware it could happen, "WE" are always one second behind in drawing our weapon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]The POS of society already made up their mind, on what they will do. Details on the shooting from down south are sketchy, so I won't comment on it. But, ours was an all out ambush. POS fires a round into the ground outside a store, runs inside, tells the clerk to call police, he was just shot at. So, now he's pretending to be a victim. When first officers arrive onscene, they do everything right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Placement of vehicle, coverage, etc. When POS sees they arrived and looking around corner, he goes after them, flips his military poncho aside and pulls out his SKS, firing it in automatic. He or someone else, converted it. Officer gets hit several times and is pulled back by his trainee and another officer. Sgt. pulls up second later from another direction, POS hides behind a car, and then opens up on Sgt. as he is still getting out of his car. While laying on ground wounded, POS shoots him twice in the head[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Then he terrorizes neighborhood for 3 hours until he engages a fire fight with fellow officers and is killed. The 2 officers shot, did return fire, but didn't hit there mark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Around here, it's not uncommon to pull our weapons multiple times during your shift. that can be for searches, felony car stops, robbery calls, etc. Then you can go for shifts without pulling it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You just never know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Air Cooled Rider

As MD said, it's still sketchy. They are waiting to talk to both officers before they release who was the shooter. This is from Tues. morning's Fresno Bee (article Registration required)

According to Tulare police, Jackson and Jones were on patrol about 3:05 a.m. when they stopped a maroon Nissan 300Z in the 2100 block of South Laspina Street, near the southeastern fringe of the city. The Barbosas were in the car, which was registered to Jesse Barbosa, although it wasn't clear who was driving or which brother fired the shotgun, police said.

Tulare police spokesman Lt. Jerry Breckinridge said Jackson walked toward the car on the driver's side and was hit by a shotgun blast as she approached the door.

Jones called on his radio that an officer was down and approached the Nissan. Breckinridge said what happened next wasn't clear, but that Jones shot one of the Barbosas and was shot himself.
Both were to be arraigned this morning on 2 counts ea. of attempted murder. Jesse Barbosa was the one who took a round and 3 hours later a few bites while hiding in the oleanders along Highway 99. Both held on $500,000 bail.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Well the world is full of retards. but this should make you smile. I found a support group for Hoss and his fetish
Sheep Across The World [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Festus, that is just freakin hilarious. especially the whitewater rafting expedition. it is 100% Hoss!! where do you find this stuff, you pervert. well, i'm wearing my new Seahawks T-shirt today, "NFC West Champions".... hmmm, they forgot to mention "by acclamation". hope no one beats me up cuz of it.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LOL yeah. I was lookin for some sweet lookin sheep to post to my gallery. and i found those guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and i was like dam. The love yew goin Whitewater rafting. these guys are for hoss [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You shouldnt get beat up. thats pretty good progress for a crappy seattle team.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider

OMG that is SOOOOO wrong.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel