Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Wish us luck today! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Lets hope we dont get stuck too bad in the snow. haha

or lost. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Well, we didnt get lost but......

We had some problems with traction. Yeah. Always make sure you know the pressure youre airing your tires down to.....

Or they come off teh wheel.

Poor warrior. Both rears blew teh bead. We got one back on but the other was a no go. I ended up pulling him 12 miles back to the staging area..
So we didnt get hardly ANY riding in.
Just a bad day.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I can pretty much say....THAT SUCKED! Need to pull the tires completely off the rim, clean it up, and remount it. For $10....the tires shop can do that. Plus I don't have the irons to get it off the rim in the first place. And there was a LOT of water in that tire.

And there's something wrong with that POS trailer. LOL. It's got a pulsating vibration, like it pulsates for less than a second, then maybe a 1 second gap, then pulsates again. Bearings? This trailer is like the ultimate POS. It belongs to a buddy and he lets me use it. Usually I fix something on it EVERY time I borrow it. This time...just broke the old turn signals. Wait...power did that...twice. And one of the tail lights was out...he didn't even bother to put a new lamp in it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Wish us luck today! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Lets hope we dont get stuck too bad in the snow. haha

LJ, throw that thing in four wheel drive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] should eliminate you getting stuck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Skinner on the other hand, is another story[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Have you heard from Hoss?
no, with new job and commuting home on weekends, i think he's got little free time (except at "work" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]).

Old 02-14-2005, 03:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I can pretty much say....THAT SUCKED! Need to pull the tires completely off the rim, clean it up, and remount it. For $10....the tires shop can do that. Plus I don't have the irons to get it off the rim in the first place. And there was a LOT of water in that tire.

And there's something wrong with that POS trailer. LOL. It's got a pulsating vibration, like it pulsates for less than a second, then maybe a 1 second gap, then pulsates again.
I bet it sucked big time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Man, to get pulled 12 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LJ getting stuck on your last trip has nothing on YOU now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A pulsating thingy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]let me talk to the better half on that one, maybe, she can help you out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I have no idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Have you heard from Hoss?
no, with new job and commuting home on weekends, i think he's got little free time (except at "work" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]).
I bet he doesn't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 03:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, I did get some work done in the garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately, I had to work on our lawn mower[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so, the lawn can look decent again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I fabricated a winch bracket for the Z400. I think, when I'm done, it will work and look great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do need to get a hawse roller for it, so, I can finish the fabrication and mount the winch. I posted pictures, just waiting for the program to cycle through to approve them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Quad Patrol

Pictures are posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

Anyways, I fabricated a winch bracket for the Z400. I think, when I'm done, it will work and look great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do need to get a hawse roller for it, so, I can finish the fabrication and mount the winch. I posted pictures, just waiting for the program to cycle through to approve them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
please dont rear end me on the trail that well hurt. need to mount the roler to fr bumper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great job on the bracket MD, how ya gonna put the fairlead on there?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel