Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: MrDumass

Did someone say hydro???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL!

I got to do some scuba in Jamaica. That was pretty sweet. Only went one day, but hey it was grand. I dunno if I could scuba again. My dam ears are messed up. When I get below water to deep, the pressure feels like its gunna blow my brains out of my ears. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Haven't made it to Jamaica mahn[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Have been to Puerto Rico, Aruba and Caracau[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] along with Monterey and Point Lobos, which is south of Pebble Beach[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Best diving was in Aruba[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2005, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

howdy pahdnuz (that's partners). finally back in action. 1 week in Kamloops and then 1 in Williams Lake, Prince George and McKenzie (they're a good ways north).

i checked a couple of pages back and see our fixated deviant stalker was able to lure miss kitty back. well done Hoss.

but overall, not much posting while i was gone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] do you guys need me to stir the pot and PO everyone? geez, i've never done that before. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'll try to post some pics of our Kamloops trip. some awesome hillclimbs there... you might like the terrain there for dirtbiking MWQ. steep, rocky dirt hills. one of the cousins just bought a Yamaha 250 or 350 trials bike, all alum frame, kinda pinkish-purple. very cool, and can he ever climb boulders and hop around on it.

oh yeah, and one guy had a 6 wheel polaris and another guy had a Yamaha Rhino. you wouldn't believe what the crazy ***** did with that rhino, and how steep he'd climb.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Confused, shut the hell up and quit yer belly aching…um…I mean…Hi Confusedbuyer. How are you? And no I’m not a deviant stalker; I’m just a sexy biaatch.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like you had a good time on vacation. I hope all of you had a great weekend. I spent 4-days in the mountains camping and riding the 700. It snowed on us yesterday, and I just about left the 5th wheel up there (muddy). I took the ATV trailer down first and then went back for the fiver.

I can’t believe how much snow we still have. The run-off is awesome (tons of waterfalls, swollen streams, etc.). We took turns drift breaking on ATV’s. It was all fun and games until I tipped on a drift, and threw wifey into a stream. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater

I can’t believe how much snow we still have. The run-off is awesome (tons of waterfalls, swollen streams, etc.). We took turns drift breaking on ATV’s. It was all fun and games until I tipped on a drift, and threw wifey into a stream. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

which wife? er, ah, i mean... smooth move ex-lax!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

okay MD, just posted my Kamloops pics. no rush [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], whenever ya get a chance to approve 'em. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

so i looked at an F550 today. Hmmm, sounds like the same engine and drive train. i dunno, think i'll stick with the F350.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Im back!!!! Ok actually i was back on monday. Ive got pics but my image hosting is full. I gotta get a paid account. 1000 pic limit!!!!!!!!!!!1 yeeeeaaaahhh.

Also my grandma in washington died this weekend. Had a stroke or something. So sunday morning i had to take my mom to the airport in San Diego at 4:30am. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Soooo. that left me all alone to drive home. lol Not the first time pulling teh trailer by my self but the first LONG trip. LOTS of CHP out. Went by a few of em doin 60-63 they didnt even look. lol

ANNNNNDDD my dad just left last night for washington so that leaves me ALL ALONE!111111111!!! PARTY AT LJs PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Anybody goin ridin this weekend?

Old 06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about your Grandma LJ. I’ve lost two grandparents in 2 years, and have 2 Grandma’s that are not doing so well. One is getting a shunt put in her brain and the other has a leaky heart, and has to go into the hospital tomorrow. Since I’ve moved back to BFE, I’ve been helping out my paternal Grandparents. It’s hard to see them get old.

Nice pics oh great Confused one. I thought alkali flats only existed in my neck of the woods / desert.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

GM all.

Sorry to hear about the loss LJ. Only lost a few family members so far that I've known. Only one that I really knew was my aunt. One granpa died before I was born and the other I only got to meet one time.

Riding this weekend sounds good. Let's do Miami. Maybe stretch the legs if we can up to Signal.

Confused, the 550s are just heavier duty versions of the other Super Duties. GVWR should be over, or around, 20,000. Our 450 is 15,000. Still use the same engine and trannies. They used to have a 7 speed stick, but I think they dropped it. Gotta move up to the 650 & 750 to really change things up. CAT and Cummins engines and Allison trannies. The 450/550 will get you the big rear ends though (4.88, and maybe a 5.something if you get the V-10...but WTF would you get a gas motor in that big of a truck for?)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

condolences on Grandma LJ.

Hoss, do your alkali flats get muddy with rain, and really stink? These ones are mixed with cow patty, so that may help some.

i dunno skinner, if the tranny is the same how can it handle those heavier loads??????just with gearing and rear end? this 550 had a 7.3 diesel, and 6 spd standard.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

Hoss, do your alkali flats get muddy with rain, and really stink? These ones are mixed with cow patty, so that may help some.
I haven't noticed a smell, but the larger area's of alkali are always wet and muddy. They are area's that people stay away from...too bad it's all over the place (especially in area's that have been heavily irrigated). I think irrigation seems to bring that crap to the surface. We have several acre's on our farm that we can't use anymore.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel