Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Good thing through all this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] is- IT STARTS ON THE SECOND KICK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And that's saying a lot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] mstrquad, I think can attest to that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Posted a couple pics. Waiting approval. One's for MWQ...nice little hill for you there. Or anyone who has some b*lls and traction. Saw MC tracks up there so I'm sure it's doable for MCs.

The other is my bike in a rut. I HATE THAT FRIGGIN RUT!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Just approved your pics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man, was that rut hungry or what[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Lucky you got out of there with your leg still attached[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Oh Yea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] remember all the warnings on t.v. about tornados in Cook Co[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
We lived right behind cook county road. In our living room was a big 6'X8' plate glass window behind the house. It looked out over cook co rd into a big empty field. That is where I rode my first mini bike. any way when ever there was tornado warnings and with them thunder and ligntning storms. mom and dad would take all of us into the base ment and all i wanted to do was get on the couch and look out that window. I saw the most incredible lightning storms I could ever imagine out that window. Still quite vivid memories over 30 yrs later. Mom and dad thought I was crazy. I also got in a lot of trouble for leaving the basement during a tornado warning. Problem for me was I had figured out that was when the best lightning happened.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:45 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Ok, MWQ and mstrquad have both mentioned air leaks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I have checked, but maybe I'm missing something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] What is the best way to check for a leak? Spraying WD-40 around the engine, anywhere a leak could be? .
I use carb cleaner. (in a well ventilated area) I use it sparingly and start around the carb and its manifold up to the cylinder. Also around any vacuum lines, not sure if it has any. A small leak will usually run normal/better if found and a large leak will usually kill engine when found.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Posted a couple pics. Waiting approval. One's for MWQ...nice little hill for you there. Or anyone who has some b*lls and traction. Saw MC tracks up there so I'm sure it's doable for MCs.

The other is my bike in a rut. I HATE THAT FRIGGIN RUT!
I liked the trail with the rut in it. great line for a dirt bike on the left. didnt look fun on a quad. I am really getting excited about riding there, i cant remember the last time I rode some where new. most of the places I go i probubly have 50% of the trails memorized I have been there so much.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Oh Yea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] remember all the warnings on t.v. about tornados in Cook Co[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
We lived right behind cook county road. In our living room was a big 6'X8' plate glass window behind the house. It looked out over cook co rd into a big empty field. That is where I rode my first mini bike. any way when ever there was tornado warnings and with them thunder and ligntning storms. mom and dad would take all of us into the base ment and all i wanted to do was get on the couch and look out that window. I saw the most incredible lightning storms I could ever imagine out that window. Still quite vivid memories over 30 yrs later. Mom and dad thought I was crazy. I also got in a lot of trouble for leaving the basement during a tornado warning. Problem for me was I had figured out that was when the best lightning happened.
Oh, yea, I think the mid-west has the best electrical storms[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Everytime we had one, we would always get pushed inside[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Quad Patrol

Ok, MWQ and mstrquad have both mentioned air leaks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I have checked, but maybe I'm missing something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] What is the best way to check for a leak? Spraying WD-40 around the engine, anywhere a leak could be? .
I use carb cleaner. (in a well ventilated area) I use it sparingly and start around the carb and its manifold up to the cylinder. Also around any vacuum lines, not sure if it has any. A small leak will usually run normal/better if found and a large leak will usually kill engine when found.
I yea, I forget to mention, I had to put a filter on the crank case hose. Would this be the cause of the problem I am having?

As soon as the rain settles down, I'll go out with carb cleaner to see what I find.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I had to put a filter on the crank case hose. Would this be the cause of the problem I am having? .
I dont think so. unless that hose also connects to the intake some where. causing a bleed off that the air box didnt. I assume the hose was connected to the airbox?

Old 03-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Quad Patrol

I had to put a filter on the crank case hose. Would this be the cause of the problem I am having? .
I dont think so. unless that hose also connects to the intake some where. causing a bleed off that the air box didnt. I assume the hose was connected to the airbox?
Yes it was. That's why I also didn't think it would matter. Just thought I'd throw that out there because I forgot to mention it earlier[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and, wanted to make sure I covered all bases.

I was just out there, spraying some carb cleaner around. Didin't find anything that would lead me to believe I had a leak[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did find a thread last night, that mentioned the throttle cable might be to tight. This could also be part of the problem, due to taking the carb off and disconnecting the throttle cable. Was tinkering around with it. Then burnt my hand on HOT exhaust pipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, now, I'm letting it cool down a little.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel