Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Went to a RV show in Pleasanton Yesterday. I have to say it was very nice. Everything was under a big tent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Even though the weather was nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] sunny and about 60 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, they had a ton of toy trailers there. After walking into almost all of them, I came away with wanting the new Weekend Warrior LE model. Here's a link to it weekend warrior LE model

Wife told me to start saving my pennies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It had the Billet edition interior, which was pretty sharp. tongue weight was manageable too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We did discover that the dealers were basically asking $1000 per foot of trailer at the show. Some had knocked over $15,000 from there price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Anyways, there's always room for negotiations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] which I hate doing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Anyways, I'll be drooling for awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I should start on the clutch tomorrow and hopefully have the z400 running for Saturday. My parts from Rocky Mountain arrived today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] only took 3 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I need to go and some 10w40 for the quad. I am even thinking about going with some synthetic stuff, just to check it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Anyone know if there is anything I need to do, just in case I go with the synthetic and decide to go back to regular 10w40? (other then draining the oil and pouring the regular stuff in)

Old 01-18-2005, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope, you got it MD... just drain the oil and put in the synthetic. I see no prob with using it. you may find it causes idle to change, no big deal.

well, we had snow and cold for 2-3 weeks.then suddenly another pineapple express storm melts all of it, warms it up to about 45-50 degrees and pounds rain. combine it with melted snow and it's a mess with flooding. good thing we only ever got a few inches (go ahead, you guys can jump all over that comment, that's why i left it there for ya).

i drained the water and changed the oil on my compressor tonight. i saw sumthin that sed to check air-filter on top. i pull apart the top and the filter foam is almost disintigrated. i cut up some old atv filter foam, should work. wondering if the head bolts i had to remove are set right, or if the gasket i broke (NOT HEAD gasket) will leak. guess we'll find out. I'm sure the underpowered circuit/tripped breaker will be the first thing to kill the compressor anyways.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I took my truck in for service and my friend jumped all over me "getting serviced" on SMS messaging. I was sitting in the service manager's office LMAO. I think he thought I was insane. But hey, he rides. And someone was having serious issues with a 7.3 PSD..... well I'm off to lunch.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Man alive. its been rainin at my buddies place and in the hills above. the river that runs next to his house has rose from 1,000 cfs to 36,000 cfs in the past 24 hours and it went from about 4 feet on the gauge to 17.2' basically the river is still goin up and its at his house now. they are almost 4feet over flood stage and its startin to slow down but another mega squall is commin thru and gonna melt a ton more snow and river gonna get much bigger.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

It's been a pretty different winter so far. The rain is great but does it have to all come at the same time? (ya, go ahead. say it)

I'm in Phoenix and it's almost 80 today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Skinner, I should start on the clutch tomorrow and hopefully have the z400 running for Saturday. My parts from Rocky Mountain arrived today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] only took 3 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I need to go and some 10w40 for the quad. I am even thinking about going with some synthetic stuff, just to check it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Anyone know if there is anything I need to do, just in case I go with the synthetic and decide to go back to regular 10w40? (other then draining the oil and pouring the regular stuff in)
ya got that thing fixed yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

Man, I hope Pheonix is that warm this weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Going ridin down here?

Old 01-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: rescuediver
ya got that thing fixed yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
NO, Have all the parts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, went to a fellow officer's funeral today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] He was gunned down by a AWOL marine, who was in the Norteno's and ambushed 2 local officers. One is still in serious condition and the other a Sgt. was executed. Shot twice in the head after being shot pulling up to the scene. Both were shot with a SKS that he converted to a automatic. There was over 4,000 officers there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] some from as far away as Boise, Idaho, Reno, Nv., Nevada State Police, and down south[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Great show of force[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] To bad it takes a tragedy to get us all together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel