Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I'm not too much for clear cutting. Have to see an area that they clear cut and replanted to see how it took. There are some strips up a hillside south of Devils Peak (Signal Peak) in the Sierra N.F. that was cut in the 60s. Looks like a pasture on the side of a hill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Maybe one or two trees.

At Miami they did a harvest this year where they go in and selectively take out trees which I think is a good idea. Looks like they also clean up some of the underbrush as well. We definately need to manage things better. Let the natural fires go as much as we can. I know in Yosemite and other high country areas they let the fires burn all summer. It's funny to see a fire report where a fire has been burning for weeks and it's like 500 acres.

At Bass Lake (east of Miami) they have a huge problem over there with some kind of a beatle. You can look across the valley with the lake and just see huge areas of dead pines. Fire tore through those trees a couple of years ago. They still need to go through and take out the dead trees I think.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Im all for Clearcut - Burn the slash - Replant. The forrests that were managed in that fashion have been some of the most succesful tree farmin areas. the burnin keeps the blackberries and scrub brish from commin back so fast and gives the planted trees a better start at regrowth. Which means you get straighter Fatter trees earlier, wich means you will have healthier, and the will produce a better quality lumber in the long run. + it reduces the number of wild game injuries from slash and junk all over. Hillside erosion can be manages in manyways so it really not an issue if its done. anyway people who understand the forrest will never be allowed to manage the forrest cuz theres to many liberals who dont understand.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Good ride today with LJ and another guy from here. Found some snow. Got stuck in some snow. Got towed through some snow.
How high did you guys go to get good snow?
You wanna get towed through some snow too? Heck, Im sure the lander could tow 2 at once after the new front tires this week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

It was great though. Going through untouched snow is a blast..

Old 02-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
LJ, here's the Bombardier link. http://quads.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1134

he also posted in another forum about it. obviously a bitter guy that's PO'ed at the company. i think the lesson to take form it is; how'd his problem happen, and how can you make sure you avoid the same thing. some other guy i spoke to the other day raved for hours about the Outlander, best riding quad, etc...., and the Traxter is the toughest/most durable tank. ANd he wasn't a Bomb fan until he tried the Outlander.
Thanks for the link. I did feel the "tranny" getting a bit warm. But i never noticed any belt slippage.. I wouldnt even worry about that.

The bomb IS the best 400 class sport/ute out right now. Ive had problems but most were from ME. And the quad has NEVER left me stranded.. haha

Old 02-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

So did anyone see the ford commercials during the superjoke sunday? Man i about got wood. their pretty sexy.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider

The superwhat? Wait....I noticed there weren't many people out yesterday. hmmm. Must have been something going on.

A few pics should be up shortly.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

The superwhat? Wait....I noticed there weren't many people out yesterday. hmmm. Must have been something going on.

A few pics should be up shortly.

Any pics yet?

Old 02-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Air Cooled Rider

There were errors when I would try this afternoon from work. And I can never seem to upload them from home, or rather something goes screwy. It's like it will show that there is a pic there, but nothing.

Check out my photo album on Yahoo. Also posted on Club ATV West.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

There were errors when I would try this afternoon from work. And I can never seem to upload them from home, or rather something goes screwy. It's like it will show that there is a pic there, but nothing.

Check out my photo album on Yahoo. Also posted on Club ATV West.
Yahoo no worky.. No photos are available
Sorry, shootme93611 has not enabled any public albums in their account.

Im checking ATVW right now...

Old 02-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Sweet!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel