Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
OFC, it probably would be difficult. You would have to go find those federal standards, design something to that standard and then have someone grace their signature with it. You could probably buy a Burb/Excursion for what that would cost you.

I remember being a kid and no big deal to ride in the back of the truck. Though Darwin caught up to a kid in Fresno. there was a guy in a bed and 2 in the cab running from the cops. Well, they didn't quite make a turn (S/B Peach to E/B Shields on the north side of the airport. They cleared the chain link fence. They found the bed rider near one of the taxiways...

Last time I rode in the bed was Fall of like 1991. Clovis to Madera and back (HS football game).

Hmm, looks like a break in the weather. Rain stopped. Radar is looking clear. Will probably start pouring when I get to Hollister.
Guess, I should of read a little further down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Skinner is right on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] AGAIN[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You missed your calling, should of been a COP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I can't tell you how many citations I've written (to drivers and passengers) for passengers in the back of pickups[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Way too many[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It was a never ending problem when I worked the reservoirs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

DID YOU NOT READ THE LAW. If you can lift a freaki ford truck by the tiedowns in the freakin bed if you Connect the seat with appropriate fasteners its a Piece of got dam cake. take it to the got dam state patrol for inspection and freakin walla.. don't try and make a mountain outta a mole hill boys. I gaurantee i could design a seat and restraint system in teh back of a truck to pass them standards easy as a pissin on some pinko's door handle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I've seen the commercial with the idiot standing underneath the bed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And, if the certification was that easy, every Okie from Oklahoma or Post Ho Patrol, Washington would be doing it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And the law is one of those, where the owner of the vehicle must show it passed the federal standards. Not law enforcement. Good luck on getting any agency to put their neck and reputation on the line, so some idiot, can try and circumvent the law. You will need to get a reputable facility to sign off on it. Like UL laboratories.

There was a fellow deputy that desgned the 3rd seat for the Ford Explorers. He had to pay to have the seat tested to federal standards. It passed and he put a patent on it. Ford tried to buy him out, but he said no thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Went into his own little business. made enough money to get away from L.E.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Ive been across the country a few times and back in the back of a pickup truck. and i survived. unrestrained no doubt and one time not even in a campershell. I think all these regulations go way to far. last time i rode in the back of a truck was SUNDAY! i ride iin tha back of a truck allot. i also ride in the horse trailer which is illegal. you think i give a rats *** what johhny lawmaker thinks? No. some people shouldnt drive and that dont make a differnce if people is in the back of the truck or not the driver is still a retard if he is endangering his occupants and if someone Tbones ya or whatever then thats the good lord thinning the herd. leave it alone. we dont need all these restrictions.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
So according to MD it wouldnt be to difficuly to rig some seats in the back of the truck under a shell. like you cant fastn a restraint system to the bed with some washers. piece of cack.
Did you not read the Subsection of 23116 (c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) do not apply if the person in the back of the truck is secured with a restraint system. The restraint system shall meet or exceed the federal motor vehicle safety standards published in Sections 571.207, 571.209, and 571.210 of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations.

Getting it tested and approved is a costly venture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Mind as well buy a new vehicle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] This is what gets me about the pink laced politicians and the tree huggers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] They tell us, we can't drive with anyone in the back of our trucks or unrestrained in our vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But, they whine and cry because, NOW due to their lame laws, we drive 4 door crew cabs, Excursions and Suburbans[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Blastards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
if you use a seat and seatbelt out of a car thay have been tested and you shoud not have a promlems
DID YOU NOT READ THE LAW. If you can lift a freaki ford truck by the tiedowns in the freakin bed if you Connect the seat with appropriate fasteners its a Piece of got dam cake. take it to the got dam state patrol for inspection and freakin walla.. don't try and make a mountain outta a mole hill boys. I gaurantee i could design a seat and restraint system in teh back of a truck to pass them standards easy as a pissin on some pinko's door handle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: mstrquad
if you use a seat and seatbelt out of a car thay have been tested and you shoud not have a promlems
Exactly what i am talkin about . goto junk yard get a rear seat & mounting hardward and seatbelts outta a total Fseries truck and mount it to the bed of the truck. all pieces have already been inpected. thus all is in complience and ya dont need some c@ck smoker to sign off on it.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Quad Patrol

Festus, We can do anything we want to. Whether it's legal or not. It's your choice. Just when your caught, pay the piper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I agree we can't control destiny. $hit does happen, when your numbers up, it's up. It all comes down to this- law enforcement doesn't make the laws, We enforce them. Why, because the pinkos don't have the guts to do it themselves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]They just sit behind their fancy desks and figure out how to make our lives miserable.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Quad Patrol

My brother just bought a Rubicon worthy Jeep. Pretty nice, he bought it off a local firefighter, who apparently is a Rubicon junky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And if you know anything about firefighters, they are meticulously ****[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] on how they take care of things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I'll post a picture of it, when I can. It has an onboard compressor, hi-jack, off-road lights, underbelly protection. Looks like I found my support vehicle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
My brother just bought a Rubicon worthy Jeep. Pretty nice, he bought it off a local firefighter, who apparently is a Rubicon junky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And if you know anything about firefighters, they are meticulously ****[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] on how they take care of things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I'll post a picture of it, when I can. It has an onboard compressor, hi-jack, off-road lights, underbelly protection. Looks like I found my support vehicle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
i have all that on my steet truck and a 30 gal gas tank for the quads, do you want to do the rubicon? i'm up for it. start early and ride like the wind! well you be making the poker run?

Old 02-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
i have all that on my steet truck and a 30 gal gas tank for the quads, do you want to do the rubicon? i'm up for it. start early and ride like the wind! well you be making the poker run?
Yes, I'll have to wait until after May, but, I do want to do it. There's a jeep show on Spike TV, they are fitting a jeep for rock climbing, pretty sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

It's still up in the air[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Everytime I commit to something, more then not, I'm cancelling out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] it is on the calendar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I take it, the actual run is on Saturday?

Old 02-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, finished making the mount for my winch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now if the wind would subside, I'll paint it, really don't want to do it in the garage. I weighed the bracket, it weighs 6 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with the winch, it will be a total of 17 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. Good thing about it though, is it is held on by only 4 bolts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] which means it not to hard to take off for the dunes and put on for trail or hunting season[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel