Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Ok. Someones gonna have to skool me on putting this thing on the trailer. Took me 6 tries and i just about killed my self.
Theres NO way id get it in the back of the truck without pushing it. haha
LJ, Congrads on the new quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You put the thing in 1st gear, give it some gas, let the clutch out slowly and up you go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Ok. Someones gonna have to skool me on putting this thing on the trailer. Took me 6 tries and i just about killed my self.
Theres NO way id get it in the back of the truck without pushing it. haha
LJ, Congrads on the new quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You put the thing in 1st gear, give it some gas, let the clutch out slowly and up you go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks! Im loving it. This thing has GOBS of power(compared to the outty)...

I was doing that but i didnt want to give it too much gas and itd stall at the top of the ramp. Then the last time i almost gave it too much and got the front wheels up. lol
Ive gotta get used to the throttle. Its pretty touchy and that was most of my problem... Alot different from riding a CVT quad.

Old 06-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Hey, I put the Warrior on the Triton first shot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Takes practice, that's all. The clutch is your friend. Steady throttle, slow speed up the ramp and when the front gets onto the ramp let off the throttle, pull the clutch and ease on the brakes. Or haul @ss up the ramp and grab the brakes. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Hey, I put the Warrior on the Triton first shot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Takes practice, that's all. The clutch is your friend. Steady throttle, slow speed up the ramp and when the front gets onto the ramp let off the throttle, pull the clutch and ease on the brakes. Or haul @ss up the ramp and grab the brakes. LOL
yeah but youve been riding a manual quad longer than me. lol

Ill get it down. Like you said it just takes practice.

Old 06-12-2005, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes, one of them clutch operated quads would launch from the angle going onto my deck. it'd make a neat jump tho!

Old 06-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ok, that's it...I'm gonna move up there and live in LJ's TT....Miami fricken ROCKS now. LOL.

We broke the Z is pretty well. Like 60 miles well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I think LJ must be giving it a bath right now. She wasn't all that white at the end of the day.... No longer is 25 miles there an all day affair. It's smooth, but tougher than Hollister. Err...sorry...no more CA riding stuff. Sorry. I just couldn't hold it in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I'll have to get the digi working...the "Got Rut?" pic in my page doesn't exist anymore. It's smooth with water bars now.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yup. Right at 60 miles.
Im loving this thing. I never knew how much abuse you(now me too) sport guys took. lol This thing beat me up. I guess i gotta mess around with the suspension a lil bit.

Anyways, shes all clean now and ready for the next ride(pissssmo) unless i get the urge to ride again. LOL
Gonna try and put a nice coat of wax on it and do some maintence tomorow.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Yikes, one of them clutch operated quads would launch from the angle going onto my deck. it'd make a neat jump tho!
Let's see the pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Quad Patrol

Yup. Right at 60 miles.
Im loving this thing. I never knew how much abuse you(now me too) sport guys took. lol This thing beat me up. I guess i gotta mess around with the suspension a lil bit.

Anyways, shes all clean now and ready for the next ride(pissssmo) unless i get the urge to ride again. LOL
Gonna try and put a nice coat of wax on it and do some maintence tomorow.
Oh my Gosh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] A UTE guy saying he loves a Sport Quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] What's this world coming too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I put mine to the softest setting and like the handling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't worry to much about bottoming out the suspension. So, if your riding real hard and jumping, maybe you need to set it for a stiffer ride. But, that will eat you up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] especially on 60 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2005, 02:50 AM
Quad Patrol

Went 4 wheeling with my brothers and their Jeeps today, up around Cherry Lake/Clavey River. Had a blast. The area was hit real hard this year by all the snow up there. Moved a few "big" trees that fell across the roads. Came across a rock slide that stopped us in our tracks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Thought about going over it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But quickly thought "common sense was the better part of Valor"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Had a bear stop in the middle of the road about 150 feet in front of us. Started walking towards us with an "attitude" I'll try and post pics tommorow. Then, I do need to pack for Pismo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel