Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

One of my kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] obliterated one of our 15[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] remote controls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] So, instead of buying a new one, I ran down to Costco and bought one of those Cold Heat solderers. When I first sw them, I was skeptical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Couldn't see how it worked and most of all. It was mail order only[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I ddin't want to spend my hard earned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] money on it. With out actually seeing it. Well, I saw Costco has been carrying them for a few months now. At first, it was just the Soldering iron by itself. Then, I noticed they were selling it with the wire stripping tool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So, hhhmmmm, maybe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, after seeing how delicate remotes are built[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I thought, IT'S time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Went down bought it for $16.99[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And tried it, Thing works like a charm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glad I bought it and the wife didn't say a word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Especially when she had the look of shock on her face when I fixed the remote[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I LOVE getting NEW TOOLS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So, if you need a solderer, I recommend it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Quad Patrol

Now, I know b&rw has some experience with electrical thingys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, maybe he can speak from experience;Q But, for someone who just tinkers with electrical thngs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I liked the job it did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
okay, hopefully i'm literate enuf to post this link: http://encycl.opentopia.com/term/McDonald's_massacre or you can copy it yourself.

skinner, how dare i ever question your wisdom. it was San Ysidro, CA a 'burb of San Diego. (but you CA guys prolly already knew where San Ysidro is). and 1984.... I coulda sworn it was in the 70's. Still, i remembered some facts right, like the POS re-loaded over and over (77 minutes), he was killed by a police sniper, he killed 21 people, the memorial, McD's tearing down the building after..remembered that stuff, but would never remember the POS name.
IIRC San Ysidro is the border crossing into TJ.

Went to the link (thanks OFC) and I can't believe the ******** wife had the gall to sue McD's! Eating too many chicken nuggets? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Maybe sick (as in toss his lunch) but going insane like that? I DON'T THINK SO!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Anyone subscribe to the new Diesel Power magazine that came out a couple months ago? I think that's the name of it.
Nope. I don't get but one Linux magezine. Just don't have enough time.
Is that a alley cat magazine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Linux, not Lynx (Lynx is a test-only web broswer on UNIX-style systems.)

Linux.org

UNIX is a trademark of the Open Group.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I'll attach a link or post a picture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if, I can find one. For the price I like it. Especially when I need to buy 5[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Actually, the oldest is pretty much been daddy trained[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] She knows what is essential and what is not[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Q I still have more work to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife though, is a lost cause[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And I stopped at Costco on the way home. Though about looking then realized screw it, it's kinda busy and I'm hungry. Had to buy charcoal (Kingsford is the only briquettes I will buy), lighter fluid and picked up some hot dogs as they were 1/2 the price of the grocery store.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Air Cooled Rider

One of my kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] obliterated one of our 15[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] remote controls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] So, instead of buying a new one, I ran down to Costco and bought one of those Cold Heat solderers. When I first sw them, I was skeptical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Couldn't see how it worked and most of all. It was mail order only[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I ddin't want to spend my hard earned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] money on it. With out actually seeing it. Well, I saw Costco has been carrying them for a few months now. At first, it was just the Soldering iron by itself. Then, I noticed they were selling it with the wire stripping tool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So, hhhmmmm, maybe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, after seeing how delicate remotes are built[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I thought, IT'S time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Went down bought it for $16.99[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And tried it, Thing works like a charm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glad I bought it and the wife didn't say a word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Especially when she had the look of shock on her face when I fixed the remote[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I LOVE getting NEW TOOLS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So, if you need a solderer, I recommend it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ok, so how did she jack up the remote? That's what I want to know.

I've seen them and have always wondered about them myself. I have a regular cheapo Wells soldering iron (pencil type) that I've used like 2 or 3 times. Last time was when I fixed the Nubira A/C.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Now, I know b&rw has some experience with electrical thingys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, maybe he can speak from experience;Q But, for someone who just tinkers with electrical thngs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I liked the job it did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I don't tinker with too many things electrical. I draw the stuff up, not build it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If I had to build it, I'd actually have to do some work sometimes. LOL. Actually sometimes I do get called on to work on stuff. I've worked on control panels (2 VFDs, a few starters, 2 A/Cs...and that was in EACH panel.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Time to go Spin a little. Have to see what the boys did last night over there. I'll keep an eye open in here.

100 more today?

Old 07-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Anyone subscribe to the new Diesel Power magazine that came out a couple months ago? I think that's the name of it.
Nope. I don't get but one Linux magezine. Just don't have enough time.
Is that a alley cat magazine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Linux, not Lynx (Lynx is a test-only web broswer on UNIX-style systems.)

Linux.org

UNIX is a trademark of the Open Group.
I saw the proof[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Quad Patrol

And I stopped at Costco on the way home. Though about looking then realized screw it, it's kinda busy and I'm hungry. Had to buy charcoal (Kingsford is the only briquettes I will buy), lighter fluid and picked up some hot dogs as they were 1/2 the price of the grocery store.
Yea, I try and time when I go there too. I find Wed/Thurs are the best. Not as crowded and they usually have hard to find or, seasonal item(s) show up on the floors on those days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel