Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:12 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
He won't be allowed to ride it.
Will it be for dad?

Old 03-19-2005, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spent 14 hours today, trying to get ready. nice curveballs.... had to replace bearings on one tralier axle/brake drum, had to replace breakaway (glad i checked all this stuff!!). replaced the fuel filter on the PSD. anyone else done this before? I was a little confused on how tight to put cannister lid back on. ended up using filter wrench to tighten it about an extra 1/4 turn or so, as i wasn't sure if hand tight was good enough. is there such thing as too tight?OMG!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I just did some serious PSD chatting!!

still don't have quads loaded, but that's all that's left (plus trailer). then drain hot tub and clean the filter (just coincidence that it times out that way). well, have a good week gabbing ladies! sayanora!

Old 03-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, I put the mojave together tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Had to use a hair pin to hold the choke cable in place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thought that was pretty ingenious[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Started the mojave and had white smoke coming from the valve cover[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]When I had it running 2 nights ago, it didn't do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] can't think of what it could be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Thinking maybe, just maybe, there was some simple green left on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]from when we clean the engine before we took the top off. Tomorrow morning, going to get up early and change the oil. Start it up again and see if, it still smokes. I'm wondering if, maybe the valves are a little to tight? I set them at .22. Specs say .20-.24. If it still smokes, I'll pull the top (before I put everything back on) and double check them. But, I already checked them quadrupal times x'4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Could it be possible, that they (valves) are too tight and exhaust is working it's way through the new gasket?? Like I said, I checked them numerous times before putting it all back together.

Any ideas???????

This will hold me up from riding tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

MWQ, if you see this before you leave, Depending on what occurs with the above problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I might not be there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If not, wife says we will go Sunday to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm crossing my fingers, it's not anything big[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
spent 14 hours today, trying to get ready. nice curveballs.... had to replace bearings on one tralier axle/brake drum, had to replace breakaway (glad i checked all this stuff!!). replaced the fuel filter on the PSD. anyone else done this before? I was a little confused on how tight to put cannister lid back on. ended up using filter wrench to tighten it about an extra 1/4 turn or so, as i wasn't sure if hand tight was good enough. is there such thing as too tight?OMG!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I just did some serious PSD chatting!!

still don't have quads loaded, but that's all that's left (plus trailer). then drain hot tub and clean the filter (just coincidence that it times out that way). well, have a good week gabbing ladies! sayanora!
Have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and watch out for the "other" crazy drivers on the road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll probably talk to you sometime next week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I've haven't done the fuel filter on my truck. Always had it done at the dealership. So, can't answer your question.. Wise man for checking all that stuff though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] before taking our family on a long road trip. I mean your family on the road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
He won't be allowed to ride it.
Will it be for dad?
Yeh. Or mom..

Looking to get another lander.. Possibly the 2 seater. Or an XT which comes with a winch...

Old 03-19-2005, 11:12 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

[quote]
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
When it's in the "gutter" i sometimes wonder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] why it's doens't get washed away to the ocean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Who makes those decisions? I would have probubly tossed it a few times. And I have only been in there since dec, I think. Of course I would have tossed DD & BM too. Or at least put them in a adult only section. Is lind of scary to think there are young kids reading even a little of that cr@p. most of it is just bs. but if taken out of context, OMG. pray for the children.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:15 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

If you need to be winched riding a m/c[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think, you would need a ride yourself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] via-air ambulance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

You better need a air-ambulance, or you need a new hobby.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] IMO

Old 03-19-2005, 11:23 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Well, I put the mojave together tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Had to use a hair pin to hold the choke cable in place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thought that was pretty ingenious[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Started the mojave and had white smoke coming from the valve cover[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]When I had it running 2 nights ago, it didn't do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] can't think of what it could be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Thinking maybe, just maybe, there was some simple green left on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]from when we clean the engine before we took the top off. Tomorrow morning, going to get up early and change the oil. Start it up again and see if, it still smokes. I'm wondering if, maybe the valves are a little to tight? I set them at .22. Specs say .20-.24. If it still smokes, I'll pull the top (before I put everything back on) and double check them. But, I already checked them quadrupal times x'4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Could it be possible, that they (valves) are too tight and exhaust is working it's way through the new gasket?? Like I said, I checked them numerous times before putting it all back together.

Any ideas???????

This will hold me up from riding tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

MWQ, if you see this before you leave, Depending on what occurs with the above problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I might not be there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If not, wife says we will go Sunday to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm crossing my fingers, it's not anything big[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Doubt very much it has anything to do with the valves. was the smoke coming from around the gasget? or just off the top of the cover? How much smoke?

Still planning on leaving here around 8:00 or so. wife is not going because of rain. not sure about new wife but both sons claimed they were going rain or shine. i will go alone if it comes down to it. It is raining so I must go. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Wow what a friggen concept.

So i was in Oakhurst today and i took my new lil piece of plastic to teh atm to try it out right?
Anyways i go to teh atm and put my card in and press a few buttons and it spits out some moneys.. hahahahahhaa. Sweet! You stick a peice of plastic in a machine and its spits out moneys!!!! I need to do that more often!! I dont have to even ask teh parents anymore!!1111!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ROTFLMAO..

This whole bank thing is new to me.. Please forgive teh n00b13n3ss!111!!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

BTW! The boat is SOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS SSS

Soooo. As soon as we get the full amount were headin to the dealer!!

YeeehhaaaaaaaaaaWwwwwwwwwwww

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel