Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
Speaking of "ouches" on new trucks... a lady that I worked with had lent her son their new diesel and travel trailer. He's on his way home from the sierra's on Sunday night.... coming into El Dorado Hills when all of a sudden the trailer starts doing the side to side sway motion... and within seconds the trailer flips on its side and takes the truck with it. Luckily, the hitch failed and the truck and trailer broke apart, sending the truck down a ditch, rolling twice and landing back on it's tires... Luckily, he walked away with just a few scrapes and cuts, however the truck and trailer are a total loss... and did I mention the truck didn't even have plates on it yet! Ouch!!!
I always worry about that, pulling doubles.

Old 06-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
And my weekend...probably ride up at Miami with LJ tomorrow. Have to see how that pans out. Maybe we'll toss a party since his parents aren't home and invite the cute neighborhood girls over.
I was just up at Beasore. And its STILL impassable. This guy in a chevy and i were gonna try to make it up there but he got stuck so i yanked him out. It was a 2004 2500 BTW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He was frame deep.
Im sure i could have made it but if i were to get stuck id be outta luck.

You wanna ride miami or above bass lake?

Party sounds good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
me and a freind are going to fresno tonight to see whats goin on down thur.

Old 06-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Golisth (on here...sandandmudd on yahoo) wants to run shutteye this year, but he's booked next 2 weekends. Try Signal Pk? Wait...better take that over to Where to ride or hit me on Yahoo...don't want anyone's panties ruffled.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Skinner, you stop playing with those Gallery boys (AKA: Daily Spin Zone). They are nothing but trouble.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sorry about the truck MD.

Miss Kitty, Great timing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You can say that again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

See, there you go again, You and DQ both at the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Spin Zone has all kinds of problems. Not too much playing. The quest is on for 1000 pages though. Getting all kinds of errors and time outs over there. They are much more mellow than they used to be. I think all the trouble makers left.

Mainly it's OFC, MWQ, MD pops in now and again, and a few others. Maybe 10 total people are active over there.
I try to keep up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just to see what the hourly topic is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it's a full time job to keep up with that thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
Speaking of "ouches" on new trucks... a lady that I worked with had lent her son their new diesel and travel trailer. He's on his way home from the sierra's on Sunday night.... coming into El Dorado Hills when all of a sudden the trailer starts doing the side to side sway motion... and within seconds the trailer flips on its side and takes the truck with it. Luckily, the hitch failed and the truck and trailer broke apart, sending the truck down a ditch, rolling twice and landing back on it's tires... Luckily, he walked away with just a few scrapes and cuts, however the truck and trailer are a total loss... and did I mention the truck didn't even have plates on it yet! Ouch!!!

OUCH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't feel to bad now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Speaking of trailer hitches. I pulled into Flyin J to fill up today. There is a Chevy p/u pulling a dump trailer on the other side of the island. I notice that there is a hitch safety pin on the bumper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Take a look under his bumper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and see that the hitch pin is halfway out of the receiver[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Not good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Glad I caught it, I've seen 2 trailers in the last few weeks on the side of the hwy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] both had come loose from the tow vehicle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2005, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

That new outlander is SOOOOOOOOOO tempting. They said it handles like a sport quad.. 65hp too!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 06-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like someone was driving too fast, and/or made some sudden movements that caused accident. it's ALWAYS an element of driver error.

Hoss, you STILL working on one room? How long does it take to trowel construction adhesive onto the ceiling before affixing the mirrors in place?? try sum-o-dat adhesive on that wet noodle.. it might fix that problem too. Me, acuse you of being sexy blond????? NOPE! Only acuse you of being the basement dweller in underwear, stalking innocent victims.

well, i just finished wiring in the Flextherm heating wire for basement bathroom. tomorrow i'll cover it in tile. nuthin quite like heat radiating from tile.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
well, i just finished wiring in the Flextherm heating wire for basement bathroom. tomorrow i'll cover it in tile. nuthin quite like heat radiating from tile.
Is that so "pee" doesn't freeze on the floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] due to the cold winters up north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2005, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Is that so "pee" doesn't freeze on the floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] due to the cold winters up north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMAO!! now i just put tile down.MD, do you wait 2 days before grouting like they tell ya to?? I always thot ya could do it the next day.

when we first moved in, there was these tiny little mosaic tiles on our floor. my wife washed with bleach and water, and other concoctions about 4 times. Couldn't even touch the smell of urine. i don't think the old guy had hit the bowl in years. hey, he's a widower, i guess he could pee wherever he wanted (and did). guess ya don't have to worry about lift the lid when you can't even hit the porcelain. i suppose he got close enough by being in the right room. Anywho, i removed the old tile...NOPE! removed sub floor, sealed ship-lathe (sp?)under that, new sub-floor and then my buddy installed a new piece of lino crooked for me! but the smell is gone.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel