Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

ww, were you at another one of your christian revival meetings... that was so tame and lame for you I'm shocked. i did like the sleazy women comment though... same thing at Molson Indy, OMG!!.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]good thing i wasn't in the speedo, or there woulda been a few chicks leaving their boyfriends for the roll of socks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy there confused; don't make me come up to BC and kick your a$$.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Cuz I'll do it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Gees...I try my best to make Ford Beta Kappa a respectable group of upstanding ATVconnection.com citizens, and all I get from you is a smart mouth.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If I ever get my hands on you I'll give you what you really deserve.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I seriously think the "Tornado" is a big gimmick. If you really get that much horsepower and mileage out of something like that, then I am hooking up an electric fan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]because, more air, more fuel=more POWER right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yep, the gourmet kitchen is protable. It's sitting on 12 wheels. Can be pushed onto the patio if needed. With all the hours we have into that thing, it's hard to put a price on it. So, I guess with the daughter's help, it's: PRICELESS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Similiar units are around $7,000. If someone was to ask me to build them one, I think they would get turned off by what I would charge them.
My brothers are already hinting about doing one for them. Actually, the electrical was pretty simple, just plugged it in from an outlet coming off of the house.
We went by no plans, other then what was in my head. And that's not much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
That thing is up for some serious parties. Actually, we can them Family get togethers.
And Thanks for the compliment. Don't you have some soap to pick up in Bubba's cell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

B&W, Good for you on your convictions. I think we all have family like that. I know I do, they didn't own a strip bar. Sometimes, they thought they did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am more of a social drinker. Can't remember in recent history, when I last had a "buzz" going. I can open up a cold one and it will sit around getting warm. But, pour me a diet pepsi and crown, I will need a refill pretty darn soon.
I think you might need one of those Tornando's that I refer to earlier. Might give you the energy to get throught the day. I am sure you missed something to comment about, Like WW's speedo suit. How could you miss that. He even had to borrow a pair of his boy's socks to fill 'em out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would think jake brake in snowy/raining weather is not good. Can't compare them to ABS. But, the Kenworth probably doesn't have them either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

WW, a true red neck, goes to the destruction derby. Not enough action on Sundays with NASCAR going around in circles. Jr's accident not enough of a human bbq for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, I have to give it to you. The women(I think you still call them that)can be very swwweeeetttt to look at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Gut isn't that big[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I just wanted to get the whole thing in my picture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Our backyard has been in the makings for about 3 years now. Been through 3-4 make-overs. Should of had Discovery Channel come out and do the last one. I laid all the flagstone, concrete for the spa and bbq, etc. Have to do it a little at a time/ It does take some $$$. Wish I paid myself an hourly contractor's wage. I'd have that toy trailer and new quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and then some.
Will need to build the new wall behind the bbq before winter. But, the next project is finding the garage floor. But, in two weeks, it will look the same anyways. When the wife doesn't want it in the house, she throw it in the garage for me to put away. Oh, well, life goes on.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I decided to not even touch that whole Speedo thing. It's just wrong. VERY WRONG.

Most people are cool about me being completely sober. People either figure it was family issues (bingo there) or I partied earlier in life and got into some bad situations. I'm really a mellow guy. Shy. Stand back and watch people. But once I get to know how far I can go watch out. hehehe. I floored one friend when he asked why we were walking outside the mall at Xmas. Told him cause his gf liked it when certain parts of her anatomy got cold. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Jaw dropped for him. "I'm not suprised someone said that about my girlfriend. I'm just suprised you're the one who said it." LOL

One friend for kicks wants to get me drunk to just see what I'd be like. I laugh and tell him he better be the one to take me to the hospital. Booze and medication don't mix...high BP, cholesterol (2 meds for that) and Diabetes. Just do one thing, make sure you guys and your kids take care of themselves. Oh well, you learn to live. 280lbs @ 18 y/o. Best mod you can do for your quad, lose weight. It's amazing what losing 50 lbs will do for the motor. LOL I guess it was a good thing the ex-gf gave me Strepp Throat. LOL I won't get into ex-gf bashing here. I did that enough this weekend.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Been gone for a couple days and it takes me a half hour just to READ all this stuff. But AHA! I found a 'diamond in the ruff' in all this. Confused mentioned something about the overdrive light flashing if the tranny is overheating. Never knew this. Now that I have a tranny temp guage I'll see if this really happens, though I try to keep the thing FROM overheating by watching the guage.

And another thing. All 'big truck' Jake's do not come on automatically when you lift your foot off the fuel pedal. On mine, once the engine brake switch is in the "on" position, I still have to then put my left foot on a small pedal on the floor to activate it. And if I'm using the cruise control, the Jake won't come on. I have to either give the brake or the clutch a quick tap to dis-engage it. The three levels of engine braking is controlled by a switch that activates 2 - 4 - or 6 cylinders involved in the braking action. Most drivers just leave it in the 6 cylinder setting for max braking. Otherwise you just hit the brakes to slow you down. But, there ARE some engine brakes that come on with the switch and anytime you aren't giving it gas, you're automatically into the engine brake. I don't like these, for exactly the reason mentioned above.

More than you ever wanted to know on THIS subject!

There, I'm back from my weekend of RV'ing (and adult beveragizing).

I've GOT to find out about that data plug in the middle of my dash...!

Old 08-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Thanks for the info on the exhaust brakes guy. I guess it gets noisy with those. I seen a sign on like 65 or something (in Salinas, goes between Salinas and Monterey) about avoiding use of exhaust braking between certain hours. One side of the road is some ag land, the other is houses.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"avoid use of.." is a polite way of asking, "prohibited use of" is a way to help collect extra revenue.

B & R, LMAO on the comment about best way to mod the quad for power is lose 50 lbs. looks like mine could really fly. but i only pack the extra tank (around waist) to give me more counter-balance on steep hills, side hills, downhills, etc..

Antonio the brick builder, of course you'd be able to pound Crown Royal, it's a Canadian bevy. I'd let that awful American beer sit and get warm too, who knows, it might improve. I think they distill the beer from U-238 heavy water. ww got's the pee-degree, maybe he knows. that's even more impressive that you went from mental plan. I now realize... your mom is Italian, and your dad is Portugese. How silly,now I get it... your daughter was the brains behind it. send her to your brother's and she'll have a good summer job. (P.S. get a retainer from family before starting any reno for them).

ww, I don't want your hands on me... never trust a polyorchid man, especially one with a Van-tran history.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:12 AM
Quad Patrol

B&W, I lived what you described. While in the military overseas, I drank enough for my life time and then some. Now, it's social drinking only. Yea, you are the quiet guy, but you have no problem telling someone, your girlfriend turns me on when it's cold outside[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Was she there when you said it? But, you are right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Nothing like headlights leading the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Oh yea, what was wrong about the speedos? Envisioning WW in a pair or just speedos themselves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Tommy, welcome back. You need to post some new pictures of your latest outings. Thanks for the additional information on jake brakes. I know the street behind my house has the "no jake brakes" signs posted. Doesn't really stop them though. But, oh well. I do like the sound of diesel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Confused, the key to carrying around the extra weight is to be able to use it. Yours is just dead weight sitting over your belt buckle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
The daughter does have the brains in our little operations. But, you were wrong on the ethnicticity of my forefathers. They are from Germany, Poland and Lithuania. All industrial countries. My family couldn't lay tile if it fell on the floor directly in front of them.
You know being german, you would think I'd like warm beer. Can't stand it.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:15 AM
Quad Patrol

I just noticed B&W, Confused and MrTommy are not supporting members[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Come on guys, I need a raise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and it gives your more spots to post pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Thanks for the info on the exhaust brakes guy. I guess it gets noisy with those. I seen a sign on like 65 or something (in Salinas, goes between Salinas and Monterey) about avoiding use of exhaust braking between certain hours. One side of the road is some ag land, the other is houses.
I think there is a difference in noise levels between a big rig and a superduty...

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel