Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Confused, a little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I give him credit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds like a cool place to ride. Sounds like some of the areas in the Sierras. Isn't it great when your out and about in nature, whether it's on your quad, foot, driving the back roads and you see nature in action[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]To me, that's what this is all about. Getting away from and seeing what majority of city dwellers don't. I bet your friends had to get a change of drawers. That's way too close, Hitting a bear with you quad and watching it roll over the rack[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]I did see the darker face, I thought that was just your natural color, Or were you, following your friends to close, when they hit that bear and took their squirts in the face[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

HA2, your welcome, When you throw a trailer behind it loaded and all, I'm sure you will see a significant drop in mpg. And like I posted, my total weight was around 12,500. Lt. Dan

Ouch, WW, your riding the rear end of Confused awfully close and hard,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Are you sure your not looking in the mirror while posting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Putting your ways on Confused? And if he wants to jump ship and try out the feminine trucks in the world and not stick with The Manly truck, then let him. It is a free country. Hey, wait a minute, he lives in the great north. Confused, are you still free up there? Or, do they just tell you you are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I have to admit, I'm the one who is usually taking the pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and when my picture is taken, it's while I'm on a quad. But, hey, if your hard up for a picture to put behind this keyboard, I'll try to find one of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, it will be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trasher, I heard the opposite. I heard even Ford's 3/4 T had gone to solid front axle, and they were getting away from the independent suspension.

rescue, we were all heavily covered in facial dust.I never saw the bear incident, the others were talking about it.

ww, pavement princess?? not me. you should come up to kamloops to see where we drag our 30' trailer. BUT, 90% is probably pavement driving. Okay guys, i get it. Forget the Duramax!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

ww, I'm tired of using my great wit and material on you and you keep consulting dodge boy to come back at me with the lame frat boy stuff. I heard you went into Brigham Young as a tight end, and came out a wide receiver. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
OMG, now I sound like you! I'll have to start slamming myself to help you along with the process.

hey guys, look for me at turn 6. we went to Molson Indy (Champ car series) today, and that's were our seats are. HOT!! 101 degrees today (it NEVER gets that hot here). And scantily clothed women.. oh my. No good for you ww, then you can see they're not trannys and it takes away that mystique.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I heard you went into Brigham Young as a tight end, and came out a wide receiver. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

OUCH, That was good, LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In all honesty, the Duramax is a good truck, not a great truck like the FORD, Powerstroke but, a good truck. If you want a proven truck that has been around for awhile, the Powerstroke is it. But, hey,it's your money and it's going to be parked in your driveway, not mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Champ car racing, as I flip through the channels, I'll see if the Speed Channel has anything on it. Are you sure the heat wasn't just you over-heating from all the scantily clothed women around you? It has been around 100 plus here this week. Yesterday it was 104, today it was every bit of that. Should be hot all week.

Old 07-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

you guys suck cause all i can aford is my boss's very used '92 F-150 extended cab long box with the 5.0L for $400 my mojave took the $4000 away and then the girls complain about my wastefull ness ways plus i got a mercury sable thats a 2000 with DOHC 3.0L 6 for free so i guess i can't complain but i see the biggest F-350 crew cab long box with 6 inches of lift and 5 inch exhaust with turbo mods in the future vary far future

Old 07-24-2004, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol

rols, Welcome to the thread. I can't believe you dawg us right out of the gate. Seems like you will fit right in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I can tell you, everything that I have didn't come over night. It has taken years to get what my family has have. That includes a few, not so nice talks with the wife. When things get bad, the kids and I take the quads and the wife riding and she forgets all the things that are negative[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Or so, I think she does[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

It's nice that you have a F350 truck in your horizons. It will happen if you keep your priorities straight. You mentioned girls complaining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Where are your pictures?

Old 07-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Quad Patrol

BlackandRed, congradulations on being the #1 featured member today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Lt. Dan

Old 07-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Thank you thank you. I'd like to first of all thank...

At least THIS time all the pictures are there on my page. This is like the second time in ohhhhhh....2 weeks I've been spotlighted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The last time was on July 16th according to the little love note that I got from whitewater. I wonder how they figure it out? Maybe it's on the KB of material posted to the forums. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I used to raise hell in the Yamaha and Dunes forums. No, I have no idea what's going on in there. Spend my time here and the CA thread in Where to ride. Usually taking the side against two strokes. Wow, those were the days. I think people are intimidated now. That's where I got my name for long posts. Now I'm on to beating up on 1/2-ton truck owners wanting to pull doubles with 40' fifth-wheels weighing 20,000lbs and 16' 12,000 lb flat beds. Oh yeah, and they are using whatever the smallest block V-8 the manufacturer de jur is putting out. It doesn't have enough power so they think adding a supercharger, dropping to 10:1 rear axles, with overload springs is gonna cure it.

I think I about summed up some of the posts here. hehe. ok, they aren't that bad.

ok, enough with that. Back on topic.

I'm a Ford man, but this is getting rediculous. We just had our THIRD truck blow a plug out of the head. This time it was on a F-150 4.6L. The previous were a '99 Expedition 5.4L and a '99 Lightning 5.4L S/C. So if anyone has these motors CHECK YOUR PLUGS! And this last one just had the plugs replaced. I think it was about 3 weeks ago. The dealer did the Heli coil thing for free. I guess the first mechanic was on to something with low compression. Dealer changed the plugs (80K miles) and #6 coil. They should have checked that closer I think.

Talking to the service manager (I actually ride with him funny enough, he's a friend of a friend) it's not uncommon. The combination of the aluminum heads and the fact that the plugs are set in like 9/16 holes doesn't help. Just not deep enough threads I guess. Oh well.

Well that at least involved a Ford. No diesels. Only Ford Diesel we have is an '85 E-350 box van. Oh the joys of driving that beast. I think that's the 6.9L.

Oh, and I don't care what Ford says, the 302 IS NOT a 5.0L. It's a 4.9L. If you want to say 5 Liter that's ok. The displacement is less than 4.95L so it can't round up to 5.0L. I hope it was the guys in Marketing and not the Engineering.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

of course it was in marketing where else would such a mistake take place oh and for pics of the girls and wheelers i'll give you a hint I CAN'T RUN THIS THING but the girls are the 2 hottest ones at my school and they came to shop one day and started washing my Mojave now we hang out all day and night but we can't go riding all the time 'cause the town stopped from doing so but they still wanna go with me when i go but ones dad is a dirtbike rider and hates wheelers i am gonna marry her just like the shirt says

Old 07-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Love notes? Look in the mirror? BYU? Wow, I can finally start to feel the LOVE from you guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh, and Dodge boy is in Montana for the week. The lame quips are all mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I went to Nascar in Vegas a few months ago - it was pretty good (I had free tickets).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] So Confused, have fun today...I get to go install a tile surround on my fireplace today (oh, boy). I've never done tile before so wish me luck. It started with new leather couches that didn't match the wall color, so I had to paint the walls, and my wife wanted me to install crown molding...and then... the ceiling fan didn't match the room anymore, so a new light, and now the tile doesn't match the couches or the new wall paint or the new light....I love how these projects seem to snowball....gees, my house is only 3-years old.

Got some pics from my Moab vacation - gotta love a disposable camera.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you night owls a question: why in the hell are you up at 2, 3, 4 am? If you can't sleep, you can come over and wash my F-250 or make me a pair of shoes or something....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Up late? umm...well last night was Friday. Sometimes I either can't fall asleep, or am up chatting. Yeah, chatting is BAD. Very Very bad. But sometimes, a cute one will get on cam. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I think rescue probably works into the night and that's why he is always posting late. Those late night posts are also usually my good ones too.

I barely wash my own, well company, truck. Why would I go to UT to wash yours? Wait...got any cute, single, FEMALE and LEGAL neighbors who would give me a hand? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I hear UT is a big culture shock to people. Does look like some beautiful country up there though. Of course your wife could come out and help me, wait, that's not nice to say.

ok, short post from me. Yeah, really. No, really. No, I'm ok. Feeling just fine. Off to see the Borne Supremecy.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel