Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 03:20 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
there's a guy on our local forum/chatroom (www.quads.ca) who's trashing Bomb big-time over uncovered damage caused by "snow ingestion". if you're intereseted..... check it out. it's a small forum, so shouldn't be too hard to find it.
Hhmmm, I wonder if it's the same guy that was trash talking them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] on this forum, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Good ride today with LJ and another guy from here. Found some snow. Got stuck in some snow. Got towed through some snow.
How high did you guys go to get good snow?

Old 02-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver

Was Jr. still on the Breeze[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Good luck on the list of things to do on the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Are you getting it inspected and working on that list? or, are the jobs to improve tho house, to make a bigger profit?

yep, he was. it really is impressing the heck outta me, that little Breeze.

ya, we have to do some jobs to finish all the other renos off that we've done since we bought. there's about 10 things that are atrocious still (soffitt, some outside painting needed, old lino in laundry room will get tiled....but i'm not putting the heating wire under it this time,etc..).
Well, no wonder the thing was HEAVY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Next time, tell him to get off, it will be a FEW pounds lighter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Go figure, finish them off, then, turn around and sell the place.

Wife and I talked to today, we're going to start looking for our land[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] At least 40++++ acres[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kinda our plan too MD. next house we plan to buy a lot, build and sell. we'll sub-contract the majority of the house (could build most of it myself, but who has time).

current place was trash when we moved in 8 years ago. first 2 years all we did was work on it. then it tapered off, and lately we've been lazy on the house. NOW, kids needing attn has a lot to do with it too.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

LJ, here's the Bombardier link. http://quads.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1134

he also posted in another forum about it. obviously a bitter guy that's PO'ed at the company. i think the lesson to take form it is; how'd his problem happen, and how can you make sure you avoid the same thing. some other guy i spoke to the other day raved for hours about the Outlander, best riding quad, etc...., and the Traxter is the toughest/most durable tank. ANd he wasn't a Bomb fan until he tried the Outlander.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

MD: Had snow at the bridge on 6S24 over Miami Creek (N37 25.888, W119 40.086) @ 4401.69126657' according to the GPS. We peaked around 5000' and the snow was more plentiful. Generally in the shade or on the north sides of the hills. Easy going north...going south...SUCKED. LJ had to pull me through one section. 4+ inches of ground clearance aren't enough. Though LJ did get stuck once at the bridge when he backed into the snow bank. LOL. I'll post up pics when I get them off the camera (USB cable has gone MIA). The bridge was beautiful. Everything was covered in snow. Creek was flowing. Hopefully the camera worked good.

LJ: yeah it owned the snow...right into that snow bank. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (wasn't really a snow bank...but close enough.)

I recorded an ATV Television episode sometime in the last week and it was practically all Bomb. Outlanders including the new Max. Every section had a bomb in it. Had to laugh. And they did a 4x4 shootout at Hungry Valley. This weekend was two Outlander 400s, my Warrior and a rented 400ex with sucky tires that looked like they came off of a lawn mower.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
MD: Had snow at the bridge on 6S24 over Miami Creek (N37 25.888, W119 40.086) @ 4401.69126657'
where EXACTLY is this bridge? (lol) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I didn't want to be TOO vague. People start asking me for better information. Sooooo. Hey, I'm the one who explained all kinds of computer stuff over on the women drivers thread. The collective glassing over of eyes was funny. Most of the snow we found was patchy, with some areas a more solid blanket depending on the terrain and vegetation. Around the bridge is a lot of pines so the area was a snow heaven. Some higher areas where the vegetation wasn't as thick the snow was on the road (if you could call em a road) but not off the trail in the brush.

I think a fire swept through that area and took out all the pines years ago and the pines have yet to return.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

[I think a fire swept through that area and took out all the pines years ago and the pines have yet to return.
Shoulda let em clear cut a bit and re-plant the area before the fires. Maybe it could be managed better if all the libbys settle down a bit and look at the big picture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
[I think a fire swept through that area and took out all the pines years ago and the pines have yet to return.
Shoulda let em clear cut a bit and re-plant the area before the fires. Maybe it could be managed better if all the libbys settle down a bit and look at the big picture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
wish i could agree with ya creator, but those tree-huggin freaks would rather see it die than harvest it, or manage it properly. we have this thing in our "magnificent forests of British Columbia" (I need Monty Python to chime in now with, "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay..."), called the pine beetle infestation. we need 2 weeks of -40 F weather to kill it, or slow it. Hasn't happened for several years and our infestation is the size of most of your states. it's HUGE... but the 'save-the-guay-whales-for-jesus freaks would rather it carry on than harvest.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel