Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
I heard that the new '05 Ford will have Ind. front susp. also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
This is true. No more solid. Even the 4x4s will have IFS.

Old 07-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Check it out, WhiteWater goes away for a few days with the wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, needs to log on to the computer, to get some loving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Your pictures look good. There really is some nice scenery in Utah[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I haven't been to a NASCAR race, other than a local track about 12 years ago. On t.v. it seems boring. But, in person, I bet that there is a lot of excitement going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I hear you about the house, Get used to it WW, it's a never ending process[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] as matter of fact, tiling around the fireplace is on my list of honey dues[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] That dang list just keeps getting longer and longer.
Well, as far as being a night owl, yes, I have turned it to one. Only need about 4 hours of sleep to get through the day. As far as washing you truck, bring it over, what do you prefer? Brillo pads or 60 grit sand paper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BlackandRed, Twice in less then 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Who you paying off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's to bad about the engine problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I know what your talking about with guys, buying the wannabe power truck and towing everything they can put in the bed, trailer and cab. It's crazy. Before long, CHP will be watching what we are pulling down the road and actually start doing weight checks. Fines for being over-loaded can be in the thousands of dollars. Not to mention, it's just darn right unsafe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

"Oh but we aren't towing commercially so weight doesn't matter." LOL Morons. When people start getting killed, then things will change. And it's going to happen sooner or later.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B&R, of course WW can help ya out with the woman scene, he'll just lend you one of his wives[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . Don't forget, he's in the state that allows multiple wives. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] WW, we definitely know which wife went with you on the romantic getaway, but who's the mean wife that expects all the work? I mean, it can't be the same person that you took away, that would show you her gratitude by making such unreasonable demands. You fell for the oldest woman trick in the book (next to "I do"). "Oh I promise dear, it'll only be paint".

I'm sure tile went well for you. small area like that is a good place to learn. the nice thing about tile is that if you're not working with a perfectly square area, you have wiggle room over a few courses of tile to fix it. the adhesive on wall is a little easier to work with than thinset.

Indy was great. They have 4-5 different races which includes Cascar ( a poorer man's version of Nascar), Indy-lights, and the local race scene. Now back on topic...... I really like checking out the pits and their cool trailer set-ups, mobile tools, etc.. They all have a quad or 2 to run errands, pull their tool boxes and tire carts to the pit-stop area, fetch extra parts. The trailers are incredibly cool. Too hard to describe, or this post would never end.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Actually UT (and the LDS Church) both frown upon the paligomy thing. It had to be outlawed before they were allowed into the union. It's just the sick weirdos who live away from everyone that do that thing.

I've done the tile thing is some friend's kitchen. It was cool.

Used to watch CART all the time. Back in the early-mid 90s. When the Ford Cowsorth B motor was the motor to have and only found in Newman-Haas cars (M. Andretti). THen he left for F-1 and Nigel Mansel came over and gave some lessons.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider

too funny B&R, all the sick wierdos come to Canada for safe haven. Actually, I'll be more specific, they move to the Kootenays, which is the southeast part of our province, just above Montana.Three beautiful mtn. ranges in there. We've got bigamists there that are some type of throwback cult to good 'ol Brigham. I'm all for havin a couple of extra wives to help with cooking, cleaning, laundry,(might even teach 'em how to tune up my quad and wash it), but these guys are really sick perverts cuz they marry 14 y/o to add to the harem.eeewwww. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And, the LDS may claim to denounce the practice, but considering it was a fundemental of their religion practised by their founder, I wonder how sincere that denouncement is/was. okay, we're into the religion discussion which is scary, cuz next we'll be talking politics.

back to the Kootenays. there are all kinds of dukabors and hutterite groups, and they've got groups of US para-military types training in the backwoods, waiting to overthrow the gov't. Right now, I'd say they could probably take over Canada, but they'll have a tougher time with the Uncle.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the day I heard about 911, I thought it coulda been one of these types of groups (remember Timothy McVie?), but then the Taliban took credit.

returning to the light (topic) now. EVERY Champ car has a Ford-Cogsworth power-plant.they did this to level the playing field and to make it a driver's test, instead of an owner's test. Almost all have a Lola chasis. 2 had Reynard chasis. I thought it was hilarious/ironic that Dodge is the big sponsor and we saw a Viper pace car, and some new Chrysler product, BRT-4 (?), and all the drivers do a pre-race parade in shiny red Dodge trucks with Hemis yet all the engines are Ford in the race cars. It'd be mayhem if they were Dodge engines, all blowing apart on the track seconds after the race starts. Paul Newman and Wayne Gretzky rode together in a Viper convertible.

Okay guys, my butt is sore from your feedback calling me a quisling for thinking about Duramax. Logger cousin was down this weekend from the north, to see Cart race. he brought a new 6.0 Ford diesel crewcab/shorty. Nice truck. much quieter than mine. sunroof is cool. Heated power seats on both sides too. he got better mileage than my dually gets, but I don't know his gear ratio. It's a hard comparison to make. his was empty too. I do like the tow-haul mode on the gearshifter (an idea Ford stole from GM). when you brake on hill in tow-haul mode, it downshifts automatically. Also, apparently has built in exhaust brake (?), maybe it was tranny brake (?). Also, in the tow mode, it holds each gear a little longer before up-shifting. Probably a good option for dummies like me so we don't blow tranny.

I generally don't like buying any manufacturer's new technology until it's got a few years of testing and track record behind it. The 6.0 has only been out 1-2 years. my cousin borrowed the Ford and is still a Cummins fanatic.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider

All Ford F-250/350 diesels have 3.73s from the factory.

All those functions are part of the new TorqShift mated to the 6.0. Nice setup from what all I read.

Well it's off to bed. See ya later.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

In a dually, 4:10 gears WERE standard with the 7.3. On these 6.0L, are they putting in 3:73's in the dually? Can you order 4:10s?

now that we're on page 17 and post 327, is there a quicker way to get to the last post, other than continually moving ahead 3 pages at a time and waiting for the next screen to appear?

anyone interested in starting a new post like, "Ford diesel chat for frat boys"... or something like that? Of course, the frat is in honor of our pal and mentor WW.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, It funny you should mention that, I was thinking the same thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As I was lookin at WW son, I was thinking he should change his hair color to purple[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I think we are SOL on a faster way to get to the most recent thread. I agree with you on your new Thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just let us know. Need to run and pick up a child at soccer camp. Chat later, Lt. Dan

Old 07-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

anyone interested in starting a new post like, "Ford diesel chat for frat boys"... or something like that? Of course, the frat is in honor of our pal and mentor WW.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Frat boy here. That would be Sigma Nu to be correct - would ya like me to tell ya the secret hand shake and sing a ra, ra song for you?

And yes, multiple wives is what it's all about!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Too bad they all gang up on me and make me install tile, mow the lawn, take out the trash........By the way, the tile job is a pain in the a$$ - the dang wall isn't straight. I've put about 15lbs of mud on the wall to even it out, but its not quite good enough yet. However, the hearth was cake.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I put up a couple new pics.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel